Since: Oct 10

The bat cave

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

Before I start, let me say that I am an animal lover and own 4 dogs two of which are rescues.... now...

I understand that the definition of "stray" means to wander from, at large or lost...... With that being said I also understand that people call the cops for literally EVERY animal that is outside of its yard.... That is not what game management is for, neither is it what the cops are for on post... So please, if your neighbor initially lets the dogs out the front door every day quit calling the cops, call Picerne, IT IS THEIR ISSUE because they are not following the post housing rules... IT becomes a POLICE ISSUE if that dog is not claimed, becomes aggressive, or gets into trash/damages property, that sort of thing.

PLEASE STOP CHASING AND CATCHING STRAY ANIMALS!!!!! The stray facility is FULL FULL FULL so all you are doing by calling the police to come pick up a dog that you suckered into coming near you long enough to get caught is starting its DEATH CLOCK... If a dog is not claimed within a certain time period IT DIES!!!!! If you want that on your mind fine.. But don't bother anyone else with it.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

You win my heart.

“I've left the site. Bye ”

The bat cave

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2011

Thanks!

It just makes me mad. People think they are doing a good thing by snatching up these animals but they really aren't. Just leave the dang things alone!!!

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2011

Maybe the person just thinks it is better to call than to let it get hit by a car. IDK

“I've left the site. Bye ”

The bat cave

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2011

Gullabeau wrote:
Maybe the person just thinks it is better to call than to let it get hit by a car. IDK
I dont want them to get hit by cars either. I also don't want them to be put to sleep at the vet clinic. But I'm tired of these "stray" dogs that get picked up with collars and id tags on them

It's a no win situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Fort-Polk Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fort-Polk People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••