Grenade accident, basic training, Oct...

Grenade accident, basic training, Oct. 10, 1966

Posted in the Fort-Polk Forum

Larry Gattis

New Caney, TX

#1 Feb 1, 2012
Trying to document an incident on the grenade range, a grenade exploded just on the other side of my bunker throwing position. I can't get compensation without some kind of documentation and I have not been able to locate any of the people that I served with at that time. The VA says I do have a loss but without some kind of documentation I can't receive any compensation. If anyone can help, please contact me...[email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort-Polk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did ur Car lot get stiffed by Dayton Neitzel (Feb '10) Dec '15 Brad- Former Neig... 15
News Tanks and cavalry, Louisiana Maneuvers. U.S. Ar... (Dec '11) Oct '15 Mr Charlie 38
Internet providers (Apr '15) Apr '15 Georgia girl 1
News Army drops below 500,000 soldiers on active duty (Feb '15) Feb '15 havemercy 1
Outside food vendors (Feb '15) Feb '15 Dave Irwin 1
News 'Last shot' for public to show support for Fort... (Jan '15) Jan '15 tremendous 35
News Construction begins on school near Fort Polk (Aug '14) Aug '14 havemercy 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort-Polk Mortgages