anonymous

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Whomever, decided on the date for trick or treating, needs to learn from his/her mistake. Fort Plain decided to have trick or treating on an opposite night of the other towns. This means truck loads of people showed up here from Johnstown,Canjo,St. J, Gloversville,Fonda you name it they were here. This is an unfair, we spent a lot of money on candy only to have it gone in the first 20 minutes. I think all the children of Fort Plain should converge on the other towns tonight and run them out of candy, my child who is 5 only came home with a small bowl of candy, she didn't even come close to filling her bag and we were home by 7:15 because everyone ran out of candy. The kids who are over 12 should not be shoving little kids off porch steps to trick or treat. Next year I will stay home and if you are over 12 or from another town your not getting candy from my house.
Gimme a break

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Judged:

What are you going to do? Ask for an ID from a 6 year old? Have the police run license plates before you give out a $.03 peice of candy?

Personally I think they should cancel Trick or Treat period. You can't control everyone and the spirit of this holiday is gone. Kids that don't even wear a costume going from house to house, parents driving the kids from door to door on a residential block, whole families (from FP) going back for seconds... It's no fun and it's not the fault of the people who scheduled this, it's our society's fault for allowing it to get this bad.
KJS

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

To avoid all the confusion they should just have trick or treat on Halloween! I live in Nelliston and it has always been very good up here. Most houses are lit and festive, Prospect St always does a great job decoration wise. This year there were quite a few dark houses that are normally lit. All the car poolers must have stuck to FP because I did not see as many this year. There were a couple teenagers but they were polite, in costume and made way for the kids. I would rather see them trick or treating rather then running around raising hell. It was quite sad to not see as many participants and it makes me wonder if there will be knocks on the door tonight??
LAME

Henderson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Trick or Treating was lame in FP....1st time I took my son there and there were few houses handing out candy. We treated for 1.5 hours and he got a small basket of candy. LAME!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fort Plain Discussions

Search the Fort Plain Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Quackenush makes threats 6 hr A case of the Bentzz 4
Papa Joe's Pizza 8 hr muncher 8
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 10 hr College Professor 6,391
Quackenbush misuse of public funds coming out i... Mon My turn 3
anjelia ortiz (Jan '14) Sun the clap 18
Quackenbush leaves town with two DWI Aug 17 Ft Plain 1
Val Lawson Aug 13 stjfighter 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fort Plain Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••