Norm

Stillwater, NY

#23 Apr 24, 2012
lol wrote:
Norm come and visit the town court on a Monday night. 80-100 people - parking lot full - no where to sit...a line literally out the door - you have no clue what you are talking about. A few part time officers could not handle the crap that goes on around here....maybe in 1962 but not now
<quoted text>
.......... Very interesting post that!... Could you be more explicit, give more details, enlighten me.... I was not aware of what court problem you speak of.... Anyway, what I meant was, one police officer per shift along with part time village officers as backup.... You still have the Montgomery County Sheriff and State Police as added backup if necessary, yes?... Again, part time Police officers would be trained.

Norm
lol

Pittsfield, MA

#24 Apr 24, 2012
you wanna wait for the sheriff's dept to get here? u have no clue what i am talking about. this place is hoppin with crime - people just dont like to talk about it they rather pretend it doesnt exist- no way in hell a few pt time guys could keep these refugees under control - its like arkansas
Norm wrote:
<quoted text>
.......... Very interesting post that!... Could you be more explicit, give more details, enlighten me.... I was not aware of what court problem you speak of.... Anyway, what I meant was, one police officer per shift along with part time village officers as backup.... You still have the Montgomery County Sheriff and State Police as added backup if necessary, yes?... Again, part time Police officers would be trained.
Norm
Norm

Stillwater, NY

#25 Apr 24, 2012
lol wrote:
you wanna wait for the sheriff's dept to get here? u have no clue what i am talking about. this place is hoppin with crime - people just dont like to talk about it they rather pretend it doesnt exist- no way in hell a few pt time guys could keep these refugees under control - its like arkansas <quoted text>
.......... What next?... Are you going to tell me that old Fort Plain has hoards of Werewolfs wandering about at night and that only the local police department which is armed with Silver bullets can deal with them?

Norm
peg

Queensbury, NY

#26 Apr 24, 2012
lol wrote:
Norm come and visit the town court on a Monday night. 80-100 people - parking lot full - no where to sit...a line literally out the door - you have no clue what you are talking about. A few part time officers could not handle the crap that goes on around here....maybe in 1962 but not now
<quoted text>
lol gets it and has accurate info...thanks. I have had the opportunity (?) to attend Monday night court. I sat for three and a half hours waiting for a friend...what a madhouse. Our police dept is not "too big". They have 21 ahifts per week to cover. They are not as highly paid as other communities as evidenced by this fact: after our Chief does a great job of training them,a chief in a neighboring community snatches them up with a higher sala ry. I think our village officials should hold the landlords more accountable;the number of undesirable renters will go down,and the streets and park will look alot better. I'm not saying the landlords shouldn't rent to people who need assistance but rent to people who behave more responsibly.I recently made inquiry about renting in another state....I couldn't believe they did a credit check,a criminal background check,and several other "checks" to determine my character. They CARED about their investment,ie, the apt.
lol

Pittsfield, MA

#27 Apr 24, 2012
Seeing the world through rose colored glasses only works for so long. A lot of stuff goes on here. you should try reading the paper -did you know there are 24 level 2 and 3 sex offenders in Fort Plain - this does not include level 1 offenders.
read on and tell me that we dont need full time protection and detectives - read on - you do not live here among this crap.
4/12/12
A convicted felon was arrested on Saturday for weapons possession in FP, police say.
Police responded to a Paris Road residence for a civil matter. Police discovered the homeowner Joanne Douglass was in possession of a shotgun. Douglass, 41, is a convicted felon.
The weapon was seized and Douglass was arrested. Douglass was charged with Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the 4th Deg
Some more recent stuff:
The Montgomery County Sheriff's on Tuesday arrested a FP man who reportedly had 119 marijuana plants growing inside his River Road residence. Robert C. Sager, 41, of 1602 River Road, was charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of marijuana and unlawful growing of cannabis.
Dillon C. Weber, 17, of 3 Lincoln St., FP was arrested on February 21, charged with unlawful possession of alcohol, unlawful possession of marijuana and loitering.
Dennis P. Abare, 49, of Division Street, was charged with second-degree harassment March 5 for threatening another, police said.A bit older but you get the picture yet.....
Daryl Rush, 22, 88 Main St., was arrested June 17 for Unlawfully Dealing with a Child in the 1st Degree. Rush was arrested for providing alcohol to an 18-year-old. He was processed and released.
Jeffrey L. Wells, 44, 23 Willett St., FP was charged with Criminal Trespass on June 17. Wells was arrested for entering the residence of another person after being told he could not. He was arrested, processed, arraigned and released with an Order of Protection.
Harold S. Clifford, 49, 245 Main St, FP, was arrested on June 18 for Attempted Assault in the 3rd. Clifford was arrested after an investigation of a domestic dispute at the Fort Plain High School. Clifford was accused of striking a female in the face and neck and causing minor injuries. Michael J. Williams, 19, 54 West St., Fort Plain, was charged with Rape in the 1st on June 13. Williams was arrested after an investigation of a reported forcible rape. It was found that Williams forcibly raped a 24-year-old female and fled the scene shortly thereafter. He was located hours later and arrested. Williams was held on 50,000 cash,$50,000 secure bail.• Jeremy Harrington, 38, 22 River St., Apt. 3, was charged on June 15 with Harassment. He was arrested after it was found that he threatened another person. Harrington was processed and released on an appearance ticket.Jay Lapi, 34, of 9 Crouse Street, was found guilty by a jury on two counts of first-degree criminal sexual act, a B felony, and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child. Lapi sexually abused a boy during incidents July 25 and July 26 Minden.
Lapi was arrested Sept. 20 and charged with first-degree sex abuse.
John Neville, a 22-year-old Canal Street resident, was ticketed for unlawful possession of marijuana when police observed the drug at his residence during response to a domestic incident Jan. 26.
John Nichols, a 60-year-old Triumpho Road resident, was arrested on a felony charge of grand larceny for giving away company property without permission, police said. should i go on or do you get the picture Norm.....you can't leave the doors unlocked here any more or your car unlocked it has CHANGED
Norm wrote:
<quoted text>
.......... What next?... Norm
Norm wrote:
<quoted text>
.......... What next?... Are you going to tell me that old Fort Plain has hoards of Werewolfs wandering about at night and that only the local police department which is armed with Silver bullets can deal with them?
Norm
peg

Queensbury, NY

#28 Apr 24, 2012
lol wrote:
Seeing the world through rose colored glasses only works for so long. A lot of stuff goes on here. you should try reading the paper -did you know there are 24 level 2 and 3 sex offenders in Fort Plain - this does not include level 1 offenders.
read on and tell me that we dont need full time protection and detectives - read on - you do not live here among this crap.
4/12/12
A convicted felon was arrested on Saturday for weapons possession in FP, police say.
Police responded to a Paris Road residence for a civil matter. Police discovered the homeowner Joanne Douglass was in possession of a shotgun. Douglass, 41, is a convicted felon.
The weapon was seized and Douglass was arrested. Douglass was charged with Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the 4th Deg
Some more recent stuff:
The Montgomery County Sheriff's on Tuesday arrested a FP man who reportedly had 119 marijuana plants growing inside his River Road residence. Robert C. Sager, 41, of 1602 River Road, was charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of marijuana and unlawful growing of cannabis.
Dillon C. Weber, 17, of 3 Lincoln St., FP was arrested on February 21, charged with unlawful possession of alcohol, unlawful possession of marijuana and loitering.
Dennis P. Abare, 49, of Division Street, was charged with second-degree harassment March 5 for threatening another, police said.A bit older but you get the picture yet.....
Daryl Rush, 22, 88 Main St., was arrested June 17 for Unlawfully Dealing with a Child in the 1st Degree. Rush was arrested for providing alcohol to an 18-year-old. He was processed and released.
Jeffrey L. Wells, 44, 23 Willett St., FP was charged with Criminal Trespass on June 17. Wells was arrested for entering the residence of another person after being told he could not. He was arrested, processed, arraigned and released with an Order of Protection.
Harold S. Clifford, 49, 245 Main St, FP, was arrested on June 18 for Attempted Assault in the 3rd. Clifford was arrested after an investigation of a domestic dispute at the Fort Plain High School. Clifford was accused of striking a female in the face and neck and causing minor injuries. Michael J. Williams, 19, 54 West St., Fort Plain, was charged with Rape in the 1st on June 13. Williams was arrested after an investigation of a reported forcible rape. It was found that Williams forcibly raped a 24-year-old female and fled the scene shortly thereafter. He was located hours later and arrested. Williams was held on 50,000 cash,$50,000 secure bail.• Jeremy Harrington, 38, 22 River St., Apt. 3, was charged on June 15 with Harassment. He was arrested after it was found that he threatened another person. Harrington was processed and released on an appearance ticket.Jay Lapi, 34, of 9 Crouse Street, was found guilty by a jury on two counts of first-degree criminal sexual act, a B felony, and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child. Lapi sexually abused a boy during incidents July 25 and July 26 Minden.
Lapi was arrested Sept. 20 and charged with first-degree sex abuse.
John Neville, a 22-year-old Canal Street resident, was ticketed for unlawful possession of marijuana when police observed the drug at his residence during response to a domestic incident Jan. 26.
John Nichols, a 60-year-old Triumpho Road resident, was arrested on a felony charge of grand larceny for giving away company property without permission, police said. should i go on or do you get the picture Norm.....you can't leave the doors unlocked here any more or your car unlocked it has CHANGED
<quoted text><quoted text>
WOW!!!I sure didn't know all that and I am a daily paper reader. What do you think would get this criminal element out of our village? Surely someone on here has some ideas....
lol

Pittsfield, MA

#29 Apr 24, 2012
the same stuff has been posted over and over on many topix boards - its really past the point of no return here - no jobs - we only attract welfare and HUD housing (how many guys/gals in suits do you see walking around)- drug testing for welfare will help (we can hope they will move to states that dont test if there are any left)- unless some big company opens it's a dead issue - lock your doors and dont be stupid about the police and saving money - the fool that tries to save money by cutting back will be very sorry. the only people that dont want them are the ones committing the crimes and the ones with their heads burried so far in the sand they have no clue what the reality of the situation is.
peg wrote:
<quoted text> WOW!!!I sure didn't know all that and I am a daily paper reader. What do you think would get this criminal element out of our village? Surely someone on here has some ideas....
Norm

Stillwater, NY

#30 Apr 24, 2012
.......... WOW Peg & lol!!!... I used to get the weekly newspaper from down there, sent to my home up here in the North country some 30 years ago.... I was not made aware of your local crime situation there as it now exists.... I haven't been down that-a-ways in nearly two years now and, probably will not go down there for another two to three more years.... I don't like the sound of things as you two have just posted.... And I might wish to add, I believe that the both of you are being truthful.

.......... This sad information as just presented by the both of you is not what I had wished to hear.... Quite a sad state of affairs for what I still consider to be the hub, the core the very heart of America.... If olde Fort Plain and the middle Mohawk valley region of New York state cannot be salvaged and brought back to prosperity then all of America is doomed to failure!... Several of us caring posters here on this topix message board in the past have tried to come up with some sort of plan so as to better the economic situation there, but to no avail.

.......... Well then, as you two are actually living in that immediate area and are experiencing the crime situation there as it really exists today I can only feel pity for your plight.... I must seem to you both the total fool for always trying to be so Pollyannic in my posts about that region.... So then really, as you two see it, there really is no bright future ahead to be had down there because of the terrible state of the present economy and with no forseeable let up of poverty there.

With Kindest Regards,

Norm

lol

Pittsfield, MA

#31 Apr 24, 2012
i wish it was not true....
Norm wrote:
.......... WOW Peg & lol!!!... I used to get the weekly newspaper from down there, sent to my home up here in the North country some 30 years ago.... I was not made aware of your local crime situation there as it now exists.... I haven't been down that-a-ways in nearly two years now and, probably will not go down there for another two to three more years.... I don't like the sound of things as you two have just posted.... And I might wish to add, I believe that the both of you are being truthful.
.......... This sad information as just presented by the both of you is not what I had wished to hear.... Quite a sad state of affairs for what I still consider to be the hub, the core the very heart of America.... If olde Fort Plain and the middle Mohawk valley region of New York state cannot be salvaged and brought back to prosperity then all of America is doomed to failure!... Several of us caring posters here on this topix message board in the past have tried to come up with some sort of plan so as to better the economic situation there, but to no avail.
.......... Well then, as you two are actually living in that immediate area and are experiencing the crime situation there as it really exists today I can only feel pity for your plight.... I must seem to you both the total fool for always trying to be so Pollyannic in my posts about that region.... So then really, as you two see it, there really is no bright future ahead to be had down there because of the terrible state of the present economy and with no forseeable let up of poverty there.
With Kindest Regards,
Norm
peg

Queensbury, NY

#32 Apr 24, 2012
Norm wrote:
With Kindest Regards,
Norm
Norm,I am Pollyanna most of the time.So I'll go on my soapbox again. There are alot of folks here who truly care about Ft. Plain. And bec. we are so rural and poor,I don't see a big company coming here. My point is how trashy we look. We have people who have junk all over the yard. They don't know to put children's toys in back or on porch. The front porches have boxes and "stuff". I nev er saw so many porches used as storage of crap. This is why I keep harping about getting tough on the landlord to not allow this unkempt behavior. The poor will always be with us. My grandparents were poor but they had a"tidy doorstep". My father does not have the money for new siding which he sorely needs but his yard and porches and driveway are always neat. There,I feel better now....Polly feels better.
Maggie

Pittsfield, MA

#33 Apr 24, 2012
Protesting is a good idea...but a peaceful protest with signs maybe. The thing with putting trash to the curb is that they will not pick it up...they will first warn you to get rid of it by a certain date...and then if you don't they will give you a ticket. You will then have to lug all that garbage back down in the basement, garage or wherever. You will only be the loser in this kind of protest. This is my second home in Ft. Plain. I lived here for half of my life..I pay high taxes and get less and less for it. I believe we DO need the police dept. You should hear some of the goings on that don't even make the papers. It's actually a pretty scary place to be sometimes. I feel pretty good about the police dept. being here.
Still...we need to get together and protest in front of the clerks building or someplace...peacefully.
peg

Queensbury, NY

#34 Apr 25, 2012
Maggie wrote:
Protesting is a good idea...but a peaceful protest with signs maybe. The thing with putting trash to the curb is that they will not pick it up...they will first warn you to get rid of it by a certain date...and then if you don't they will give you a ticket. You will then have to lug all that garbage back down in the basement, garage or wherever. You will only be the loser in this kind of protest. This is my second home in Ft. Plain. I lived here for half of my life..I pay high taxes and get less and less for it. I believe we DO need the police dept. You should hear some of the goings on that don't even make the papers. It's actually a pretty scary place to be sometimes. I feel pretty good about the police dept. being here.
Still...we need to get together and protest in front of the clerks building or someplace...peacefully.
I agree that putting stuff out isn't the answer right now. The dumping expense at MOSA is very expensive;I can't remember what the Village paid but it was more than I ever imagined last year. There is an ad in the Pennysaver each week for removing unwanted appliances free,if that helps anyone. If you have just one item like an old chair or mattress,call the village office and get a tag to put on it. That tells the pickup people that you have paid ($5,$8,or so) to have it carted away. Other people put the item out with a FREE sign on it and it often magically goes away. If it's out for more than a day or so,you should get a tag and have it removed. We've got people visiting our village and the most basic thing that each of us can do is keep our yard and curb neat. It shouts out to the passer-by "I care!!"
pegisanal

Pittsfield, MA

#36 Apr 27, 2012
maybe if the dump on main st peg and friends club house paid taxes they could take some stuff away
shawna

United States

#37 Apr 29, 2012
Norm wrote:
With Kindest Regards,
Norm
Norm,
May I ask how old you are?

“what's up everybody”

Since: Oct 11

here

#38 Apr 30, 2012
I bet he's the age that is to old to care and not young enough to do anything about anything. Old enough to be agitated by the young. What youth sees as revolution Mr N's viewing as stupidity reaching new heights. Thank you for molding a younger generation of whom you may have been. I'm glad I'm fixed. I'm saving my remaining genetic material, so the day optimism reignites the hearts of the apathetic, I might think of my anonymous monsters rebuilding this community
Omg

North Creek, NY

#39 May 1, 2012
peg wrote:
<quoted text> I agree that putting stuff out isn't the answer right now. The dumping expense at MOSA is very expensive;I can't remember what the Village paid but it was more than I ever imagined last year. There is an ad in the Pennysaver each week for removing unwanted appliances free,if that helps anyone. If you have just one item like an old chair or mattress,call the village office and get a tag to put on it. That tells the pickup people that you
have paid ($5,$8,or so) to have it carted away.
Other people put the item out with a FREE sign

on it and it often magically goes away. If it's out
for more than a day or so,you should get a tag

and have it removed. We've got people visiting
our village and the most basic thing that each of
us can do is keep our yard and curb neat. It
shouts out to the passer-by "I care!!"
If you want a tidy porch and driveway etc. why don't you offer to help them clean up they're porch and driveway with all the spare time you have been spending on topix. By the way if your fathers home needs painting, why don't you offer the job to one of the handymen that also advertise in the paper? Your always complaining about landlords, try being one. You think it's all that simple. Just ask for references and criminal checks, lol where do we do lazy scumbag checks? Cause most landlords can't wait to get rid of shitty tenants so they will say they were great tenants, just to get rid of they're problem! You should do way more research on what you think landlords should do! Taxes are too high to not rent to people who have HUD or welfare. Why don't you speak to your mayor!!!!
peg

Queensbury, NY

#40 May 2, 2012
I spent a lot of time helping others clean up. There are several great landlords in our village. I didn't mean to paint ALL with the same brush. We are having a conversation here and I appreciate knowing what you think.
Omg

North Creek, NY

#41 May 2, 2012
peg wrote:
I spent a lot of time helping others clean up. There are several great landlords in our village. I didn't mean to paint ALL with the same brush. We are having a conversation here and I appreciate knowing what you think.
. so who have you helped clean up there property? I am and know several landlords in fort plain and they nor I have received any help from you.
peg

Queensbury, NY

#42 May 5, 2012
Starting in May of 2008,I have spent time cleaning the sidewalks and curbs downtown,worked with friends washing some windows,putting out flowers,cleaning brick work,cleaning around Unity Hall,encouraging citizens to obey village ordinances regarding garbage pails,dogs,etc. What have you done to make our village nicer? Just asking......
fpny

Pittsfield, MA

#43 May 6, 2012
to make people spend thousands of dollars to replace sidewalks the plows scrape across every winter is ridiculous. We are a small family trying to make ends meet and all the extra charges are too much. 4000 a year in taxes is too much on top of a massive water bill, sanitary bill and now the recent crap from the code enforcer with the sidewalks. With the cost of living increasing and not having our pay check increase, we cannot afford to live here anymore. HUD will have to take over, I guess that's security for Fort Plain and they can get the money from the state but not the satisfaction of bullying. A code enforcer should be a volunteer position ! Not a position that pays 40 k a year just sayin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Plain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erika Chase 2 hr Nasty girls 1
OESJ newsletter 2 hr Same crap 2
Angel ,Tiesha, Amy ,Brittany worthless parent's 2 hr Nasty girls 5
Who is Running for Fort Plain Mayor in March 2017 3 hr Jeff 12
laura smith (May '15) 18 hr Martha his real wife 55
When will Deter Hazzard realize... (Jan '16) Fri lol 35
Chess Guy... Dec 1 ConcernedAndCurious 1

Fort Plain Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance