Internet Service Provider?

Posted in the Fort Scott Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
the truth

Fort Scott, KS

#1 Dec 14, 2012
does anyone use a better service provider than Suddenlink? i am wanting to get away from it because its slow and online gaming sucks with it. if anyone knows of a better service i would appreciate it.
fscitizen

Girard, KS

#2 Dec 14, 2012
I believe a nearby, very reliable internet provider is coming to Fort Scott in 2013. They are going to focus on business clients first, but are hoping there is significant residential demand, as they can provide both internet and TV.

Since: Oct 12

Tyler, TX

#3 Dec 17, 2012
Hi the truth- My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your service and would be happy to work with Management in your area to resolve. Please feel free to contact me directly at shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!
SubSonic Sonic

Fort Scott, KS

#4 Dec 17, 2012
You can work with management - but not today. They are on vacation.
quote the raven nevermore

Fort Scott, KS

#5 Dec 17, 2012
why the hell does suddenlink patrol topix?
HelpfulAdvice

United States

#6 Dec 17, 2012
quote the raven nevermore wrote:
why the hell does suddenlink patrol topix?
Because they have social media experts that search for customer complaints on the internet. There exists research groups within the companies or third party contracted groups that try to help solve the problem via public forums, twitter, facebook, or any other social media outlets. Let's say I tweet or say something bad about the internet service "C" for town "A". Well if someone publicly tweets "internet service "C" for town "A" is horrible" well that creates a PR nightmare as that can be retweeted, shared, whatever you want to call it. However, that still doesn't solve the broadband infrastructure in this town. You can have the best customer service in the world but if the service is spotty, lacking reliability, overpaying for not receiving download speeds advertised, or living in a town that doesn't offer faster speeds eventually users realize others problems and raise a fist about it. It creates a brand mistrust. I however am happy it's generating interest. The speeds Suddenlink and AT&T can offer are subpar with offerings in the 20 to 40 miles radius around us. Pittsburg, Arma(up to 50Mbps on Cox, up to 15Mbps on Crawkan), Uniontown has Crawkan up to 15Mbps, Nevada, Iola all have faster internet offerings because they either have Cox Cable or Crawkan. If you have an issue with a company let them know and let a public forum know also. It's pretty clear what can be offered to this town speedwise. We just want to get an interest generated to show that as residents of Fort Scott we want the best customer service for the services we pay for as customers.
Captain Kansas

Emporia, KS

#7 Dec 17, 2012
SDLshannon: It doesn't matter what you do at your end. Suddenfail either can't or doesn't want to make things better in Fort Scott or else it would have done so long ago. People have been complaining about Suddenlink from day one. I used to deal with Suddenlink Tina on twitter and she would say all the same things. She couldn't help. Neither can you.
quote the raven nevermore

Fort Scott, KS

#8 Dec 17, 2012
I hope Cox Cable comes to Fort Scott because i will infact be switching. Suddenlink is god awful and Terrible
William Prestley

United States

#9 Dec 23, 2012
i can provide you with internet for one fee of 30 dollars
answer

Dallas, TX

#10 Dec 24, 2012
I'm pretty sure that fs and S L are under a contract, Cox can't run for residential till it is up.
Need Better Internet

Montgomery, TX

#11 Dec 25, 2012
Shannon - Suddenlink only offers 3Mb/512Kbps service. I've called you repeatedly over the last 4 years asking if there are any plans to go to to something a bit more modern and competitive with what other cities have.

I keep being told there are no plans to put anything better in Fort Scott. When one of you VPs met with people at FSCC, he made it pretty clear that he didn't want to invest much more in Fort Scott.

If you have some information that is different, please share it.
dont do it

Fort Scott, KS

#12 Dec 29, 2012
I cry everytime i get my SL bill i pay 160 a month for crap service. over last 10 yrs the town has lost lot of channles then having to go back an rent a hd box because you cant get HBO with out it so you pay more for it.
If I could get differant service I jump ship faster than speed of light
courtney

Pittsburg, KS

#13 Dec 31, 2012
Has anybody tried Hughes net? I am also looking for an internet provider that is worth paying for.
Iknow

Fort Scott, KS

#14 Jan 3, 2013
HughesNet is not available in our area. I live out of the city limits and have ValNet. They are not too great either. Spotty internet. Works probably 75% of the time.....but they want 100% of their bill paid! Cannot even get DirecTV internet yet in this po-dunk town!
pems

United States

#15 Jan 12, 2013
I to wish I had another option when it comes to internet service. I lost my job after 17 years with Great West/Cigna as I did not have the internet service they required to work from home. Where I live in Bourbon County AT&T, Crawcan, or Sudddenlink is not an option. Currently I have Sprint as my internet carrier, which did not meet the quailifications as far as working from home. For the most part it is normally fast enough but is not unlimited usage. My service with Sprint for just internet runs me about $75 a month. I have spoke with some who have Hughesnet and was advised it is slow and cost about the same as what I am currently paying. I have Dish Network and contacted them about a year ago concerning internet service and was advised it was provided through Wildblue whom I contacted but was advised was not available in my area. This service would not have allowed me to work from home either but was just looking for options to get any service at all. I am still looking for a cheaper option.
countrymama

United States

#16 Jan 12, 2013
Iknow wrote:
HughesNet is not available in our area. I live out of the city limits and have ValNet. They are not too great either. Spotty internet. Works probably 75% of the time.....but they want 100% of their bill paid! Cannot even get DirecTV internet yet in this po-dunk town!
You are mistaken....,HughesNet is available. I lived 7 miles south of Ft. Scott and had HughesNet while there. Changed to Sprint Air Card....faster and cheaper by far. Anywhere you receive Sprint cell phone service, the air card works.
dan

Fort Scott, KS

#17 Jan 12, 2013
William Prestley wrote:
i can provide you with internet for one fee of 30 dollars
Like to know more
bill

Fort Scott, KS

#18 Jan 14, 2013
suddenlink advertises 3mbps but i have yet to see half that. maybe that could void the contract?
Alice

Fort Scott, KS

#19 Jan 14, 2013
We switched to Suddenlink 2 months ago. DOn't regret it. What we had before was so frustrating. we were on the phone all the time and without service. We have internet service everyday with Suddenlink. The best FS has to offer. Glad we changed.
William Prestley

United States

#20 Jan 17, 2013
Why pay for internet when it is in your house already...you pay property tax...so why can't you just use a wifi shooting thru you...its locked you say....crack it. facebook.com/informationnetworkingServices .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Scott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fort Scott Thieves (Oct '15) 5 hr Drew Sinn 35
dui with keys in pocket (Feb '11) 5 hr Don 20
What is the New Building? 11 hr Fastenal 2
what do you thank about AUNT TOADIES? (Dec '11) 14 hr Kcils 14
Walmart Fishing Bait Worms (Sep '11) Sat Captain Wormy Poop 25
Ivanna smith sexy Fri Jwlolz 6
Fisca Jun 24 Curious 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Scott Mortgages