Fort Plain facing questions during au...

Fort Plain facing questions during audit by the state

There are 40 comments on the Courier Standard story from May 17, 2012, titled Fort Plain facing questions during audit by the state. In it, Courier Standard reports that:

Is a state audit of the Fort Plain School District connected to allegations of potential fraud raised by a former school board member? Brian Butry, a spokesperson for the state Comptroller's Office, last week confirmed the state office has an audit "that is ongoing in the district now"; however he declined to comment on its purpose.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Courier Standard.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hmmmmm

Pittsfield, MA

#1 May 17, 2012
oh boy...
don

Parish, NY

#3 May 19, 2012
not a hero just wont be caught up in other peoples deception got to much to loose.
bull

Pittsfield, MA

#4 May 21, 2012
don wrote:
not a hero just wont be caught up in other peoples deception got to much to loose.
deception,that's A good one.How many years in A row did that same crew work on that same section of route 5 in nelliston.Can you say kickback.
don yerdon

Parish, NY

#5 May 21, 2012
u know i shouldnt even comment on this,, but there has been many water leaks on rt 5 ,and 2 more to go, so u need to know the facts first before u open your mouth ,and as always u can see our books and the contractors records thaty are inspected by the state ,because he has to pay state rate,so any time u want to see the books call me and make an appointment till u do know the facts ,,, ok.
Okeedokee

United States

#6 May 21, 2012
Does the same contractor get every job or is a public notice for bids put out?
don yerdon wrote:
u know i shouldnt even comment on this,, but there has been many water leaks on rt 5 ,and 2 more to go, so u need to know the facts first before u open your mouth ,and as always u can see our books and the contractors records thaty are inspected by the state ,because he has to pay state rate,so any time u want to see the books call me and make an appointment till u do know the facts ,,, ok.
don yerdon

Parish, NY

#7 May 21, 2012
the same contractor is used because he has at times been called in the very early am, and has put a crew together and showed up within an hour, also he has to pay state rate and so would any contractor , at times he doesnt even bill the village for services he preforms and he is also a village resident,these are the reasons the board, not the mayor uses this contractor.
Snuff

San Mateo, CA

#8 May 21, 2012
I smell fish....
don yerdon wrote:
the same contractor is used because he has at times been called in the very early am, and has put a crew together and showed up within an hour, also he has to pay state rate and so would any contractor , at times he doesnt even bill the village for services he preforms and he is also a village resident,these are the reasons the board, not the mayor uses this contractor.
what

Glens Falls, NY

#9 May 21, 2012
Just a little $20,000 SCREW up. Go to jail do not pass go.
don yerdon

Gloversville, NY

#10 May 21, 2012
no need to talk to ppl that wont even use their name and just try to start trouble where there is none,we just finished an audit with the state comptrolers office in march and they found no misappreations of money, so there is no handoffs in the village ,so dont try to start roomers, and have the guts to use your real name, it carries more resepect!!!!
what

Glens Falls, NY

#11 May 21, 2012
It's OK in Nelliston but not at the school. What ever is best for the MAYOR. Give me a BREAK!!
Hello

Glens Falls, NY

#12 May 21, 2012
My parents live in Nelliston and say the mayor has drove the village in ground and has NO good ideas.
yeah

Pittsfield, MA

#13 May 21, 2012
Hello wrote:
My parents live in Nelliston and say the mayor has drove the village in ground and has NO good ideas.
the only ideas he has are about whats in it for him.See what happened when him and rusty couldn't profit from being on the school board by changing the bussing contract,he quit.Must of figured there was no skimming to be done why stick around.
duh

Pittsfield, MA

#14 May 21, 2012
Hello wrote:
My parents live in Nelliston and say the mayor has drove the village in ground and has NO good ideas.
when you have a crew fixing a water leak for 5 weeks that would take the guys in fort plain 4 hours to fix,sooner than later the village will be broke
don

Northville, NY

#15 May 21, 2012
no need to talk to idiots that wont post their names, grow a sack and use your name.
not 2 smart

Pittsfield, MA

#16 May 21, 2012
when you turn in an entire school system you better make sure that you have never done anything wrong that anyone knows about,or you better not plan on ever doing anything wrong because what He did effects all of us and our kids.If I were him I would stay on that side of the river.Many people unhappy
What

Glens Falls, NY

#17 May 21, 2012
You may have a FULL sack but for sure not much between the ears. Only a idiot would post his own on THIS sight.
gee-wiz

Pittsfield, MA

#18 May 21, 2012
What wrote:
You may have a FULL sack but for sure not much between the ears. Only a idiot would post his own on THIS sight.
aint that the truth but there are many posts in the past where he used other names.
Quiet

Glens Falls, NY

#19 May 21, 2012
FULL sack won't tell you about the bodyshop. Bankrupt. Chect that out.
don

Northville, NY

#20 May 21, 2012
What wrote:
You may have a FULL sack but for sure not much between the ears. Only a idiot would post his own on THIS sight.
only ppl that will tell the truth will use their real names,the rest of you seem to only want to start bull on this site.if u really believe what u say use your name,and by the way the village only owes less than 10,000 dollars, how many villages can say that????
not really

Pittsfield, MA

#21 May 21, 2012
Quiet wrote:
FULL sack won't tell you about the bodyshop. Bankrupt. Chect that out.
thats just a game people play so they don't have to pay what they owe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Plain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary for President Petition for recount 8 hr Bend Over For Trump 143
Loose Dog - Access 14 hr Trumps Army 18
Local Fort Plain IBA employee finally gets caug... Mon Bet 3
Sherriff taking over fppd Jul 21 Trumps Army 11
reclaim ny Jul 20 Spot Light on RATS 1
jackson marshall for mayor (May '11) Jul 19 Anon_53 11
Does Dan Aherns age? Jul 19 Todd 4

Fort Plain Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Plain Mortgages