not willing to help
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
FS resident

Fort Scott, KS

#1 Oct 23, 2012
I recently called a local Baptist church needing some help with my water bill and some groceries. They freaking wanted me to do some work around there building for the help. Screw them. They treated me like a second class citizen.
fscitizen

Girard, KS

#2 Oct 23, 2012
Is there anything that might prevent you from being able to do the work? Disability, kids at home, etc?
123abc

Shawnee Mission, KS

#3 Oct 23, 2012
Why not donate your time after all u want them to donate their money why not go to beacon or ru runnning out of places to mooch off of I got onec word for you SKANK
proud80sFSHSgrad

Fort Scott, KS

#4 Oct 23, 2012
FS resident...You should have completed the work! There are free-loaders out in this world and that is a Church's way of making sure you NEED the money. My church does the exact same thing!
What

Fort Scott, KS

#5 Oct 23, 2012
FS resident wrote:
I recently called a local Baptist church needing some help with my water bill and some groceries. They freaking wanted me to do some work around there building for the help. Screw them. They treated me like a second class citizen.
So you want something for nothing? No wonder no one wants to help you! People are so lazy these days. Get a job and if you have a job then learn to manage your money better.
FS resident

Fort Scott, KS

#6 Oct 23, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want something for nothing? No wonder no one wants to help you! People are so lazy these days. Get a job and if you have a job then learn to manage your money better.
This is crap. They wanted me to dust there gd pews. I was just asking for $90 and they wanted me to work for 8 freaking hours.
Kevin

Fort Scott, KS

#7 Oct 23, 2012
The Bible clearly says if you don't work, you don't eat.
another FS resident

Fort Scott, KS

#8 Oct 23, 2012
Churches should be willing to help those in need, but those in need, should be willing to help themselves.
hmmmm

Fort Scott, KS

#9 Oct 23, 2012
8 hours for 90$ is over 10$ an hour! Why couldn't you do the work? If you want a free handout stand on the street with a sigh "to lazy to work for my money"
Anna

Fort Scott, KS

#10 Oct 23, 2012
I am disappointed in these churches that would not assist a poor person.
Anna

Fort Scott, KS

#11 Oct 23, 2012
That is like forced labor. No wonder church attendance is declining in this town.
proud80sFSHSgrad

Fort Scott, KS

#12 Oct 23, 2012
Anna wrote:
I am disappointed in these churches that would not assist a poor person.
The bible is CLEAR!! The church is trying to help them by HELPING THEMSELVES. This generation is lazy...very sad!
blue

Fort Scott, KS

#13 Oct 23, 2012
Anna and FS resident, you do know how churches get their money, right? Every day people, working every day jobs give part of their pay to support their church. Part of this obviously goes to help poor people, but people who can help themselves should help themselves. Doing a little to help the church would be a show of good faith and gratitude, not forced labor.
FS resident

Fort Scott, KS

#14 Oct 23, 2012
I was in need right away. They wanted me to do the work before they would help. That is NOT very Christian in my book.
uhhhh

Kansas City, MO

#15 Oct 23, 2012
FS resident wrote:
<quoted text>This is crap. They wanted me to dust there gd pews. I was just asking for $90 and they wanted me to work for 8 freaking hours.
ENABLED
WORTHLESS
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OTHERS
NEEDS A MENTOR
PROBABLY HAS A FELONY SO CANT GET WELFARE
TAKES LORDS NAME IN VAIN BUT WANTS CHURCH $$
WHATEVER - GET A JOB
FSFD

Fort Scott, KS

#16 Oct 23, 2012
I don't believe in church but applaud these churches for taking the socially responsible position. I get so sick of the mooching. I believe in helping those in legitimate need, but not those who won't work or smoke/drink/drug use their resources away. I work my butt off for what I get.
Don

Fort Scott, KS

#17 Oct 23, 2012
FS resident wrote:
I was in need right away. They wanted me to do the work before they would help. That is NOT very Christian in my book.
The church I attend will occasionally pay someone to do something around the premises to EARN money for food, gas, etc. They get a lot of requests each week from folks who never step foot in the building to attend a service. But, when times get tough & they need a handout, they're knocking at the door expecting the church to bail them out. Offering to let you do some cleaning and paying you over $10/hr to do it is a generous offer. Many folks would jump at that chance. It does appear that you were looking for someone to hand over the $$ for you. It's not like they asked you to put a roof on the building or do other hard, manual labor. How difficult is it to do a little dusting around the building. If nothing else, it would show your appreciation for the help. There are people who would take the money now & offer to come back later to do a little work and they'd never be seen again. Sorry, but you don't get much sympathy here. I agree you should have done a little bit of work for them and appreciated the opportunity to do it. Jobs now days are hard to come by.

Just curious, how do you budget your money? Do you buy beer, lottery tickets, cigarettes and then hope you have something left at the end of the month to pay your expenses?
Don

Fort Scott, KS

#18 Oct 23, 2012
And...a $90 water bill is a bit excessive. Perhaps you need to start by cutting back on how much you use.
FS resident

Fort Scott, KS

#19 Oct 23, 2012
Don wrote:
And...a $90 water bill is a bit excessive. Perhaps you need to start by cutting back on how much you use.
I said water bill and some groceries.
hmmmm

Fort Scott, KS

#20 Oct 23, 2012
2 Thessalonians 3:10 "If a man does not work then he will not eat."

Ben Franklin said "God don't help those who don't help themselves" it is not in the Bible

“For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.”(2 Corinthians 8:9, NIV)

I am not trying to turn this into a Bible Study. But how can you say the church wouldn't help me when I needed it then us "GD" we all know what that stands for. You took the Lords name in vain and still expected symathy. I am sorry but I cannot be symathetic to that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Scott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sammi tucker (Dec '11) 3 hr Tucker 16
Anthony anderson 15 hr david 13
I just heard that Fort Scott owns over 400 prop... Tue Don 4
Where's Alvin? Tue baldpate 46
Debate: Marijuana - Fort Scott, KS (Aug '10) May 25 good nomma 265
what pi$$3$ me off May 24 one pump chump 1
Amber Ross aka home wrecker May 24 Jerry Springer 13
More from around the web

Fort Scott People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE