Should canajoharie & fort plain schools merge?

Created by Jake the Snake on Mar 24, 2013

144 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Jon

Gloversville, NY

#1 Mar 26, 2013
Looks like about 9 people don't pay school taxs in the fort plain school distric. 3/26/13
Elmo

Danielson, CT

#2 Mar 26, 2013
I had two dogs that merged. Had to pour a spackle bucket of cold water on them to get them apart. Kinda the same thing except in one case it was two farm dawgs and in the other it's two broke school districts. Otherwise it be the same thing.
Maggie Mae

Fort Plain, NY

#3 Mar 26, 2013
It's not the answer right now. Fort Plain is set to weather the Cuomo storm for a few more years and why would Canjo even consider it, when their taxes would surely increase? After the Water Bill fiasco they'd never want to enter into something that would make their school taxes go up, too.
georgebates

Canajoharie, NY

#4 Mar 27, 2013
would this cause a hike in school taxes? if so then i vote no but they are gonna do what they want anyhow, i just heard this are they actually considering it? where would they put the kids
itme

Canajoharie, NY

#5 Mar 27, 2013
no canjo is a better school
Bigger better faster more

Danielson, CT

#6 Mar 27, 2013
Going cheapo on taxes is short sighted. We need to stimulate spending and consumption to get this economy going. Instead of consolidating school districts, we should create a new one with brand new schools and an Olympic size pool. Don't worry about all the borrowing necessary to achieve this or tax hikes. All this growth will generate new tax revenue streams that will pay for everything. Don't be an old fusspot held hostage by Iranians. It's morning in America.
queen bee

Canajoharie, NY

#7 Mar 28, 2013
Bigger better faster more wrote:
Going cheapo on taxes is short sighted. We need to stimulate spending and consumption to get this economy going. Instead of consolidating school districts, we should create a new one with brand new schools and an Olympic size pool. Don't worry about all the borrowing necessary to achieve this or tax hikes. All this growth will generate new tax revenue streams that will pay for everything. Don't be an old fusspot held hostage by Iranians. It's morning in America.
you ignorant self centered big mouthed jack ass who do you think you are?? my taxes are already sky high! i am far from cheapo.. i work forty hrs a wk plus..i struggle just like everyone else and the last thing i need is to get a bigger tax bill in the mail ...im not old im 32 and im not a fuss pot i have children in the fp school district...i hoe i see you in a school board meeting i would like to see you say this to my face...you coward
Bigger better faster more

Danielson, CT

#8 Mar 28, 2013
queen bee wrote:
<quoted text>you ignorant self centered big mouthed jack ass who do you think you are?? my taxes are already sky high! i am far from cheapo.. i work forty hrs a wk plus..i struggle just like everyone else and the last thing i need is to get a bigger tax bill in the mail ...im not old im 32 and im not a fuss pot i have children in the fp school district...i hoe i see you in a school board meeting i would like to see you say this to my face...you coward
How much do you weigh?
queen bee

Canajoharie, NY

#9 Mar 29, 2013
Bigger better faster more wrote:
<quoted text>
How much do you weigh?
less than you im positive about that you fat ass
Porkbutt

Danielson, CT

#10 Mar 29, 2013
We need a new swimming pool and athletic fields with the latest Syn-turf surfaces. Also a new fleet of buses. And the hard working teachers should get more staff and raises.
Jake the Snake

Fort Meade, FL

#11 Mar 31, 2013
Canjo is in deep dodo when the BeechNut tears those building down. And they are almost out of money, Canjo needs Fort Plain much more than Canjo realizes.
Gaping Hole

Danielson, CT

#12 Mar 31, 2013
Beech nut really stuck it to those parasites. Them bastids
beech-nut

Canajoharie, NY

#14 Apr 30, 2013
I hate to tell you but beech-nut is still paying taxes wether buildings or not it's called LAND tax.I know how smart you ppl are but (bastids)What is that Lol.
Resident Evil

Wilbraham, MA

#15 Apr 30, 2013
What a shame that the residents of Canajoharie now have to pay water bills equivalent to other communities in the valley.....boo hoo!!!!
yager

Pulaski, NY

#16 May 2, 2013
if fort plain is so great put in your own pool and stay out of canjo's we don't need welfare sum in our water dirting it up.
Trouser Snake

Bronx, NY

#17 May 2, 2013
That's a pool? I thought it was a toilet for welfare people.
ole timer

Pulaski, NY

#18 May 3, 2013
Should Canajoharie and Fort Plain merge? I believe
they should. However, I feel that even years ago
when there was talk about a merger, the adminis-
tration at the two schools didn't really back
a merger. A prime example of this is the shared
use of the Canajoharie pool. No matter what you
think of the Canajoharie pool, it is paid for
by the Canajoharie taxpayers.(it did have an
expensive renovation several years ago) If the
two schools don't want to merge, then don't
merge programs, i.e. don't allow students from
Fort Plain to be on the "swim team" or to use
the pool. Don't have a merged wrestling team or
any other merged programs. Either have a com-
plete merger or have no partial mergers. This
may sound a little harsh, but allowing Fort
Plain to pick and choose what they would like
merged and what don't want merged hurts the
possibility of a total merger. To sum it up,
Fort Plain, if you want your athletes to be
on a swim team either merge completely or use
your own pool.
Irving Goldfarb

Bronx, NY

#19 May 4, 2013
Merge Smerge. Whatever they do will be the excuse for raising my property taxes beyond what I can afford. No one can save us from fiscal irresponsibilities of previous administrations or overly generous retirement packages that we have to pay for ad nasuem, et cetera, so on and so forth.

And another thing. There are a lot of bums in this town who don't have jobs and collect welfare. They are big fatsos that wear what look like pajamas and have tattoos and bizarre haircuts. These are the parents of the children of these very expensive schools with swimming pools and golf courses. Somehow, I don't think all of this is sustainable by relying on retirees to foot the bill. I think that it would be a good idea for me to move someplace a little cheaper like China or Easter Island.
peg

Montgomery, AL

#20 May 8, 2013
Irving Goldfarb wrote:
Merge Smerge. Whatever they do will be the excuse for raising my property taxes beyond what I can afford. No one can save us from fiscal irresponsibilities of previous administrations or overly generous retirement packages that we have to pay for ad nasuem, et cetera, so on and so forth.
And another thing. There are a lot of bums in this town who don't have jobs and collect welfare. They are big fatsos that wear what look like pajamas and have tattoos and bizarre haircuts. These are the parents of the children of these very expensive schools with swimming pools and golf courses. Somehow, I don't think all of this is sustainable by relying on retirees to foot the bill. I think that it would be a good idea for me to move someplace a little cheaper like China or Easter Island.
I have recently moved to another state. I dri ve around and observe the place and wonder why it is neat and there aren't people who obviously don't work all over the streets....This is not rocket science but the difference is JOBS!!!! And leadership in the municipalities here constantly search out companies who will come here.In my opinion,Our NYS government did NY a great disservice by not being proactive the minute our manufacturing started to leave...I'm talking 50 yrs ago....You are right about FP (and other small communities) running out of tax payers...It's one way or the other:Jobs and people who care or absentee landlords and non-workers.
Chief Firewater

Danielson, CT

#21 May 8, 2013
Ugh!
This is the karma you deserve. Hundreds of years ago Whitey come in hordes to steal our land after making treaties stating they would not take our land. So we put a curse on you. Now you are all getting fat and lazy. No work. Drink firewater and hump fatsos. Your longhouses are rundown and need paint. Bums and winos sleep in the street. Soon we come back and throw you out.
Ugh!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Plain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fort plain schoolboard against veterans 28 min Patton 3
adrienne girl 43 min Doobie 6
aj lamont 1 hr mr man 14
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 10 hr jthartford 6,435
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 12 hr dissapointed 16,787
FortPlain Boycott Wed pig sniffer 5
a girl named tiffany Sep 16 The girl named Ti... 4
•••
•••
Fort Plain Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Fort Plain Jobs

•••
•••
•••