Is Ft. Pierce a nice place to live to...

Is Ft. Pierce a nice place to live today?

Posted in the Fort Pierce Forum

Moving to Florida

United States

#1 Jan 2, 2012
I plan on moving to Florida soon and was wondering if Ft. Pierce or Port St. Lucie is a nice place to live overall? I see some naysayers on this forum from a few months ago saying the Sheriffs Dept. is kind of corrupt or lazy? And others saying thugs are moving into the area and ruining it?

Is it only a certain area or the entire place?

If it's not safe, what other places around the central east cost of Florida are roughly safe to live in?
Moved from Va

Tuscaloosa, AL

#2 Feb 12, 2012
Since moving here, I've found the small older cities are the best. But still, check the crime stats first. Fort Pierce is a wonderful little city, as long as you live in the right area. I found Pt. St. Lucie to be more commercial and much more traffic than Ft. Pierce. If smaller, quieter and older is your preference, than Ft. Pierce would be best. We chose Ft. Pierce over the larger cities, and I don't regret it. All cities have their bad areas. Check out the website Trulia. If you type in an address, or area, you can get a lot of info including the crime stats. And remember, bad news about a city is always out there, but the good news is often not talked about. So, here's you some good news about Fort Pierce.

Denton, TX

#3 Mar 1, 2012
just stay out of the black and Mexican/Spanish areas and you will be good

Since: Feb 12

United States

#4 Mar 3, 2012
You are considering moving to Fort Pierce on purpose ?! Go a little further south to Stuart or ideally Jupiter

Laurel, MD

#5 Dec 26, 2013
Latino communities salvdoran and guatemalan are the best foods and people so u should move to fort pierce florida

Saint Petersburg, FL

#6 Jan 7, 2014
I live in Fort Pierce south just a couple miles north of PSL abd couldnt be happier. Im in PSL all tye tine abd agree its more commercial. But overall St. Lucie County isnt a bad place to live at all.

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#7 Jan 10, 2014
I just moved my family here about 11 weeks ago and we love living in Port St Lucie West. There is always things to see, things to do and activities for our children.

I'm U.S Army (Retired) and my wife is a retired cop, so you understand that we did a LOT of research before we chose this area to move to.

United States

#8 Mar 7, 2014
Yea, dont move there, trashy ass people. If youre rich, people look at you weird, as if they know that you are rich, & that just means theyll wanna rob you. If you do move here, dont say I didnt warn you when you go back to your car from grocery shopping and everything valuable inside your car is gone.
the fort

Tucker, GA

#9 Mar 25, 2014
Fort pierce is not a bad place to live in the Spanish and black people won't mess with you unless you mess with them

Tampa, FL

#10 Apr 6, 2014
I feel really bad for someone looking for solid advice on this site. If your intellectual and can read and write this is probably not the place for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Pierce Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Upset Dad looking for 21 yr old named Dan Thu Upsetdad 2
Mental health Mar 17 carol 2
just moved here (Jun '11) Feb '18 Raine 6
News Teacher fired for racy pics lands new job as po... (Sep '09) Feb '18 Alex 19
cucumber growing Feb '18 rsabo 1
Review: St Lucie Automobile, Personal Property ... (Feb '14) Feb '18 Anonymous 5
Home alone 15 bi female (Aug '17) Dec '17 Luisfig2000 2

Fort Pierce Jobs

Personal Finance

Fort Pierce Mortgages