wondering

Fort Scott, KS

#1 Mar 15, 2012
I always thought that if you recieved food stamps, that you had to used them at the grocery not at Pump and Petes for fountain drinks and nachos .I have seen several people doing things and was just wondering if they are supposed to be using their vision cards food stamps for these items
Ryan

Dallas, TX

#2 Mar 15, 2012
My cousin tried to buy a loaf of bread one night at a Pump N Petes with a vision card after IGA was closed, So he wouldn't have to go to Walmart, just for bread. He was told that they don't accept them there.
shut the hell up

United States

#3 Mar 15, 2012
They just started excepted them like 3 months ago
no to rap

United States

#4 Mar 27, 2012
food stamps should be allowed only for generic food, not name brand and at grocery stores only. I saw a lady last year buying probably $100 worth of valentine day candy at WM with the "vision card". But then again, they waste the money it just means less food for for them. Lots of fraud too, hope the state cracks down on it.

“Out of the Darkness that is FS”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5 Mar 27, 2012
Congress is working on making the food stamp program like the WIC program which would limit what foods they are able to purchase. Let your Congress person at the state level know you support this.
not on a side

Fort Scott, KS

#6 Apr 3, 2012
OK! FYI you cannot buy nachos on vision card, they are considered "hot". And big deal if someone bought candy. Why do you stand in line watching people use their cards? Are you sholder surfing for Credit Card pin numbers? Leave people alone dang!
ItsOurBusiness

Fort Scott, KS

#7 Apr 3, 2012
not on a side wrote:
OK! FYI you cannot buy nachos on vision card, they are considered "hot". And big deal if someone bought candy. Why do you stand in line watching people use their cards? Are you sholder surfing for Credit Card pin numbers? Leave people alone dang!
It is a big deal, I work two jobs to make ends meet, then when I am waiting in line for some white trash to buy their $500 worth of high end food they whip out their vision card. These people are nothing but a drain on society and good honest people in general. I have a big problem with these morons buying $100 worth of candy with my tax dollars. They quit using Food Stamps and switched to the Vision Card because some liberal ass wipe politician thought it was embarrassing for them to use the paper food stamps. I think it all needs reformed and needs to be made as embarrassing as possible so they will get off of welfare. I think when they swipe that vision card a giant sign should light up and flash "Welfare", a loud bell rings and balloons fall from the ceiling. Then maybe the lazy ass idiots might want to get off of it. Honestly it needs to go back to the way it was in the 70s and 80s, go to a distribution center and pick up your food for the month, Milk, Bread, Cheese, Peanut Butter, Hamburger and the basics. How can you justify spending our tax dollars so some fat ass lowlife can buy $100 worth of candy for her fat little kids. I sit and watch these pieces of shite buy carts full of the most expensive foods in the store all while I sit there knowing that I work so they don't have to, and try and figure out how to stretch my food budget to feed my family. I watch these obese people with handicap tags on their cars and think to myself, when did being a lard ass become a handicap. I can't stand these Fat, Stank, Nasty, Lazy, Loud Mouthed, Worthless, 12 Candy Bar Eating, scumbags! Welfare has become so ridiculous it has got to be fixed, I say that unless your are in a wheelchair your fat ass should be out clean the parks or streets if you want a check, these people are a huge drain on our Country and the biggest (No Pun Intended) reason we are so far in debt as a nation. Welfare most certainly has its place in our day and age, but it needs controlled and the people who need it should get it and not ones who are 3rd or 4th generation lazy dirtbags. So next time you see that scumbag in front of you buying KC Strips and Shrimp for a cookout with a Vision Card, tell them "Your Welcome" even though they wont tell you thanks for buying my dinner! Maybe you will get lucky and they will go over their limit and you can witness them pull out a stack of $100 bills to pay the difference. As for you "Not on a Side" your welcome!
Food Stamps Suck

Fort Scott, KS

#8 Apr 3, 2012
Welfare People Suck! That is all!
wow

United States

#9 Apr 3, 2012
ItsOurBusiness wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a big deal, I work two jobs to make ends meet, then when I am waiting in line for some white trash to buy their $500 worth of high end food they whip out their vision card. These people are nothing but a drain on society and good honest people in general. I have a big problem with these morons buying $100 worth of candy with my tax dollars. They quit using Food Stamps and switched to the Vision Card because some liberal ass wipe politician thought it was embarrassing for them to use the paper food stamps. I think it all needs reformed and needs to be made as embarrassing as possible so they will get off of welfare. I think when they swipe that vision card a giant sign should light up and flash "Welfare", a loud bell rings and balloons fall from the ceiling. Then maybe the lazy ass idiots might want to get off of it. Honestly it needs to go back to the way it was in the 70s and 80s, go to a distribution center and pick up your food for the month, Milk, Bread, Cheese, Peanut Butter, Hamburger and the basics. How can you justify spending our tax dollars so some fat ass lowlife can buy $100 worth of candy for her fat little kids. I sit and watch these pieces of shite buy carts full of the most expensive foods in the store all while I sit there knowing that I work so they don't have to, and try and figure out how to stretch my food budget to feed my family. I watch these obese people with handicap tags on their cars and think to myself, when did being a lard ass become a handicap. I can't stand these Fat, Stank, Nasty, Lazy, Loud Mouthed, Worthless, 12 Candy Bar Eating, scumbags! Welfare has become so ridiculous it has got to be fixed, I say that unless your are in a wheelchair your fat ass should be out clean the parks or streets if you want a check, these people are a huge drain on our Country and the biggest (No Pun Intended) reason we are so far in debt as a nation. Welfare most certainly has its place in our day and age, but it needs controlled and the people who need it should get it and not ones who are 3rd or 4th generation lazy dirtbags. So next time you see that scumbag in front of you buying KC Strips and Shrimp for a cookout with a Vision Card, tell them "Your Welcome" even though they wont tell you thanks for buying my dinner! Maybe you will get lucky and they will go over their limit and you can witness them pull out a stack of $100 bills to pay the difference. As for you "Not on a Side" your welcome!
AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE
Bump That

Fort Scott, KS

#10 Apr 3, 2012
ItsOurBusiness wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a big deal, I work two jobs to make ends meet, then when I am waiting in line for some white trash to buy their $500 worth of high end food they whip out their vision card. These people are nothing but a drain on society and good honest people in general. I have a big problem with these morons buying $100 worth of candy with my tax dollars. They quit using Food Stamps and switched to the Vision Card because some liberal ass wipe politician thought it was embarrassing for them to use the paper food stamps. I think it all needs reformed and needs to be made as embarrassing as possible so they will get off of welfare. I think when they swipe that vision card a giant sign should light up and flash "Welfare", a loud bell rings and balloons fall from the ceiling. Then maybe the lazy ass idiots might want to get off of it. Honestly it needs to go back to the way it was in the 70s and 80s, go to a distribution center and pick up your food for the month, Milk, Bread, Cheese, Peanut Butter, Hamburger and the basics. How can you justify spending our tax dollars so some fat ass lowlife can buy $100 worth of candy for her fat little kids. I sit and watch these pieces of shite buy carts full of the most expensive foods in the store all while I sit there knowing that I work so they don't have to, and try and figure out how to stretch my food budget to feed my family. I watch these obese people with handicap tags on their cars and think to myself, when did being a lard ass become a handicap. I can't stand these Fat, Stank, Nasty, Lazy, Loud Mouthed, Worthless, 12 Candy Bar Eating, scumbags! Welfare has become so ridiculous it has got to be fixed, I say that unless your are in a wheelchair your fat ass should be out clean the parks or streets if you want a check, these people are a huge drain on our Country and the biggest (No Pun Intended) reason we are so far in debt as a nation. Welfare most certainly has its place in our day and age, but it needs controlled and the people who need it should get it and not ones who are 3rd or 4th generation lazy dirtbags. So next time you see that scumbag in front of you buying KC Strips and Shrimp for a cookout with a Vision Card, tell them "Your Welcome" even though they wont tell you thanks for buying my dinner! Maybe you will get lucky and they will go over their limit and you can witness them pull out a stack of $100 bills to pay the difference. As for you "Not on a Side" your welcome!
I could not have said it better myself!
wow

Wichita, KS

#11 Apr 4, 2012
AGREE AGREE, Im soooo sorry! I promise I will look for a job!:(
Right on

Fort Scott, KS

#12 Apr 4, 2012
These mothers that take college computer classes on line at home just to get food stamps. I can name several one is Regina Cagle Cunningan what ever it is now. As many years she has taking classes on line she should have a career but no she want to stay on her food stamps to lazy to get out and get a JOB. Frank Miller's wife too. They are both dirty. Use some of them food stamps and get some soap. Oh no they just want to stay on food stamps and have more kids and then more food stamps. Our tax money also pay for their kids sitters while they do nothing but in front of the computer at home. Be like everyone else get a job go to night classes or do your classes after a job.
Whatever

Tulsa, OK

#13 Apr 5, 2012
Ignorance. If you're going to bash others, do so with your facts correct. It amazes me that you are so shallow and lack so much respect, that you actually get down on someone who is going back to school. How pathetic are you. Also, Reginas children do not go to daycare. Since she does take classes online, at home, the youngest stays home with her. The others are in school.
sad for you

United States

#14 Apr 6, 2012
You really shouldn't make those kinds of judgements. I have worked since I was 16 and paid plenty of money into the system. At 27 I found myself divorced with 2 kids and no child support. I make enough money to pay my bills (only extra I have is my cell phone) I don't have any extra to buy food or gas to get to work. I finally got food stamps about a year ago, and I don't get much cause they say I make too much money. I work 40 hours a week and go to school full time and attend all my childrens functions. I have bought my kids valentines candy with my foodstamps, god forbid I give my children something special just because people like you are offended. The 100 dollars you say she spent was probably more like 40 and maybe she was buying for her kids class party, that's the only way she could get something for her kids to take! You need to check yourself, one day you may wind up in a situation where you need help and with that attitude you probably will be up s***t creek without a paddle.....ohhh and neither of my children are fat and lazy...and I do buy iron kids bread not best choice, why? Because I work as hard or harder than yoi do and I deserve it!
oh no you didnt

Columbia, MO

#15 Apr 7, 2012
sad for you if you didn't get food stamps would you buy iron kids bread what would you have bought your kids for V day I am on food stamps cause of losing my job due to illness but am back to work and during the 3 mos on food stamps I mainly bought canned goods boxed items and lots of them stocked up and now until things get better as they are I'll be okat assistance is okay if you use it wisely
WTF

Fort Scott, KS

#16 Apr 8, 2012
My husband and I both work! We have 3 kids NONE of them are overweight, and we get foodstamps. I do not buy candy or steak and shrimp. I get the stuff we need. I too have seen some people spend alot of vision card money on candy and snacks. It made me angry because we work for ours and they don't work. I cannot afford to spend all the money on crap! When my kids do get a candybar we pay for it on our payday from working not CASH ASSISTANCE! We have not ever gotten cash. Some people need the foodstamps to get by where some people live off the card (Cash, Food, Child care with no job) and they give those of us that need it a bad name!
to WTF

Overland Park, KS

#17 Apr 9, 2012
I am single have 4 kids work full time @ 10.00 an hour supposedely make too much for food stamps get no other support 2 kids belong to my low life brother kids mother pays nothing but some how we get by I do extra work on the side when I can so if you and your husband both work it must be piss poor jobs but at least you both work I was just raised to work hard and know how to make my money stretch for clothes fun times etc etc it is hard but all the kids are happy and don't complain bout not gettting alot all I have to say is thank god for thrift stores and Garage sells and that I am raising 4 very carings kids ages 4 8, 8, and 10
bystander

United States

#18 Apr 11, 2012
ItsOurBusiness wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a big deal, I work two jobs to make ends meet, then when I am waiting in line for some white trash to buy their $500 worth of high end food they whip out their vision card..... As for you "Not on a Side" your welcome!


Wow! I agree with most of what you said. Obviously some people need the help and that is fine, but why not put a limit on it. Once you reach that limit, say 6 months, it's gone for 5 years. You need it again in 5 years fine, here is another 6 months, then BAM, gone for 5 years. Also, if it isn't the store brand, you can't purchase it. No Jolly Green Giant, Libby's, Nabisco. You get store brand crap only! If Ramen soup is good enough for me, then you don't need Campbell's.

I work, too and while we're on the whole work thing, why are there so many men sitting on their lazy a$$es while their women are out working? WTH is all that about?
STATE FRAUD INVESTIGATION

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Oct 29, 2012
EBT / SNAP / Food Stamp purchases are not to be made for items that are for immediate consumption. If you see a store who is allowing individuals to do this then you need to report them. If you see individuals who are doing this then you need to report them.

Please provide as much detail as possible ie., names, dates of times of purchase, locations of purchase, etc.,

1-800-403-0864
Select option 1 and then option 8. When prompted enter your ZIP code
GoP

Wichita, KS

#20 Oct 29, 2012
I think it was all tea-baggers trying to give us welfare people a bad name, vote early and often, LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Scott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Samuel Robinson 5 hr Sam 3
Accident at Valu Sun Don 5
Dollar General Employees Aug 26 Arnold 18
Things you should know Aug 26 OldTimer 2
Jeff gourd Aug 24 D-O-A 3
if I call the popo... Aug 21 snitchsdie 3
Broadway patrol Aug 21 Walking long dist... 1

Fort Scott Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Scott Mortgages