Fort Polk soldier killed in Iraq

A 26-year-old Fort Polk soldier has died from small-arms-fire wounds suffered while on patrol in Baghdad, Iraq. Full Story
Linda

United States

#1 Sep 26, 2008
This is so sad. My heart goes out to his wife and three precious little girls. I have been very moved and saddened by this tragic event. They are all in my thoughts and prayers.
J Polk

Dayton, TX

#3 Oct 6, 2008
Marat....I hope you wind up like your namesake. As far as this occupation crap goes, I'm willing to bet given the conditions in baghdad now that his killer will be hunted down and detained or killed by local iraqi citizens who will relish the chance to remove another radical from their once not so bad city.
Katiebell27

United States

#4 Oct 16, 2008
Marat is going into different threads to write anti American hate posts about our beloved soldiers just to get people upset. The more you argue back the happier you make him. He just wants attention. Sad and terribly pathetic the depths people will stoop to for attention... Poor pitiful Marat...
DO THE RIGHT THING

Georgetown, TX

#5 Feb 22, 2009
Topix,
Arent you going to remove Marat's post.
While we all have a freedom of speech, it is freedom until in infringes on someone else such as this case.
He is slandering the dead Soldier as a "Murderer" and a "thief,"
Failure to remove his post will result in a lawsuit on his behalf, and more than likely bad publicity and the closure of an Anti-American Site.
v/r
CPT DAVIS
sko

San Angelo, TX

#7 Feb 26, 2009
Excuse me. Hasn't the UK occupied countries in a questionable "bid" for help?? I seem to recall several European countries in Saudia and Iraq in the 90s.
Iblis

United States

#8 Mar 4, 2009
You know nothing. You sit in your little UK neighborhood loving the freedoms the UK allows you to have. You lambast what you don't know. America is not there for oil. As you can tell by the prices being charged on the market. And to top that, the UK is there too.
You are a coward. You hide behind the protection and anonymity of the internet. All you want is Islam to rule the world. You rejoice in death. You think doing your duty is abandoning your family. You think if somebody doesn't share your thoughts, they deserve to die.
Well, lucky for the rest of the world, Allah has rubbed your back with his left hand and you will soon reside with him in hell.
May a pig eat your entrails.
ALLAHU IBLIS!
sean o carroll

Limerick, Ireland

#10 Jul 21, 2010
Great britan should leave afghanistan and iraq and northen ireland and let the irish rule them selfs
holohoax heretic

Dublin, OH

#11 Jul 21, 2010
another dead goy for the greater israel co prosperity sphere march on dumb goyim
rattlecattle

Debary, FL

#12 Jul 21, 2010
Thanks for the war ...one we will lose thanks Pentagon, Thanks all you fools that started this FIASCO

Just keep sending people to die.....for a rotten pile of rocks in the mideast
David Ford

Russellville, AR

#14 Oct 22, 2010
I was a career reservist and civilian law enforcement officer now completely retired. I served in Viet-Nam and Iraq and opposed both "adventures". I continued to serve my country and retired with honor.

I grieve for this soldier as I do all the others - In almost 40 years of service, I know 13 men and women who were killed in action or killed in the line of duty.

Grieve the loss, support the living, and honer the dead. A person might consider participating in peace demonstrations like I do.

David Ford
Maj, MP/ CA
Retired
Rattle Cattle

Debary, FL

#15 Oct 25, 2010
David Ford wrote:
I was a career reservist and civilian law enforcement officer now completely retired. I served in Viet-Nam and Iraq and opposed both "adventures". I continued to serve my country and retired with honor.
I grieve for this soldier as I do all the others - In almost 40 years of service, I know 13 men and women who were killed in action or killed in the line of duty.
Grieve the loss, support the living, and honer the dead. A person might consider participating in peace demonstrations like I do.
David Ford
Maj, MP/ CA
Retired
Too bad he died for nothing

Look at our real motive in these wars...follow the billions as our military devours our treasury with all american GREED

THe USA is a sick nation in love with war and false glory
Rattle Cattles Son

York, PA

#16 Oct 29, 2010
Rattle Cattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad he died for nothing
Look at our real motive in these wars...follow the billions as our military devours our treasury with all american GREED
THe USA is a sick nation in love with war and false glory
Dad,

Please go back to the V.A. Mental Clinic and check yourself back in before you wonder off somewhere and die for nothing. You are sick and you still need help..coming on here and making a complete idiot out of yourself will not help your medical condition. I love you dad and I don't want anything to happen to you..so please go back to the Doctor and get the desperate help that you need so much.
Rattle Kattle

Saint Cloud, FL

#19 Oct 30, 2010
Rattle Cattles Son wrote:
<quoted text>
Dad,
Please go back to the V.A. Mental Clinic and check yourself back in before you wonder off somewhere and die for nothing. You are sick and you still need help..coming on here and making a complete idiot out of yourself will not help your medical condition. I love you dad and I don't want anything to happen to you..so please go back to the Doctor and get the desperate help that you need so much.
That soldier died for NOTHING...ZERO...too bad so sad.

I feel no regret, he was invading a foriegn land...just like the GERMANS, Israelis, Japs....etc.

We will win REGRET , DEBT and Sorrow in these wars...because the USA is a sick arrogant nation..corrupt to the core.

Now...IDIOT America....keep sending nieve kids to die for corporte america's war profits...tell em they are defending freedom, thye will buy that LIE.
Rattle Cattles Son

York, PA

#21 Oct 31, 2010
Rattle Kattle wrote:
<quoted text>
That soldier died for NOTHING...ZERO...too bad so sad.
I feel no regret, he was invading a foriegn land...just like the GERMANS, Israelis, Japs....etc.
We will win REGRET , DEBT and Sorrow in these wars...because the USA is a sick arrogant nation..corrupt to the core.
Now...IDIOT America....keep sending nieve kids to die for corporte america's war profits...tell em they are defending freedom, thye will buy that LIE.
Dad please....

Go back to taking your medications. You have a very short memory don't you remember when I was sent off to Iraq? I mean hell you were the first one to applaud that and was 100% supportive of it!!! Look... I'll drive you to the V.A. Hospital tomorrow so we can see the Doctor perhaps he can give you a stronger pill...and last Dad if anyone is sick around here..it's you..mentally. I love you Dad no matter what silly things you say on here.
Rattle Kattle

Saint Cloud, FL

#22 Nov 1, 2010
Rattle Cattles Son wrote:
<quoted text>
Dad please....
Go back to taking your medications. You have a very short memory don't you remember when I was sent off to Iraq? I mean hell you were the first one to applaud that and was 100% supportive of it!!! Look... I'll drive you to the V.A. Hospital tomorrow so we can see the Doctor perhaps he can give you a stronger pill...and last Dad if anyone is sick around here..it's you..mentally. I love you Dad no matter what silly things you say on here.
I have never applauded our nation's warmongering invasions.

Mental....that is what our soldiers as they actually believe they are fighting for freedom. LMAO.....Freedom at $500M a day!

Follow the money you retard.....go ahead...you stupid american flag waving knucklehead
Rattle Kattles Son

York, PA

#23 Nov 6, 2010
Rattle Kattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never applauded our nation's warmongering invasions.
Mental....that is what our soldiers as they actually believe they are fighting for freedom. LMAO.....Freedom at $500M a day!
Follow the money you retard.....go ahead...you stupid american flag waving knucklehead
Dad,

How can you insult your own son? Oh believe me Dad...I do foloww the Money..EVERYTIME YOU GO TO THE VA MENTAL CLINIC you have a bad habit of lying to the Psychologist just to get more medication...I BELEIVE THAT'S CALLED RIPPING OFF THE US TAX PAYER!!! And you call me a knucklehead..Dad Please!
Dr Funbone

Mantua, NJ

#24 Feb 19, 2011
Ill check into it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort-Polk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Construction begins on school near Fort Polk Aug '14 havemercy 10
Army examines Fort Polk Aug '14 Uncle Sam 22
Our View: Your help needed today to save Fort Polk Jul '14 richmond harrell 1
Debate: Civil Unions - Fort-Polk, LA (Jun '12) Jul '14 james guy 5
Suit filed against New Llano for pit bull ban (Apr '14) Jul '14 kahichz88 15
Old Fort Polk in the early 70's Jun '14 linda lou henson 1
Long road to graduation pays off May '14 Hit it 3
Fort-Polk Dating
Find my Match

Fort-Polk Jobs