New Here

Leesville, LA

#1 May 18, 2011
My family is PCS'ing here from another post and I am just curious what everyone thinks about the area? The last place I came from sucked pretty bad and I am hoping this is better?

Whats the post like? Are the MP's jerks there? I heard they got a new 911, do they have any jobs there or does it suck?
tapmcfarland

United States

#2 May 20, 2011
fort polk is not the worst nor the best place to be. there are jobs depending on what you want. the housing is some of the worst, on and off post. there is not much to do unless you are into water sports and hunting. i love the water so its not so bad. there is one walmart and thats about it. the nearest city is alexandria which is a dump when it comes to the city. make the 3 hour drive to houston. texas is much better for civilization than any place i have been in louisianna. the people in the town of leesville are extremely nice and love most military people, however i will not same the same for the people who live on post. basically what you make, it is not favorite place but i have been to far worse places in my life. hope it works out.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#3 May 24, 2011
It's not that bad if you can make friends fast. It is what you make of it for sure. You should visit Leesville topix. I am quite sure you will get some answers. Some answers are already there. Hope this helps!
New Here wrote:
My family is PCS'ing here from another post and I am just curious what everyone thinks about the area? The last place I came from sucked pretty bad and I am hoping this is better?
Whats the post like? Are the MP's jerks there? I heard they got a new 911, do they have any jobs there or does it suck?
Rick James

United States

#4 Jan 3, 2012
The area is terrible. I hope you're caucasian. Otherwise, off post activities will be uncomfortable. He's right about houston, but a three hour drive with kids, just for something to do, sucks. Hope you like going back in time. Cause thats where you're going. My advice: Run away.

Godspeed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort-Polk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vernon Parish court hands down sentences (Jan '13) Sep '16 havemercy 8
test (May '16) May '16 test 1
Did ur Car lot get stiffed by Dayton Neitzel (Feb '10) Dec '15 Brad- Former Neig... 15
News Tanks and cavalry, Louisiana Maneuvers. U.S. Ar... (Dec '11) Oct '15 Mr Charlie 38
Internet providers (Apr '15) Apr '15 Georgia girl 1
News Army drops below 500,000 soldiers on active duty (Feb '15) Feb '15 havemercy 1
Outside food vendors (Feb '15) Feb '15 Dave Irwin 1

Fort-Polk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort-Polk Mortgages