Leesville and New Llano Mayors sign Mutual Endeavor Agreement

Nov 9, 2011 Full story: KPLC-TV Lake Charles 22

With the stroke of a pen, the Mayors of Leesville and New Llano today signed a Mutual Endeavor Agreement to create a joint public works venture to develop, fund and implement strategies that improve the water, sewage, street and infrastructure systems of the two neighboring communities.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tapmcfarland

Leesville, LA

#3 Nov 10, 2011
annexation is hard to fight no matter large or small scale. it is funny though about two months ago i made comments about land here and annexation and that things just did not add up. as an outsider, my comments bashed. i dont understand why things happen here they way they do, but i guess as an outsider i do see things i question. you guys do it its ok, an outsider does it better find the cloaking devise. i can guess who benefits, but i will keep that to myself
007icu

Leesville, LA

#4 Nov 11, 2011
Let me tell you about the back room deal! This is just pay back to New Llano for Boswell helping John Smith and Rose. This is so that New Llano get put the sewer lines down 171!! Leesville was awarded the money from Baton Rouge, but since it is now in New Llano they would have to go back to Baton Rouge and get the funds set aside for New Llano. If that was to happen then the other Senators would say that the Governnor just gave you a boat load of money to the area and we want this money if Leesville is not going to use it!! THIS IS CALLED A BACK ROOM DEAL!!! Would it be good for the area? Sure it would but what has happened to all the transparency Rose spoke about????

Since: Jan 11

Leesville, LA

#5 Nov 11, 2011
007icu wrote:
Let me tell you about the back room deal! This is just pay back to New Llano for Boswell helping John Smith and Rose. This is so that New Llano get put the sewer lines down 171!! Leesville was awarded the money from Baton Rouge, but since it is now in New Llano they would have to go back to Baton Rouge and get the funds set aside for New Llano. If that was to happen then the other Senators would say that the Governnor just gave you a boat load of money to the area and we want this money if Leesville is not going to use it!! THIS IS CALLED A BACK ROOM DEAL!!! Would it be good for the area? Sure it would but what has happened to all the transparency Rose spoke about????
As opposed the the transparency of the previous two administrations where nobody knew what was going on? Where city council members were being SUMMONED to the Mayor's residence to decide the fate of our city?

Yeah that's what we want to go back to, sure.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#6 Nov 11, 2011
yeah progress!
ROUNDTUIT

Houston, TX

#7 Nov 11, 2011
So Rkeeton now your saying Betty was having meetings at her "home" also? You sure jump to Rose's defense quick. Just because it looks like duck doesn't mean it's a duck! From what I gather Rose calls his crew to be assured they are on board before calling some of the other council members
ROUNDTUIT

Houston, TX

#8 Nov 11, 2011
I would think it would illegal and improper to use the city of Leesville's fund to work in New Llano and vice-a-versa. How would you account with state auditors for the expenses and revenues? Who would actually own the Sewer line Leesville or New Llano

Leesville, LA

#9 Nov 11, 2011
I never said it was Mayor Westerchil now did I, Round? Put YOUR words in someone elses mouth, not mine.

As for him calling some members, well that is perfectly legal. It's also an accepted practice called getting advice or counsel from fellow law makers.

There is a HUGE difference between calling them and asking their advice or making sure they are all on the same sheet of music and summoning council member to the house to actually vote on things. And before you ask, my sources for this information are council members and people close to them.

If you don't like the Mayor, that's fine. Take your anger to the ballot box and express it. Just don't expect everyone to buy into your line of reasoning.
VP Resident

United States

#10 Nov 11, 2011
Funny both cities are growing and trying to make improvements and work with the base to try and fix the very problems that have kept growth out, things like sewer and water lines, more area to expand! THIS IS WHAT EVERYONE CALLED FOR! Now that the 2 Cities are working together well it a back door deal and who is benifeting who? It's always something shady, no it can't be that Mayor Rose and Boswell are just looking to the future and doing what a Mayor is supposed to do! Please this is just a bitch forum for a bunch of old haggs who want nothing more then to just complain! Complain! Complain! If they announced tommorrow that never mind no deal was meet and New Llano and Leesville will not be working together and Leesville will not move the City Limits down 467 and New Llano will not move down the 171, everything will stay the same as it has been for 100 years! EVERYONE HERE WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT! SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE 1960's! Lets get together and grow this Parish! PROGRESS! PROGRESS! PROGRESS! Lets support it and see where we go! Can't be any worse then it is now!!!!!!!
007icu

Leesville, LA

#11 Nov 11, 2011
Progress is good but when it lines the pockets of those involved!! So no one finds it improper or illegal for the City of Leesville to take money from the state and then oops we dropped the annexation lawsuit. So our legislators say let's give the money to New Llano but we can't go back to Baton rouge because the money would go back into the hopper for other cities. Let's create this mutual working agreement so Leesville can take the money under false pretenses and give it to New Llano. This was a deal that was cut during the campaign by Rose for their support. What support you say? The engineer for this project and the agreement will be Meyers group, whom is Armes brother-in-law, he stands to make millions off engineering fees between the sewer and hwy 467. So how do Rose and the other gain. By cash donations that are not reported!!! Ask someone of your council memebers and mayors if they have ever received any cash from Vernon Meyers during elections. If they tell you no their lying!!!
VP Resident

United States

#12 Nov 11, 2011
I want an applebee's %hit and I don't give a flyin *uckin $hit anymore whose pockets get lined!!!!!!! So put that in u'r pipe 007-69 my Fat @ock in u'r mouth! Rose and Boswell had money long ago so the flipin ^uck what! I'm talking about growing this town PERIOD! Take all u'r therories and shove um up u'r @ss.......Let VP GROW!!! GROW !!!!!! And GROW!!!!!!!!!
havemercy

Huntsville, AL

#13 Nov 12, 2011
007icu wrote:
Progress is good but when it lines the pockets of those involved!! So no one finds it improper or illegal for the City of Leesville to take money from the state and then oops we dropped the annexation lawsuit. So our legislators say let's give the money to New Llano but we can't go back to Baton rouge because the money would go back into the hopper for other cities. Let's create this mutual working agreement so Leesville can take the money under false pretenses and give it to New Llano. This was a deal that was cut during the campaign by Rose for their support. What support you say? The engineer for this project and the agreement will be Meyers group, whom is Armes brother-in-law, he stands to make millions off engineering fees between the sewer and hwy 467. So how do Rose and the other gain. By cash donations that are not reported!!! Ask someone of your council memebers and mayors if they have ever received any cash from Vernon Meyers during elections. If they tell you no their lying!!!
Amen, that's right. you are right on. It kinda pains me how some of us can look at a situation, and paint another picture. Let me say this, Mayor Rose and the Leesville City Council are currently engaged in a illegal contract on the Highway 28 sewer extention. We have the minutes and the Resolution and the words out the Mayor own mouth. Rose is a Crook. I doubt about the potential progress. Maybe a lot of progress can be had by running a sewer line out to a graveyard. With all due respect, I mean, " S### ", fix the darn lines in the city first, the dead do not need sewer lines. Where will you build out on 467? Oh, they plan to build beautiful home in the graveyard, eh? Or in the smack middle of the parish " trash pile ".
I feel that some of us will take a look at the city charter and see what are the legal basis for such an agreement. How will this affect the different Police and Fire department. How will the city be able to take city taxes and spent them out side of the city? Its a shady deal and Rose knew he could get those ole sorry council people to vote his way. His key votes, Kennedy, Guess, Martinez and that Joe McKee. The one that cares about nothing but an airport. We can't afford a Gene Koury used car, and our leader, ol Joe McKee, is worried about a darn airport. Hamburger! If we could get the Feds in here, we could send all these crooks to jail. The corruption goes all the way to the Judge chambles. Its a damn shame. Its offer> Nothing but crooks!
bembh

Lake Charles, LA

#14 Nov 12, 2011
Too late Keeton...we're already back there!!!
RKEETON wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed the the transparency of the previous two administrations ... Yeah that's what we want to go back to, sure.
bembh

Lake Charles, LA

#15 Nov 12, 2011
You may not have said it, but you certainly implied it. To reference the two previous administrations in one sentence and to immediately follow it with a sentence alleging improper meetings in the home of the mayor is, at best, sloppy writing, and at worst, a deliberate obfuscation of the facts.

So tell me, what's the difference in calling some members and having a telephone discussion and calling some members to your home for a face-to-face discussion? No diff...
RKEETON wrote:
I never said it was Mayor Westerchil now did I, Round? Put YOUR words in someone elses mouth, not mine.
As for him calling some members, well that is perfectly legal. It's also an accepted practice called getting advice or counsel from fellow law makers.
There is a HUGE difference between calling them and asking their advice or making sure they are all on the same sheet of music and summoning council member to the house to actually vote on things. And before you ask, my sources for this information are council members and people close to them.
If you don't like the Mayor, that's fine. Take your anger to the ballot box and express it. Just don't expect everyone to buy into your line of reasoning.
havemercy

Huntsville, AL

#16 Nov 12, 2011
bembh wrote:
You may not have said it, but you certainly implied it. To reference the two previous administrations in one sentence and to immediately follow it with a sentence alleging improper meetings in the home of the mayor is, at best, sloppy writing, and at worst, a deliberate obfuscation of the facts.
So tell me, what's the difference in calling some members and having a telephone discussion and calling some members to your home for a face-to-face discussion? No diff...
<quoted text>
RKeeton is a diehard loyalist of the regime.
I have said it from the beginning, he has good intentions, they're simply misguided. RKeeton don't give any of us any credit for having just a little sense. Now the experts hired by New Llano during litigation testified under oath that economically it did not make any sense for Leesville to attempt to annex Bill Goat hill. It didn't make sense under no configuration. But Keeton can't see for the log in his eyes. Politics are personal around here. Don't speak the truth because thats my great-uncle god-mother's great great grand daughter on aunt Helen side of the family.
bembh

Lake Charles, LA

#17 Nov 12, 2011
Keeton can't afford to say anything negative about the administration. After all, Rose appointed Keeton to one of his boards. He's not gonna bite the hand that feeds him (not that he'd say anything negative about King Robert anyway). You're right, he's got a biiiiiig log in his eye.
havemercy wrote:
<quoted text>RKeeton is a diehard loyalist of the regime.
I have said it from the beginning, he has good intentions, they're simply misguided. RKeeton don't give any of us any credit for having just a little sense. Now the experts hired by New Llano during litigation testified under oath that economically it did not make any sense for Leesville to attempt to annex Bill Goat hill. It didn't make sense under no configuration. But Keeton can't see for the log in his eyes. Politics are personal around here. Don't speak the truth because thats my great-uncle god-mother's great great grand daughter on aunt Helen side of the family.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#18 Nov 12, 2011
So tell me Keeton...... which mayor(s) and does it matter at an office or a house????
RKEETON wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed the the transparency of the previous two administrations where nobody knew what was going on? Where city council members were being SUMMONED to the Mayor's residence to decide the fate of our city?
Yeah that's what we want to go back to, sure.
havemercy

Huntsville, AL

#19 Nov 13, 2011
bembh wrote:
Keeton can't afford to say anything negative about the administration. After all, Rose appointed Keeton to one of his boards. He's not gonna bite the hand that feeds him (not that he'd say anything negative about King Robert anyway). You're right, he's got a biiiiiig log in his eye.
<quoted text>
Let me be clear. Personally, I get a kick out of seeing Mr. Keeton.(smile) Good people, but out there bad, he got to have enough sense to know better. I am saying Rose and the Council, Leesville City Council, are currently engaged in criminal activities. We have documents for proof, you heard me. But noone has challenge me and noone has shown an interest in the matter. Yet I hear all this stuff about how good Rose is doing. Dictator and a Liar. I have proof. Corruption is ever present.
007icu

Leesville, LA

#20 Nov 14, 2011
If you have proof why not call attorney generals office? Also Rose did commit malfeasance by hiring Attorney Benjanim pror to getting council approval!

Leesville, LA

#21 Nov 14, 2011
havemercy wrote:
<quoted text>Let me be clear. Personally, I get a kick out of seeing Mr. Keeton.(smile) Good people, but out there bad, he got to have enough sense to know better. I am saying Rose and the Council, Leesville City Council, are currently engaged in criminal activities. We have documents for proof, you heard me. But noone has challenge me and noone has shown an interest in the matter. Yet I hear all this stuff about how good Rose is doing. Dictator and a Liar. I have proof. Corruption is ever present.
My friend, consider yourself challenged and me an interested party.
If you have the proof, show me. My mind is open, always.
And for the record, it doesn't matter if I was appointed to a board my the Mayor- I call it as I see it and am not afraid to step up if I see something wrong.

I have disagreed with the mayor before and am not afraid to do it again and he has shown me respect for being my own man.

I understand that you guys don't like him for whatever reason and I accept that. However, don't judge me as wrong just because I don't see what you see.

Have a great day everyone.
ranger

United States

#22 Nov 14, 2011
VP Resident wrote:
I want an applebee's %hit and I don't give a flyin *uckin $hit anymore whose pockets get lined!!!!!!! So put that in u'r pipe 007-69 my Fat @ock in u'r mouth! Rose and Boswell had money long ago so the flipin ^uck what! I'm talking about growing this town PERIOD! Take all u'r therories and shove um up u'r @ss.......Let VP GROW!!! GROW !!!!!! And GROW!!!!!!!!!
Very well put!! Like it and agree with every word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort-Polk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 6 hr Hold on there 3,334
Construction begins on school near Fort Polk Aug 23 havemercy 10
Army examines Fort Polk Aug '14 Uncle Sam 22
Our View: Your help needed today to save Fort Polk Jul '14 richmond harrell 1
Debate: Civil Unions - Fort-Polk, LA (Jun '12) Jul '14 james guy 5
Suit filed against New Llano for pit bull ban Jul '14 kahichz88 15
Old Fort Polk in the early 70's Jun '14 linda lou henson 1
•••
•••
•••

Fort-Polk Jobs

•••
•••