Port St. Lucie no longer safest in Florida

Full story: Palm Beach Post

Port St. Lucie is "Florida's safest city" no more. After a seven-year stretch with the lowest crime rate among populations higher than 75,000, Port St.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
anonymous

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2006

Judged:

We have lived in PSL for 4 years coming from the North. We moved to this particular neighborhood 1 year ago after building a new house. We know why PSL has a low crime rate...it is because the police here never take a report. We witnessed our neighbors dealing drugs out of their house and went directly to the police station to report it. Not only did they not take a report, they told us to go to a different station. Nothing ever became of the drug dealing. We went to the other station, and still no report was taken. We called another time when our house was vandalized by kids with paintballs. They did send a patrol car but still no report was taken. The officer instead advised us to have security cameras installed outside our home. PLEASE!!!
crazy 6

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2006

Judged:

does anybody know richie and margret fallon in port st lucie? any info would be helpful thanks.
MIDNITEANGEL

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2006

Judged:

That is very strange indeed. We moved here to PSL 5 yrs ago. Our best friend is a cop here. Write me at forevervocal@hotmail.com, put PSL in the subject.
You are right

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2006

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
We have lived in PSL for 4 years coming from the North. We moved to this particular neighborhood 1 year ago after building a new house. We know why PSL has a low crime rate...it is because the police here never take a report. We witnessed our neighbors dealing drugs out of their house and went directly to the police station to report it. Not only did they not take a report, they told us to go to a different station. Nothing ever became of the drug dealing. We went to the other station, and still no report was taken. We called another time when our house was vandalized by kids with paintballs. They did send a patrol car but still no report was taken. The officer instead advised us to have security cameras installed outside our home. PLEASE!!!
I'm not sure what is going on but I know you are very right! I have heard numerous stories of people who have been brushed off by the police even when dangerous situations have occured. What about the home invasions that happened just a couple of months ago? Why wasn't that all over the news? It seems as if they are trying to protect an image by sweeping things under the rug at the expense of the citizens. I hate to see what this place is going to become.
waiting

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2006

Judged:

oh please 9-11 was an inside job!
rob maspeth

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2006

Judged:

waiting wrote:
oh please 9-11 was an inside job!
another clinton kool-aid drinker how sad.
no more snow

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2007

Judged:

what are the property taxes and hourly wages in port st.lucie,fla
FTPIERCE

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2007

Judged:

PSL police are only good for road patrol. Good money for just driving around for 8 hrs. though.
ClubAtStLucieWes tRes

Port Saint Lucie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
I am sorry to say, nothing has changed! I have been calling into the police for 9 months now, and they tell me I have to keep calling in to elevate a problem with dogs attacking me at my door that are not on a leash! They swear they keep a log, but when I phone in, the next time, they tell me they have no prior record on this complaint! I am leaving this area -- it is trashy at this complex because owners are struggling to keep renters, so they will take anyone, and I mean anyone!
Riverranch

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2008

Judged:

The element moving to PSL leaves a lot to be desired. If you know what I mean.
annonymous II

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

Judged:

You are worried about the filing reports? I have lived in PSL for over 20 years. I have found that the PSL Police are the ones that you need to look out for. If they decide to arrest you,(even if you didn't do anything wrong), you will be arrested and their fellow officers have and will protect their brothers in blue. You have no recourse, the internal investigations are a sham. If I didn't have the seniority I had at my job I would move.
Leroy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

The Blacks are ruining it for everyone in PSL
Reggin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2008

Judged:

Riverranch wrote:
The element moving to PSL leaves a lot to be desired. If you know what I mean.
I hear ya, It's those "sreggin", you know, "Canadians", "Third Base Coaches"!
love

Stuart, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2008

Judged:

Leroy wrote:
The Blacks are ruining it for everyone in PSL
you need not say such foolish things . there are plenty black and latino people who are professionals and most likely making more money than you and living " proper " i feel that the youth population has grown in this neighborhood and are part of the cause of all this extra drama ' but there is no perfect place cause there is no perfect people / person so find a way to live .

Since: Sep 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

UMMMM LOTS OF NEWYORKERS IN PTSTLUCIE THE MAYOR IS A SHAME IS A WOMAN OF QUESTIONABLE JUDGEMENT AS WELL AS THE DEPARTING POLICE CHIEF AIDERS AND ABBETTORS IN A CRIME COMMITTED AGAINST MY CHILDREN MR SKINNER REFUSED TO SEE ME OR HEAR MY GRIVANCE I HAVE AMPLE EVIDENCE TO PROOF WRONG DOING BY HIS OFFICERS YET MY CHILDREN MOLESTED AND ABUSED BECAUSE THEY PARTOOK IN A CRIME KNOWINGLLY THEY ARE AVOVE THE LAW GOT SHALL VISIT THEY DEED ON THEIR HOUSE YOU SEE EVERY ONE THAT PARTOOK ONE BY ONE I SEE THEM FALL LORD THEY GAVE US NO JUSTICE EVEN CALLED ME A BIG BLACK MAN THEY ARE AFFRAID OF YOU; SOME LAME EXCUSE TO VIOLATE THE LAWS WELL THEY BUDDY NOW EX FORT PIERCE PO DEWIGHT TOOMS IS GOING TO COURT ON OCT 06 THE SAME POLICEMAN THAT IN CONCERT WITH MR SKINNERS BOYS FRAMED ME AND COMMITED PERJURY THE SAME MAN THAT TOLD ME ILL TAKE YOUR CHILDREN AND DID YOUR TRUCK AND DID YOUR MONEY AND DID YOUR LIFE ILL RUNN YOU OUT OF TOWN; WELL AM HERE AND GOD DELIVERED MR TOOMS TOO YOUSEE HE SEXUALLY MOLESTED AND ASSOULTED A MINOR AT THE SAME BEACH MY LATE WIFE AND MY BOYS USED TO GO AND PLAY POETIC JUSTICE AND DIVINE INTERVENTION;HE CONFESED AND ATTEMPTED TO CORRUPT AN OTHER OFFICER TO LIE FOR HIM; WELL IF MR BEACH AND THE CHIEF AND CITY COUNCIL IN FORT PIERCE HAD DONE SOMETHING ABOUT OFFICER TOOMS THAT WHITE GIRL WOULD HAVE NOT BEEN ONE MORE VICTIM OF SOME OF THE UNSAVORY OFFICERS IN THIS COUNTY BUT THEN CRIME DONT PAY WE KNOW THAT;THE FEW THAT ARE CHANGING THE CUALITY OF LIFE THERE WILL SOON BE GONE.
PRAY GOD WILL DELIVER.

Since: Sep 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

annonymous II wrote:
You are worried about the filing reports? I have lived in PSL for over 20 years. I have found that the PSL Police are the ones that you need to look out for. If they decide to arrest you,(even if you didn't do anything wrong), you will be arrested and their fellow officers have and will protect their brothers in blue. You have no recourse, the internal investigations are a sham. If I didn't have the seniority I had at my job I would move.
I GOT PLETY OF PROOF OF THAT SIR BEEN THERE DONE THAT GOT ARRESTED AND LOKED UP ALL FOR A COVER UP BY THEM AND FP PD AND SHERRIFF OFFICE I GOT THE PROOF I KNOW.
Annonymous 3

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Judged:

If you have enough money, the Port ST Lucie police will have anyone you want arrested.
disillusioned resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

Judged:

i'm glad i found these blogs and am grateful we're only renting, seems psl is rapidly going further down hill and we made a huge error in moving to this place - nasty neighbor(s), corrupt public servers (police, government, etc), no jobs now, and a TERRIFYING school district - some prime examples include hiring of child molestering teachers, elementary students having sex in school restrooms, high school students urinating all over the school restroom walls, and now weapons on buses and in schools and the district doesn't want metal detectors to protect the innocent! many schools across the country use them, the district is too busy trying to cover up everything, we've seen all this happen in less than a year!- no wonder this place is losing enrollment, all the smart ones are leaving - bye!
Port St Lucie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2009

Judged:

I live in psl. I live by the tulp area where there is a lot of crime every day from pizza man robbery to shootings. Its hard see happing but this is the truth. The Psl police do what every they want in st. luice its the polices reason the city to turn shitty. But thats there problem beacuse the gotta deal the crimes we all do.
Roger the Shrubber

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

Judged:

PSL was a nice sleepy little town until it was invaded by lowlife from Broward, Dade,and Palm Beach counties. Now it's gone to hell in a lot of areas. A damned shame. A lot of the scumbags have left the area due to foreclosure, but now we have empty homes in every neighborhood being broken into and trashed by the scumbag kids that are still here. Things will not change until we have a real job base here and people have a reason to buy the forclosures and live here again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fort Pierce Discussions

Search the Fort Pierce Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Port St. Lucie, FL (Aug '10) Thu Jay 143
Oyster reef restoration "up and coming" in lago... Jul 6 handfree 1
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Jul 4 the protected species 2,911
The Penthouse WZZR (Mar '12) Jul 1 Sayitaintso 6
9/11 charity founder could face charges (Oct '12) Jul 1 Sayitaintso 15
Former Port St. Lucie City Manager Greg Oravec ... Jul 1 Sayitaintso 9
Teen arrested in Ft. Pierce homicides Jun 30 Anonymous 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fort Pierce Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••