G.I. Tells of Ordering Execution of Unarmed Iraqi

Feb 9, 2008 Full story: www.nytimes.com 741
A top Army sniper testified Friday in a military court that he had ordered a subordinate to kill an unarmed Iraqi man who wandered into their hiding position near Iskandariya, then planted an AK-47 rifle near the body to support his false report about the shooting. Full Story
First Prev
of 38
Next Last
Peace 4 All

Beirut, Lebanon

#788 Mar 18, 2008
sorry 4 the late reply, i replied to u already but it didnt post for some reason :$

the bombings in leb are caused by Syria, ever since we kicked them out of the country all our anti-syrian ministers started getting assassinated (most of the time with bombs since all our anti-syrian ministers have heavily armed body guards with them at all times, its dangerous 2 oppose our neighbor)...

Hezbollah doesnt use an violence towards the lebanese people, they dont care if the lebanese in question is christian or sunni for that matter.
the reason Hez is so popular these days is because they fight in a "civilized" way and they help the needy. the build schools and hospitals and during the 2006 war, they gave all the people who had lost their homes very generous compensations...

bombs arent that frequent, its not like the people themselves are targeted, its mostly the ministers but also anti-syrian journalists and TV reporters have been targeted. the son of the owner of Al-Nahar (translates to "the daily", a newspaper) was stopped in the middle of the street and gunned down with an AK. the TV presenter May Chidiac had a bomb placed under her car but she survived since the Range Rover offered good protection, she did lose a leg and an arm though...

lebanon really isnt a dangerous place, me n my friends always go out 2 the malls or to clubs just like anyone else in the world. lebanon is modern, its not that different to the US or Australia ( i would know, i lived in Aus and im a US citizen :P)...

there arent terrorist groups operating in the country that offer any threat.. Al Qaeda tries to attack but they always get beaten back by Hezbollah... they did succeed in placing road side bombs 2 kill UNIFIL soldiers in the south but they only successfully did it once...

Lebanon's south is the poor area, its the stuff u see on tv, women wearing the black robes, small houses and poverty... but the rest of the country is modernised, women higher up dont cover up, they wear make up and dress in revealing outfits, teens get drunk and party, kids go to the movies or amusement parks... its exactly like anywhere else! the banks here even offer loans to women who want to get plastic surgery since there has been a huge increase of boob jobs and botox injections...

but as for the yahoos stirring the pot, not much... there are usually protests that turn violent but they arent usually lebanese...
for example, when the danish cartoon drawing of the prophet (with bomb in his turban) in denmark was released, the danish embassy was attacked and burned here... most of the people arrested however where syrian, and the lebanese who where arrested, who happened to be part of the "extremely lower class" admitted that they where getting paid to riot...

lebanese in general just want to live peacefully but our neighbors dont, they want us to fight israel for them, but the people are tired, we dont want another civil war...

sadly, the government is all f*d up... we havent had a president since november, they have agreed on the president, they just cant agree on how power should be shared, u gotta remember, we have to please the major religious sects (Shia, Sunni), christians have the most power which is a problem to those who want an equal say in the gov.

im just lookin forward to finally spending summer in this country! ive only been here for 2yrs, but in 2006 war broke out and we where evacuated to cyprus (thanx 2 dad's connections :P), and last year i had to deal with summer examinations and S.A.Ts so didnt get much time off...
i hope nuthin happens this yr coz i really wanna enjoy sittin on the soft sand workin on my tan :P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 38
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort-Richardson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4-year-old dies in blaze (Feb '08) Jan '14 Ashlee 5
Debate: Marijuana - Fort-Richardson, AK (Jan '12) Jan '14 jeme 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Alaska (Di... (Oct '10) Apr '13 gee 6
AK Who do you support for Governor in Alaska in 2010? (Oct '10) Feb '13 Nope 24
high laboratory grade research chemicals availa... (Mar '12) Mar '12 wung74 1
Debate: Immigrant Amnesty - Fort-Richardson, AK (Jan '12) Feb '12 GUESSWHO 3
Debate: Civil Unions - Fort-Richardson, AK (Jan '12) Jan '12 Dell 2
•••
•••
•••