Mayor of Fort Plain
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Citizen Kane

Pottstown, PA

#1 Jun 25, 2009
Whats up with all these rumors about Guy Barton ?
meandmyself

Pittsfield, MA

#2 Jul 7, 2009
it is fort plain people talk and if the story is not a good one they make it up now only if they get jobs and put that mind power to work for money than to make up bs or spread it
who you want me to be

Syracuse, NY

#3 Jul 11, 2009
Rumors ???? The idiot brought all this on himself.He is the biggest joke of a mayor and Fort Plain residents ought to be ashamed to even give him a title.Maybe the state ought to walk in and check the books of this so called money hungry idiot and see where all his monies have come from.HEY BARTON....why is it your house that you live in doesnt look any different than the ones you have rented out and collected HUD and WELFARE funds from? Could it be you had to support your harem in Cooperstown and Richfield...lmao.
justme

Pittsfield, MA

#4 Jul 14, 2009
from what i see mr barton has been one of the better mayors this town has had. or we could get that fat pig back who was realy the boss hogg type. his privite life has nothing to do with him being mayor so whho cares if he had woman on the side.
i will vote for him again
Citizen Kane

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#5 Jul 25, 2009
So the rumors are true....
who you want me to be

Long Eddy, NY

#6 Jul 25, 2009
Everything you hear regarding the crooked bald headed fat man who lives in the dump near the creek is TRUE. His own son is the one who flat out ratted his ass out to his mom. She is a rag but no woman deserves to be cheated on.
justme

Pittsfield, MA

#8 Aug 3, 2009
no no woman should be cheated on but at the same time he is human and as far as i see he is a good mayor better than some in the past in in towns around us it was not his office but his privite life
Anonymous

Troy, NY

#9 Aug 25, 2009
Guy Barton is the reason Fort Plain is the way it is. Excuse me "JUST ME" but what makes him a good mayor? Is it his welfare houses? Is it his encouragement of welfare? It is his basic neglect for look of town? Is it his disregard for the nonwelfare recipients of the town? Is it the lack of structure that he provides? Sorry Just me but i beg to differ. He is a scumlord adulterer who has run the town into the ground. I am a soon to be non resident of fort plain in 3 weeks. This is due to the disregard for Parking in the town. We had parking but it was taken away to be given to the snowmobilers in the winter, who by the way run the town and ride on the wrong side of the road. After numerous complaints and frivelous parking tickets which the town/mayor refuse to consider frivelous, I am moving. Which I made clear to the mayor. Just because he put a fancy pavilion in the middle of town does not make him a good mayor. By the way look into how much tax payers paid for that pavilion, RIDICULOUS!! Just me please tell me what he has done for the town that makes him a good mayor. I'm sorry but I dont find Barton's Bubbles that enticing. Good luck with this town because we are out!!!
madmirth

Troy, NY

#10 Aug 31, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
Guy Barton is the reason Fort Plain is the way it is. Excuse me "JUST ME" but what makes him a good mayor? Is it his welfare houses? Is it his encouragement of welfare? It is his basic neglect for look of town? Is it his disregard for the nonwelfare recipients of the town? Is it the lack of structure that he provides? Sorry Just me but i beg to differ. He is a scumlord adulterer who has run the town into the ground. I am a soon to be non resident of fort plain in 3 weeks. This is due to the disregard for Parking in the town. We had parking but it was taken away to be given to the snowmobilers in the winter, who by the way run the town and ride on the wrong side of the road. After numerous complaints and frivelous parking tickets which the town/mayor refuse to consider frivelous, I am moving. Which I made clear to the mayor. Just because he put a fancy pavilion in the middle of town does not make him a good mayor. By the way look into how much tax payers paid for that pavilion, RIDICULOUS!! Just me please tell me what he has done for the town that makes him a good mayor. I'm sorry but I dont find Barton's Bubbles that enticing. Good luck with this town because we are out!!!
Well, if you're moving because of parking tickets, good for you. One thing Guy has done is get a store in your town, I know he worked very hard to get a grocery store in Fort Plain after the Big M moved out.
Anonymous

Troy, NY

#11 Sep 3, 2009
madmirth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you're moving because of parking tickets, good for you. One thing Guy has done is get a store in your town, I know he worked very hard to get a grocery store in Fort Plain after the Big M moved out.
Did you actually read what I wrote? Parking tickets are icing on the shit cake my friend. Also are you being serious about the whole grocery store thing? I seriously would not be impressed with them bringing in a Save A Lot. Maybe a bigger grocery store chain but by no means save a lot. He just made eating alot more affordable for his welfare houses. I went into that grocery store and saw the cashier who had a hurt foot walking around with no shoe on. BEWARE. But as for Guy Barton supplying the town with a grocery store im not impressed.
justme

Pittsfield, MA

#12 Sep 4, 2009
i am against the snow riders also but in the winter they do bring alittle biz to town. never saw one of his buildings in my life. and as for his personal life not my problem. and how did you lose your parking to them did they take your land for it if it was not you property you did not lose any thing and a save alot is better than no food store. and in this economy every body is hurting. as for guy is is a way better mayor than the fat slob that was here. fort plain may not be the best place but it is far from the worst place to live. saftey wise this is haven compaired to some places
Anonymous

Troy, NY

#13 Sep 10, 2009
Ok where to begin. The snowmobilers are a major inconvenience to the people who have to deal with them. When you live on the other side of town ya it seems cute to see a vehicle on the sidewalk but no to the people who have to use those sidewalks. My main issue is the town provides certain areas for people who rent in the village to have a place park when the apartment they live in does not provide it. Now the town has taken away that parking from the people who live in the village and handed over to snowmobilers who may or may not even live in this town. The solution to this by Mr. Guy Barton is to park in the middle of town now by the post office which is half a mile from my apartment building. My answer back to him "Is that a serious answer" to which i received no response. If the town does not want to provide parking then why live in the town. They can use the great revenue they make from snowmobilers to try and make up for the rent people are losing because people are sick of dealing with ridiculous crap. Your right it's not my land as you put it. But a town has certain responsibilites to the renters of the town as well as the homeowners. But yes I did lose something and that is a place to park in the middle of winter when you cannot park on the street. You keep saying compared to other places as far as it being a good place to live. Where are you comparing it to? This isnt the bronx obviously sweetheart but for a small town you would think they could control it a little bit better.
justme

Pittsfield, MA

#14 Sep 11, 2009
i do agree they should not be on the side walks i my self have been almost hit on river st by them but the cops did come and give a ticket to the in stwearts. the thing is i do not think the town has much say on the bike path it self but yes they should ride to the side of road with trafic
hadenough

Pittsfield, MA

#15 Sep 21, 2009
Come on people, do you really think Guy is doing a good job? How many businesses has he brought to town since he became mayor. I believe he ran on a platform of bringing businesses to town. All I see are more empty stores and more welfare people who don't add anything to this town. To me they are a drain on the rest of us who have enough pride in ourseleves to get a job.

Since: Sep 09

Durhamville, NY

#16 Sep 22, 2009
Citizen Kane wrote:
Whats up with all these rumors about Guy Barton ?
What are the rumors?
madmirth

Troy, NY

#17 Sep 25, 2009
hadenough wrote:
How many businesses has he brought to town since he became mayor. I believe he ran on a platform of bringing businesses to town. All I see are more empty stores and more welfare people who don't add anything to this town. To me they are a drain on the rest of us who have enough pride in ourseleves to get a job.
Let's see, Save-A-Lot, Canal St Pub, Suzies Deli, 4 seasons stove, BellaDonna's Closet, kept Curtis Lumber after the flood, I'm sure there's more. A couple others opened, but didn't succeed. Are you not happy with any of these? What type of businesses are you looking for? What are your suggestions? And how can you be upset with the town not offering residential parking, when you move into an apartment that has NO parking available. I have lived in apartments before, and I always ask about parking before I rented. Everywhere I have been had some kind of lot or off street parking. Public parking, everywhere I have seen, has been for the business district of a town to alleviate traffic and limited street parking near businesses, making it easier for people to go to these business so that they can turn a profit, and not be a 'drain' on you.
You sound like these welfare recipients where things are 'owed' to you by the gov, because you weren't smart enough to find an apartment with parking.
polly

North Adams, MA

#18 Sep 27, 2009
Madmirth.you took the words out of my mouth...The renter should have inquired of available parking prior to renting. I think she probably parked by the trail,across from Prime's,and THOUGHT it was ok. That prop. belongs to the village and was recently paved as an access to the bike path. She probably got a ticket for being there over 72 hrs? I'm not sure but it's something that could eventually be straightened out by "leaning" on the village board for a decision. I like the stores we have but wish our Mayor wasn't so messy with his bldgs. I think he should set an example to other landlords.
hadenough

Pittsfield, MA

#19 Sep 27, 2009
Ok, I'll give Guy credit for those businesses, but I never said anything about the parking situation for tenants living in the village, so I don't know where you came up with that one. I did complain about the number of welfare recipients living in the village, and I do have a problem with absentee landlords who don't keep after the condition of their properties. A prime example of this is the house on Rt. 163 at the bottom of Clinton Ave. He guts the house, takes out all the windows, & then boards it all up because he runs out of money. Now the pace is up for sale and who in their right mind is going to buy a house that looks like a dump? Of course, when you have a Mayor whose own house could use a coat of paint, why should I expect anyone else to keep their places up when he obviously sets the standard. It's not like he can't afford to do it, just look at all the money he has spent over the last 10 yrs at his motel along the lake on the way to Cooperstown. I personally feel it's time for him as Mayor to start setting a better example when it comes to attracting other businesses & people to this village. I have had more people comment on the appearance of Hancock St. and some of the homes as you drive into Town, and how rundown a lot of these places look. Where is the incentive for anyone to want to either move here or start a business?
ANONYMOUS

Schenectady, NY

#20 Sep 28, 2009
Ok ladies calm your skirts. Yes I did inquire about parking before I got the apartment. So yes shame on me. But without people like me willing to deal with those things there would be no residents in that building and hence no revenue for the landlord or the village. Oh and MADMIRTH you are ignorant. Seriously I was one of the people in the village not living off of the system. My husband and I worked damn hard and for someone to assume they know me and my situation on a blog site once again makes you ignorant. Maybe you should think before you speak unless you are not an adult and of course are ignorant. The parking situation once again was not the only issue there were several. But we have sinced moved to Johnstown to our new home. Which I made known to the mayor who couldnt do away with a 25 dollar ticket. But whatever you love Guy Barton so much why dont you go sleep with him like that other skank did. Real great mayor.
Rusty Jordan

Durhamville, NY

#21 Sep 28, 2009
Let's see someone else run. Helping make Fort Plain a better, nicer village is not easy. I am not defending Guy Barton, however who else wants to give it a try? Any better ideas would help. Give good ideas now and maybe you can be voted in someday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Plain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minden tax going up 72% January 2016 (Oct '15) 2 hr you must live wit... 12
Bulling in Fort Plain Schools 23 hr BWayne 6
I need a gay guy that will take it up the ass Sun time to ride 5
The kretser boys Sun Iwantthem 26
F@#k the Kretser boys Sat OneLife 4
Gary Sweet (Feb '13) Feb 23 scum 62
Gotta have a 12 in d!ck Feb 23 LostBoi 1

Fort Plain Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance