Hollywood woman killed when she is hi...

Hollywood woman killed when she is hit by bus on I-95 in St. Lu...

There are 18 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 19, 2007, titled Hollywood woman killed when she is hit by bus on I-95 in St. Lu.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

A Hollywood resident died Sunday morning when she was hit by a bus on Interstate 95 following a one-vehicle wreck that ejected her from her SUV, according to a Florida Highway Patrol report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

John Boom

Seattle, WA

#1 Mar 19, 2007
How many people have to die before they start wearing their seatbelt? I guess if someone is so stupid then they are just asking for it.
GUESS WHO

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#2 Mar 19, 2007
Everything hoppens bayou in Port St. Lucie.
Herman

Jupiter, FL

#6 Mar 19, 2007
While I do not believe that government should restrict our freedoms including requiring that we wear seatbelts, this is just another example of why intelligent people always choose to wear one.
TwoEvils

Louisville, KY

#7 Mar 19, 2007
No seatbelt? Stupid! When will people learn?
Paul Of Oakland Park

United States

#9 Mar 19, 2007
I had a State Trooper tell me once, "I've never had to unbuckle a dead man."
Geena

United States

#11 Mar 19, 2007
We have to wear seatbelts which is of utmost importance but helmets for motorcyclists are optional. Smart isn't it?
Moe

Miami, FL

#14 Mar 19, 2007
Ford SUV.......do you suppose the tire shredded?
Everyone should wear the seatbelt, but Ford SUV's are notorious for this.
The Kooch

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 Mar 19, 2007
I'll bet anything that the bus was exceeding the posted speed limit. Enforcement of speeding buses and tractor trailers should be the FHP's highest priority.
JMR

Vero Beach, FL

#16 Mar 19, 2007
Splat. No seatbelt.... duh! Another example of the Darwin principle.
uneducated

Hollywood, FL

#17 Mar 19, 2007
Herman wrote:
While I do not believe that government should restrict our freedoms including requiring that we wear seatbelts, this is just another example of why intelligent people always choose to wear one.
THIS is the reason why the government requires us to wear our SEATBELTS! If it wasn't required their would be a lot more STUPID people not wearing them!
uneducated

Hollywood, FL

#18 Mar 19, 2007
Geena wrote:
We have to wear seatbelts which is of utmost importance but helmets for motorcyclists are optional. Smart isn't it?
I NEVER understood that!! It makes no sence!
Amused

United States

#19 Mar 19, 2007
Geena wrote:
We have to wear seatbelts which is of utmost importance but helmets for motorcyclists are optional. Smart isn't it?
Even tho I always wear a helmet while riding my motorcycle...it's been shown that they reduce vision and hearing,the two most important senses we all use while driving. Ooops,Pardon me, I thought we were driving and NOT watching the DVD player mounted on the dashboard.
Sick -N-Tired

United States

#20 Mar 19, 2007
uneducated wrote:
<quoted text>
I NEVER understood that!! It makes no sence!
The only thing a motorcycle helmet means is open or closed casket!
Family Friend Shay

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 Mar 20, 2007
You people are rediculious! A mother of three kids dies and all you can do is be negative. Once the family members of Latrelle read what you guys have posted how will they react? And for the person who says "Latrelle, no wonder", what does her name have to do with it. Bob, Roberts, and Williams are all white rapist and murders and you are not sterotyped. If it was your family member or your loved one you wouldn't say those things. Now if you are really bold and don't have to hide through the internet leave your information to where the family can contact you.
Now about the whole seatbealt comments. I can almost gaurantee that NONE of you guys wear yours. But you feel the need to downtalk a black mother of three with her own business and who took well care of her children. Get a life and grow up. The world we live in is so cruel and it's because of judgemental people like all of you who had something negative to say about this woman. Thanks for thinking of her children, her husband, and family that will read all that you NEGATIVE people with no hearts had to say.
Just imagine if it was your mom, your daughter, your grandmother, your niece, your sibling, or a close friend of yours. Would you want to log on to the internet and virtually see that people who didn't even know you or your family member saying nothing but negative things about their deceased one. I wouldn't because I would be devasated that someone was lost in such an unforturnate manner.
Besides I was thought, "If you don't have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all."
FYI: People who wear seatbelts die too. You can get caught in a seatbelt and then what.
Now to that trooper: You can't unbuckle a dead person when CSI does it. All you do is paper trail and ticket people who don't need to be ticketed. If the troopers do there jobs and people use common sense when driving then things would be a heck of a lot better.
But after reading what I have read today, I know that racism and ignorance is a virtue that 85% of the world will ever be free of. We as a people need to help each other and stop the bull! We will never amount to anything if people continue to be as ignorant as the negative people who have listed comments about this girl's unforunate death.
FYI: I know the family and I give them my condolences. Stay strong and you all will get through this.
Family Friend Shay

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#22 Mar 20, 2007
Jill wrote:
No seat belt, no wonder.
I never thought i would read such ignorance online about someone's death. If you don't have anything positive to say then keep you mouth closed!
Family Friend Shay

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#23 Mar 20, 2007
Paul Of Oakland Park wrote:
"Latrell", say no more.
What about her name? Is it that she's black? Dang, no one has anything to say about Scott.

FYI: Scott Peterson he killed his wife and baby and guess what he's white! So what difference does it make.

She didn't go out and plot a brutal murder. She was in an unfortunate accident and died. Shs also left her three children and a family who loves her more than words can express.

DOn't sterotype people. It's not fair judgement and you are not God.
uneducated

Hollywood, FL

#24 Mar 20, 2007
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Even tho I always wear a helmet while riding my motorcycle...it's been shown that they reduce vision and hearing,the two most important senses we all use while driving. Ooops,Pardon me, I thought we were driving and NOT watching the DVD player mounted on the dashboard.
Ooops, there it is! Another problem we need to resolve! Thank you for that infor. Be SAFE!

Since: Mar 07

AOL

#25 Mar 29, 2007
Family Friend Shay wrote:
You people are rediculious! A mother of three kids dies and all you can do is be negative. Once the family members of Latrelle read what you guys have posted how will they react? And for the person who says "Latrelle, no wonder", what does her name have to do with it. Bob, Roberts, and Williams are all white rapist and murders and you are not sterotyped. If it was your family member or your loved one you wouldn't say those things. Now if you are really bold and don't have to hide through the internet leave your information to where the family can contact you.
Now about the whole seatbealt comments. I can almost gaurantee that NONE of you guys wear yours. But you feel the need to downtalk a black mother of three with her own business and who took well care of her children. Get a life and grow up. The world we live in is so cruel and it's because of judgemental people like all of you who had something negative to say about this woman. Thanks for thinking of her children, her husband, and family that will read all that you NEGATIVE people with no hearts had to say.
Just imagine if it was your mom, your daughter, your grandmother, your niece, your sibling, or a close friend of yours. Would you want to log on to the internet and virtually see that people who didn't even know you or your family member saying nothing but negative things about their deceased one. I wouldn't because I would be devasated that someone was lost in such an unforturnate manner.
Besides I was thought, "If you don't have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all."
FYI: People who wear seatbelts die too. You can get caught in a seatbelt and then what.
Now to that trooper: You can't unbuckle a dead person when CSI does it. All you do is paper trail and ticket people who don't need to be ticketed. If the troopers do there jobs and people use common sense when driving then things would be a heck of a lot better.
But after reading what I have read today, I know that racism and ignorance is a virtue that 85% of the world will ever be free of. We as a people need to help each other and stop the bull! We will never amount to anything if people continue to be as ignorant as the negative people who have listed comments about this girl's unforunate death.
FYI: I know the family and I give them my condolences. Stay strong and you all will get through this.
I agree with you!!! How cold and calus most of these remarks are. Is being so hateful to a dead woman helping her? Idiots!!! Do you really realize what you are saying? She's dead, nothing you say about a seatbelt will help her now!!! Nuckleheads.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Pierce Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
transgender employees Jun 22 pink at heart 3
Becoming a real estate sales associate Jun 21 Missy 1
News After Gay Club Massacre - Phoenix LGBT Official... Jun 15 okimar 32
Who Knows Omar Mateen Jun 12 Preacher Man 1
Vote For Donald Trump Jun 4 trumpydump 4
News Donna Deegan (Nov '07) May '16 John wtf 137
News Art by 'Florida Highwaymen' on display in Montr... May '16 LAVON AFFAIR 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Pierce Mortgages