G.I. Tells of Ordering Execution of Unarmed Iraqi

Feb 9, 2008 | Posted by: Iria | Full story: www.nytimes.com

A top Army sniper testified Friday in a military court that he had ordered a subordinate to kill an unarmed Iraqi man who wandered into their hiding position near Iskandariya, then planted an AK-47 rifle near the body to support his false report about the shooting.

Comments (Page 37)

Showing posts 721 - 740 of741
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Harley Davidson

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Go soak your head in buttermilk.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Peace 4 All wrote:
<quoted text>
lol funny u say that since chinese are actually very smart and can find Iraq on a map!
there are tons of vids on the net where random ppl of the street are asked 2 find Iraq on the map, some pointed 2 Australia!
americans dont have any culture, they only learn abt their OWN history, which is why they believe they are above everyone else!
the americans where told to hate the native Indians, then the blacks then the Vietnamese n now Arabs, n surprisingly they still believe everything their government says!
then theres the "savages" comment, some nutjobs torture the "infidels", but same thing happened in Abu Ghraib prison! only difference is that the Iraqis dont rape 13yr old girls...
beheading doesnt only happen in Iraq, in south america and east asia there have been numerous beheadings!
as for the religious comment, most americans are way more religious than muslims! if u visit a "hik" town n say "satan rules" or "jesus sucks" im pretty sure u'll get shot! the hosts of Top Gear where attacked just coz they wrote "country sucks, vote for hilary and im bisexual" on their cars!
the only reason ppl hate the arabs right now is because they are told to! the arabs havent done anything that other nations havent done first and yet we still get blamed and insulted!
im not supporting wat the arabs do, i think its freakin stupid but the fact that the west sees all arabs as terrorists is ridiculous! 90% of arabs dont share the views of the radical islamists...
n i gotta say this, no we are NOT uneducated!! im proud to say that the 1st cure for cancer was found by a LEBANESE: http://www.care2.com/news/member/930284705/59...
Weeeeelllllllll, I can't argue to much on some of your points. BUT, I would like to point out that if a Baptist decides he don't want to be Baptist his fellow Baptists may hate him but the won't take him and his family out and stone them to death. Yelling Jesus sucks might get your butt beat but what would happen to you if you went out on the street in Lebanon and yelled "Mohammad was a queer"!
It is true that way too many people kill each other in the US (especially the rural south and urban north). I would like to point out that the people sneaking into are horrible country by the millions are coming here to get work, not heave missiles at Israel. AND, you shouldn't have mentioned Africa. Right now, the "arab" muslims are slaughtering many thousands of "black" muslims, after the UN came in and disarmed the black muslims. It seems that the Darfour government says it is illegal for black muslims to have guns but it is OK for the arab muslims to have guns. Well, the UN was just follow the legitimate governments laws.
We don't see all the muslims as terrorists. We do recognize that all muslims believe it is their destiny to rule the world. After all, it says so in the Koran.
Other than that, yes kettle, we are black.

“The Cat that saw you Naked”

Since: Feb 08

Ambler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Peace 4 All wrote:
<quoted text>
lol funny u say that since chinese are actually very smart and can find Iraq on a map!
there are tons of vids on the net where random ppl of the street are asked 2 find Iraq on the map, some pointed 2 Australia!
americans dont have any culture, they only learn abt their OWN history, which is why they believe they are above everyone else!
the americans where told to hate the native Indians, then the blacks then the Vietnamese n now Arabs, n surprisingly they still believe everything their government says!
then theres the "savages" comment, some nutjobs torture the "infidels", but same thing happened in Abu Ghraib prison! only difference is that the Iraqis dont rape 13yr old girls...
beheading doesnt only happen in Iraq, in south america and east asia there have been numerous beheadings!
as for the religious comment, most americans are way more religious than muslims! if u visit a "hik" town n say "satan rules" or "jesus sucks" im pretty sure u'll get shot! the hosts of Top Gear where attacked just coz they wrote "country sucks, vote for hilary and im bisexual" on their cars!
the only reason ppl hate the arabs right now is because they are told to! the arabs havent done anything that other nations havent done first and yet we still get blamed and insulted!
im not supporting wat the arabs do, i think its freakin stupid but the fact that the west sees all arabs as terrorists is ridiculous! 90% of arabs dont share the views of the radical islamists...
n i gotta say this, no we are NOT uneducated!! im proud to say that the 1st cure for cancer was found by a LEBANESE: http://www.care2.com/news/member/930284705/59...
Good job on the post, but you left out one of ameriKKKas most notorious terrorist groups the ku klux klan. This group of anglo-ameriKKKans attacked Blacks Jews and Italians. Anyone pretty much was fair game and the police allowed this to happen and in some cases the police were members of this terrorist organization.

As for Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City bombing. Certain anglo-ameriKKKans went on a rampage attacking innocent American Muslims who had nothing to do with it.
It is not like this type of behavior hasn't happened before in America. So this country and its sheeple need not thumb their noses at the rest of the world.
Moiz Qidwai

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Our actions in Iraq paralleled early Nazi Germany with frightening Similarity.
Blake, I have argued and called you names (sorry)
and we disagree on some key points but I always try to recognize when someone is right.
We were not done in Afghanistan when we opened a second front.(think England and Russia). We were flush with victory disease (the easy German victories in Poland and France) We trumped up some WMD (it was easy for me to buy into that one, we knew that Saddam already had some) threw in a few terrorists and viola, we had another country that we need to invade "for our safety". Does anyone remember the SS and the "radio station that was "invaded" by the Poles.
Bottom line, I have enough hubris to think that democracy or republic is a much better form of government than theocracy. I wish we could have done a better job of regime change.
There is only one thing worse than an American bent on your destruction. That is the American with good intentions. Avoid the first, re direct the latter. Ever since world war 2, we have butting our noses in other peoples business. This may have been a good thing. The world has not needed us to bail them out for 63 years. We were mostly isolationist in ww1 and before ww2. Then the Europeans made a big mess of things. Lets hope the middle east and south America do a better job.
I have only one thing to add to your very well worded postings. You have overlooked the influence of Zionists and Jews in forming you foreign policy.

I think you do yourself self praise by saying that for 63 years you have been solving world’s problems. In think in every thing you did, the benefit of USA was always in the background. It resulted in boosting American economy and finding new markets for its product. From the position of strength, you always arm twisted small nations to gain advantage for USA and its economy.

So all these jobs were not done as a sort of humanitarian jobs.

Then your Middle Eastern policy is totally lopsided. It was displayed in you handling of Iraq, before war , during war, and after war.

What is more, you have not learned any lesson from Iraq and many politicians and media are trying to hype up Iraq Issue. In what way US security is endangered if Iran gets nuclear weapons? India has them, Pakistan has them, Israel has them, so what if Iran has them?

This one sided view of world affairs (seeing from the Zionists eyes), will lead US into more trouble in times to come. You have your own system of Government and customs, why you want, whole world to imitate it?

So I think a more balanced approach should do a lot of good to USA and its citizens, than jumping into every affair.
Moiz Qidwai

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Blake_AFVET wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with that would be the lack of accountability and the fact that these anglo-ameriKKKans will never admit to fault in this debacle in Iraq. Their rallying cry is forget about it, as in the victims of their crimes of greed/lust for wealth and power.
The denial that exists here in ameriKKKa is astounding. You can place facts in the face of these fools and they will spin it so that the victim is either deserving of this action or has committed the crime himself or herself. I see it everyday on these boards, the venomous of their retorts when confronted with the truth or an opinion that differs from theirs.
But you are right about the foolishness of the ameriKKKan sheeple. They knew or should have known that Iraq had nothing to do with any of the lies told to start this illegal act of aggression and genocide in Iraq.
But you still have those nutcases that will deny and manufacture lies to support their ignoble beliefs that ameriKKKa is doing the right thing. The problem is that America will never do the right thing when it come to impeaching these terrorist in the wh0rehouse 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC. I would love to see the shrub and its ilk doing long time making little rocks out of big rocks.
Alas, we will never get that satisfaction. The ameriKKKan sheeple would never admit that a white commander and thief would ever commit such an act. Unless they are a "Liberal Democrat", whose only offense is lying about an extra-marital affair. Then these self-righteous so-called christian will scream out as if this act of infidelity is equal to or greater than the crimes committed by heir shrub and company.
You are right my dear brother. The President of USA must have been prosecuted and tried in a court of law for leading the country to an illegal war.

What is more, he should have been tried in a court of law, for bungling the country of Iraq after the fall of Saddam.

But what really happened, that he was awarded by getting re-elected for another term!! This is a total miscarriage of justice.

The reason is not white people, the real reason is the US media (newspaper, TV and Films), which is in form control of Zionists and Jews. They direct US and its policies to whichever direction they like.

The average American (black, white, Latino or Asian) is equally helpless before this powerful media. Unless action is taken to break this monopoly of a small minority on such an important national organ, there is really no chance to stop such type of genocides in future.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Blake_AFVET wrote:
<quoted text>I want to check it out myself. Where did you see the article.
Blake
\On Msn a few days ago, don't know if it ther anymore. sorrry I didn't include the link
Jim

Ambler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

patriot55 wrote:
<quoted text>\On Msn a few days ago, don't know if it ther anymore. sorrry I didn't include the link
Jim
Thanks Jim, I will check to see if it is still there.

Blake

Ambler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

Moiz Qidwai wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right my dear brother. The President of USA must have been prosecuted and tried in a court of law for leading the country to an illegal war.
What is more, he should have been tried in a court of law, for bungling the country of Iraq after the fall of Saddam.
But what really happened, that he was awarded by getting re-elected for another term!! This is a total miscarriage of justice.
The reason is not white people, the real reason is the US media (newspaper, TV and Films), which is in form control of Zionists and Jews. They direct US and its policies to whichever direction they like.
The average American (black, white, Latino or Asian) is equally helpless before this powerful media. Unless action is taken to break this monopoly of a small minority on such an important national organ, there is really no chance to stop such type of genocides in future.
Trust me I understand that most Americans do not approve of the shrub period. But when I refer to anglo-ameriKKKans, I am referring to a peticular breed of misfits with the brain capacity of a dinosaur (pea size). With the compassion of a man eating shark. They are the ilk which brings down the entire country and the main backers of the shrubs regime of terror.

We can only hope that this il-bred vermin will eventually die out and the World will become a better place when this happens. Hopefully this next election will change the direction that has been set by the shrub. Take care my Brother.

Peace be with you.

Blake

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

Moiz Qidwai wrote:
<quoted text>
I have only one thing to add to your very well worded postings. You have overlooked the influence of Zionists and Jews in forming you foreign policy.
I think you do yourself self praise by saying that for 63 years you have been solving world’s problems. In think in every thing you did, the benefit of USA was always in the background. It resulted in boosting American economy and finding new markets for its product. From the position of strength, you always arm twisted small nations to gain advantage for USA and its economy.
So all these jobs were not done as a sort of humanitarian jobs.
Then your Middle Eastern policy is totally lopsided. It was displayed in you handling of Iraq, before war , during war, and after war.
What is more, you have not learned any lesson from Iraq and many politicians and media are trying to hype up Iraq Issue. In what way US security is endangered if Iran gets nuclear weapons? India has them, Pakistan has them, Israel has them, so what if Iran has them?
This one sided view of world affairs (seeing from the Zionists eyes), will lead US into more trouble in times to come. You have your own system of Government and customs, why you want, whole world to imitate it?
So I think a more balanced approach should do a lot of good to USA and its citizens, than jumping into every affair.
When it comes to the US interfering in other peoples affairs, it is hard to argue with you.

It is true that some of our news is filtered, and that recently there have been more efforts by our government to increase interference with our "free press".

I would like to ask you though, what do you think of the many rabid thugs who have hijacked your religion and used Allah's name to perpetrate so many atrocities?

Regarding Jews, I have little knowledge of their shenanigans. I do know that historically, in this country, they were also persecuted, and at times still are (usually by Black Muslims).

Now, having said that, I cannot resist!!!

What is the difference between Karate and Judo??

Karate is a Martial Art.

..........Judo, that's what they make bagels from.

Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

Blake_AFVET wrote:
<quoted text>
Good job on the post, but you left out one of ameriKKKas most notorious terrorist groups the ku klux klan. This group of anglo-ameriKKKans attacked Blacks Jews and Italians. Anyone pretty much was fair game and the police allowed this to happen and in some cases the police were members of this terrorist organization.
As for Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City bombing. Certain anglo-ameriKKKans went on a rampage attacking innocent American Muslims who had nothing to do with it.
It is not like this type of behavior hasn't happened before in America. So this country and its sheeple need not thumb their noses at the rest of the world.
The KKK was another group that used violence to maintain a grip on power. They "cloaked" themselves (pun intended) in "Christian Attire" and said they were doing God's work. They killed black people with impunity. The average white folk pretty much knew what was going on but looked the other way (think Nazi Germany and the Holocaust).

I would like to point out that beginning in the 50's, building momentum in the 60's, black folks began asserting themselves and getting the rights that already belonged to them. What was really cool was a large number of white folks that got involved with civil rights. Heck, white and black folks were getting killed by the Klan.

I grew up in the 50's and 60's, and was fortunate that my parents had no "active" racism. The only black guy in our neighborhood was a hard worker. In my Dad's book, that was the only thing that counted. Of course, if I had brought a black girl home from a date my mother would have been aghast.
One thing that I noticed is that when black folks and white folks had a kid, the children tend to be beautiful.

Anyway, the rabid power hungry thugs that have usurped Islam and are killing in Allah's name are to me the Klan of the middle east.

Blake, when do you think the decent Muslims will stand up to them? Let's hope it doesn't take a hundred years like it did here in the states.
Moiz Qidwai

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

Blake_AFVET wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me I understand that most Americans do not approve of the shrub period. But when I refer to anglo-ameriKKKans, I am referring to a peticular breed of misfits with the brain capacity of a dinosaur (pea size). With the compassion of a man eating shark. They are the ilk which brings down the entire country and the main backers of the shrubs regime of terror.
We can only hope that this il-bred vermin will eventually die out and the World will become a better place when this happens. Hopefully this next election will change the direction that has been set by the shrub. Take care my Brother.
Peace be with you.
Blake
Thanks for your post.

There is a small group in America which has taken the whole nation hostage, it is they that direct US policy in every major issue. They control Media, Newspaper and Films. They are able to brainwash most Americans with their propaganda.

The mere change of Government from Republic to Democrat or vice versa will not make any material change. Because both the Presidential candidates are in their pocket. That is the state of their control over US presidential election. No Candidate dare say or think a word against them.

I hope the US gets itself free from these clutches and becomes a real “Free” country.

Till that time we have to wait…

Peace be with you too.
Moiz Qidwai

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to the US interfering in other peoples affairs, it is hard to argue with you.
It is true that some of our news is filtered, and that recently there have been more efforts by our government to increase interference with our "free press".
I would like to ask you though, what do you think of the many rabid thugs who have hijacked your religion and used Allah's name to perpetrate so many atrocities?
Regarding Jews, I have little knowledge of their shenanigans. I do know that historically, in this country, they were also persecuted, and at times still are (usually by Black Muslims).
Now, having said that, I cannot resist!!!
What is the difference between Karate and Judo??
Karate is a Martial Art.
..........Judo, that's what they make bagels from.
Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.
Thanks once again for your honest post. I think it is USA ‘a interference in other nations that has lead to the hijacking of Islam by few radical elements.

Hatred against USA gets these people the sympathies of the masses.

At least you have accepted the fact that your news might be filtered and the government is trying to rope in “Free press’. If you investigate carefully, you will find that all major Newspaper chains, Magazine chains and News Channels and Films and entertainment channels are in control of a small minority group.

I will not name it, otherwise my fate could be like that of “Grandson of MK Gandhi”. How could a small minority has so much control of any country’s media is itself a mystery. Just imagine what would be general reaction, if these medias were in control of say Blacks, or Hispanics or Asians?

All Jews are not bad, there is a group amongst them, who are called Zionists, These Zionists with the help of certain Church Denominations are at the back of Anti Islamic propaganda.

Judo and Karate could look similar, but I think one originated from China and other from Japan, or was it other way round?
Peace 4 All

Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2008

ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to point out that if a Baptist decides he don't want to be Baptist his fellow Baptists may hate him but the won't take him and his family out and stone them to death. Yelling Jesus sucks might get ur butt beat but what would happen to u if u went out on the street in Lebanon and yelled "Mohammad was a queer"!
It is true that way too many people kill each other in the US (especially the rural south and urban north). I would like to point out that the people sneaking into are horrible country by the millions are coming here to get work, not heave missiles at Israel. AND, u shouldn't have mentioned Africa. Right now, the "arab" muslims are slaughtering many thousands of "black" muslims, after the UN came in and disarmed the black muslims. It seems that the Darfour government says it is illegal for black muslims to have guns but it is OK for the arab muslims to have guns. Well, the UN was...
1st of all not all muslims do that, u are talking about a real minority who stone their family members to death, that usually happens in Afghanistan since a lot of them are followers of the Taliban...
2nd, if u yell Mohammed is a queer u wont get killed, worst thing is u get beaten up, this isnt Baghdad, but im VERY CERTAIN u will get shot if u say Jesus is queer in a HIK town!
3rd, the people going to the US believe that they'll have a better life in the worlds richest and most powerful country, n unfortunately they end up being disappointed once they find that their new home has some of the worst health care and education levels in the modern world.
4th, most people in palestine have grown up in slums, most are unemployed and angry, radical islamists take advantage of their condition, they tell them lies, offer them support if they fight, most will pick up arms...
wouldnt u be angry if the US was invaded by Canada (very unlikely i know) and they made all the US citizens live in the state of texas, cut out all ur electricity, occasionally stops food/water/medicine from entering and routinely does air strikes just coz some lunatic fired a rocket into their new land, destroying a tree? Im sure the normally docile Americans would just accept their new home n lay down their arms… if ppl send bomb packages in the mail n kill others for fun then wat do u think u’ll be doing being confined to such conditions?
the whole population is getting punished just because of a few individuals.
people there either live on the streets or with 50 others in a house the size of ur kitchen!
Wat do u mean arab muslims in Africa? Arab is the name given to ppl in the middle east…
and lastly; u might not recognize all muslims as terrorists but most people do... unless people come and visit the places themselves then they should shut up, i know that not all people are stupid enough to believe everything their gov tells em and HAVE decided to come. there are a LOT of americans and foreigners here, contrary to wat the media tells u.. they are quite happy in fact. its not violent here, the only problems we get are with the southerners but the whole middle to north areas are just like any other cities. we've got radioshack, Gucci... and ppl here ARE rich! we dont live in huts! check out the cars spotted over here: www.exoleb.com
oh n just coz a book tells u to do smthn doesnt mean u will, not all muslims want world domination, they just want to live in peace with their neighbors, but sadly only the nut jobs make it on the news...
in all religions there are some stupid claims; such as the isralis taking over palestinian territory because it is their "promised land"... well “god” tells me that the state of California is mine, as well as all its cars and houses, should i go claim em?.. absolutely RIDICULOUS!

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2008

Peace 4 All wrote:
<quoted text>
1st of all not all muslims do that, u are talking about a real minority who stone their family members to death, that usually happens in Afghanistan since a lot of them are followers of the Taliban...
the whole population is getting punished just because of a few individuals.
Well, you hit the nail on the head. It is so true that a few bad apples do make the rest look bad. Especially if they are on the top of the barrel.
Let me tell you, the promised land is here in western North Carolina.
I read about the "arab" muslim and "black" muslims in a Time Magazine last year. Over here that magazine is considered critical of the Bush Regime, so they have a little more credibility than "conservative". The conservative mags are much worse, talking about the UN disarming civilians (black) so other government sponsored civilians (arab)can kill them easier.
Here is a link and an excerpt from the article.
http://www.cidcm.umd.edu/mar/assessment.asp...
The Fur, Zaghawa and Masalit have been subject to many disadvantages in Darfur. The area of Darfur also has a history of intense tribal warfare, specifically between African and Arab tribes. The Black Muslims have a history of clashing with Arab tribes over grazing lands, water holes, and the settlement of underutilized land. Conflicts between the Arabs and the tribes of the Masalit and Zaghawa began to break out in Darfur in the mid 1990s (the first between the Arabs and Zaghawa in 1994, and the Masalit in 1996). Conflicts between the Fur tribe and Arabs date back to the early 1980s (starting in 1981) and have continued sporadically up until present times. In 2003 two rebel groups from Darfur – the Justice and Equality Movement (JEM) and the Sudanese Liberation Army (SLA)– accused the Sudanese government of oppressing black Africans in Darfur, while promoting Arabs in the region. The government at first denied any sort of rebellion but eventually responded with attacks on Black Muslim civilians orchestrated by Arab militias, called Janjaweed. It is important to note that the attacks have targeted civilian communities that share the same ethnicity as t rebel groups, but not necessarily involved in rebellion. The attacks by the Janjaweed have consisted of mass killings, looting, burning villages, and the raping of women of Fur, Zaghawa and Masalit tribes. The Sudanese military has often aided the Janjaweed with the attacks on the black Muslims, even though the government denies any involvement in the killings. Because of the attacks an estimated 300,000 Black Muslims have been killed, and more than 1.5 million have been displaced from their homes and forced to flee to neighboring areas such as Chad (DMEVIC03-04 , DMEMPO03-04 = 3). The United States government described the situation in Darfur as genocide in 2004.
Basically, a lot of conservatives fear the UN, either as a useless drain of resources or as tools for repressive governments.
One thin I have noticed about ALL humans that happen to be in power. When a few people (terrorists, freedom fighters, insurgents, rebels, etc), are causing problems for the folks in power, they tend to take it out on the locals. The people that had nothing to do with it. Of course, the power folks blame the locals and excuse any atrocities by saying the locals were helping the rebels/terrorists. The rebels/terrorists punish any locals that speak out against them or that speak to the power folks. Add to that a few individuals in both crowds that just LIKE TO HURT PEOPLE, ANY PEOPLE.
What's a leader to do?
Wouldn't it be nice if Allah or God or The Great Pumpkin would just come along every few years and take those evil wastes of oxygen on a long journey.
In the meantime, what a local to do?

Ambler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2008

ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
The KKK was another group that used violence to maintain a grip on power. They "cloaked" themselves (pun intended) in "Christian Attire" and said they were doing God's work. They killed black people with impunity. The average white folk pretty much knew what was going on but looked the other way (think Nazi Germany and the Holocaust).
I would like to point out that beginning in the 50's, building momentum in the 60's, black folks began asserting themselves and getting the rights that already belonged to them. What was really cool was a large number of white folks that got involved with civil rights. Heck, white and black folks were getting killed by the Klan.
I grew up in the 50's and 60's, and was fortunate that my parents had no "active" racism. The only black guy in our neighborhood was a hard worker. In my Dad's book, that was the only thing that counted. Of course, if I had brought a black girl home from a date my mother would have been aghast.
One thing that I noticed is that when black folks and white folks had a kid, the children tend to be beautiful.
Anyway, the rabid power hungry thugs that have usurped Islam and are killing in Allah's name are to me the Klan of the middle east.
Blake, when do you think the decent Muslims will stand up to them? Let's hope it doesn't take a hundred years like it did here in the states.
Exactly and I read about a Mother from I think Detroit, who was killed by the klan for her involvement in the civil rights movement. This woman lost her life to Racism and Bigotry. Her only crime was compassion and a desire to help those less fortunate. The three civil rights workers who died and inspired the movie/book Mississippi Burning were two White Males and one Black Male.

I was born in the fifties and grew up in the sixties. Many White Americans marched with Martin Luther King and the N.A.A.C.P. stands for White People also since, White people are not transparent. Well some are, but not all.

There are plenty of Muslim opposed the violence, but this fiasco could have been avoided. It is hard to stop a tidal wave once it has generated enough force. The shrub and it ilk caused this crisis in Iraq and unleashed the hounds of war with that ill-advised invasion of Iraq. Saddam Hussein at least kept the likes of Al Qaeda out of Iraq. The shrub opened the flood gates to allow them in.

Also you must look at Americas foriegn policies which has bred the extreme hatred felt toward this country. If you want to look at extremist, just take a look at the revenge America sought after the 9/11 Blow Back. These ameriKKKan sheeple wanted blood and the shrub handed them the Muslim Faith to hate. Least we forget the this idiot supreme stated that America was attacked because of a supposed hatred of our freedom. Our freedom had nothing whatsoever to do with the 9/11 attack. Yet a certain portion of ameriKKKa bit into this bushcrap hook/line & sinker.

How can one point at the Muslim World for protecting their own, when ameriKKKa went off half-cocked and recklessly attacked Iraq. Iraq did not attack America and neither did the Muslim Religion. People fed up with ameriKKKas bushcrap are the ones who attacked America.

Blaming an entire culture/ethnic background or religion for the act of the few is ludicrous. That is like saying all Americans believe in the bushisms. Plus just how are decent people supposed to make a difference when all hell is breaking loose around them. The you add into the mix the fact that the shrub is trying to insert another puppet government, which the Iraqi people should reject at all cost.

I kind of equate this to an old Bugs Bunny cartoon in which Bugs said "If it's the Captains Mess. Let the Captain clean it up". The shrub and corporate ameriKKKa made this mess. So let them clean it up at their own expense.
Peace 4 All

Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2008

@ Zigmunn: 1st of all i just have 2 say ur one of the most mature people on here, you actually do read about other parts of the world and you do hear out peoples' opinions, its great to see :D

Africa has always been an extremely violent and unfair place. over there either u are "safe" or u are in real danger all because of your background/religious views.
the rise of certain groups there is entirely caused by third parties who have aided them, and in my opinion its their responsibility to help solve the situation...

the point is that we cannot look up to anyone for support, no one will honestly want to help us or the arabs out just because they feel our pain, just like no one wants to help stop famine and violence in Africa...

in the middle east u get used to being screwed over by your neighbors. the Lebanese people where screwed over by the Palestinians before war broke out... the Lebanese gave them some land to stay on after they where kicked out n they respond by picking up arms.
Lebanon use to one of the most prospering nations in the area and was nicknamed "The Switzerland and the Paris of the Middle East", even wikipedia says so :P
ever since the Palestinians came here we've had nothing but problems, just last yr they attacked our soldiers (Nahr El Bared situation)

here are a couple of points concerning Hezb:

- when Hezbollah was first created, the Lebanese asked for international aid in stopping them but where denied, apparently they weren’t a threat. the army has been asking for military aid for years but we get rejected, instead we get comments from the international community like "the Lebanese government should do everything in its power to eliminate Hezbollah", unfortunately this is quite impossible for the simple reasons taht i will explain.

1- Hezbollah is much much much more powerful than the military; it has been receiving financial backing from Syria and Iran for many years and has a weapons arsenal worth billions. They are also part of the gov, they have become 2 powerful to simply ignore.

2- Hezbollah is NOT a terrorist group as the US claims; the UN considers them a militia, which they are. They dont hijack planes, they dont use suicide bombers, instead they are trained to fight both covertly or head on, they are enemies of Al Qaeda and usually offer protection to UNIFIL soldiers in the south.
Peace 4 All

Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2008

And now here are some facts abt lebanon i just have 2 say, im tired of ppl thinking its a nation ravaged by war and that its something like Baghdad!
1st of all ppl here are rich! check out this site, it shows pics of exotic cars in the country: www.exoleb.com

- Lebanon has 18 religious communities
- It has 40 daily newspapers
- It has 42 universities
- It has over 100 banks (banks and not branches of a bank)
- 70% of the students are in private schools
- 40% of the Lebanese people are Christians
- There's 1 doctor per 10 people in Lebanon (In Europe & America, there's 1 doctor per 100 people)
- The name LEBANON appears 75 times in the Old Testament
- Beirut was destroyed and rebuilt 7 times (this is why it's compared to The Phoenix).
- Lebanon, was occupied by over 15 nations:
> >>Egyptians-Hittites-Ass yrians- Babylonians- Persians- Alexander the Great's Army- the Roman Empire- Byzantine- the Arabian Peninsula-The Crusaders- the Ottoman Empire- Britain- France- Israel- Syria.
- Byblos (city in Lebanon) is the oldest, continuously living city in the world.
- Lebanon's name has been around for 4,000 yrs non- stop (it's the oldest nation's name in the world)
- Lebanon is the only Middle Eastern country that doesn't have a desert.
- The first alphabet was created in Byblos
- The only remaining temple of Jupiter (the Roman god) is in Baalbeck, Lebanon
- According to Christianity Jesus Christ made his 1st miracle in Lebanon, in Sidon (turning water into wine)
- The Phoenicians (Original People of Lebanon) built the 1st boat, and they were the first ever to sail
- The Phoenicians reached North America BC and Punic inscriptions in Massachusetts and Iowa confirm this fact
- The 1st law school in the world was built in Lebanon, in Downtown Beirut.
- The first parliament ever to convene in the Middle East met in the city of Tripoli
- Mochus, from Sidon, wrote a work on the atomic theory.

Here is a joke made about Lebanon:
On the sixth day, God turned to the Angels and said: "Today, I am going to create a land called Lebanon, it will be a land of outstanding natural beauty. It shall have tall majestic mountains full of snow, beautiful sparkling lakes cutting forests full of all kinds of trees, high cliffs overlooking sandy beaches with an abundance of sea life."
God continued, "I shall make the land rich so to make the inhabitants prosper, I shall call these inhabitants Lebanese, and they shall be known as the most friendly people on earth." "But Lord", asked the Angels, "don't you think you are being too
generous to the Lebanese? "Not really", replied God, "just wait and see the neighbors I am going to give them!"

“Cogito Ergo Sum”

South of France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2008

Great post, "Peace 4 All".

The Lebanon is one of the 20th centuries greatest tragedies.

Here's hoping the 21st smiles on you and your nation.
Peace.
Peace 4 All

Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

thanx :D

i only hope we can finaly live in peace without any outside interference...

thank God we have France as a good ally :P

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

Hey Peace 4 All, when I first read about Lebanon and the problems being inflicted there, I equated it to Historical Poland (and in some ways, ancient Israel). You do not want to live in a country that is between warring neighbors.
I do believe that Hezbolla has a little more credibility that Al Kida, in the sense that you speak of. They do tend to go after Soldiers and Politicians.
DO you know who has been bombing the civilian buses and street corners, I had assumed that it was also Hezbolla. Do you guys have a whole bunch of yahoos just stirring the pot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 721 - 740 of741
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fort-Richardson Discussions

Search the Fort-Richardson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
4-year-old dies in blaze (Feb '08) Jan '14 Ashlee 5
Debate: Marijuana - Fort-Richardson, AK (Jan '12) Jan '14 jeme 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Alaska (Di... (Oct '10) Apr '13 gee 6
AK Who do you support for Governor in Alaska in 2010? (Oct '10) Feb '13 Nope 24
high laboratory grade research chemicals availa... (Mar '12) Mar '12 wung74 1
Debate: Immigrant Amnesty - Fort-Richardson, AK (Jan '12) Feb '12 GUESSWHO 3
Debate: Civil Unions - Fort-Richardson, AK (Jan '12) Jan '12 Dell 2
•••
•••