Exclusive: Taxpayer money allegedly misused on St. Lucie County officials' wedding reception

Sep 27, 2011 Read more: TCPalm

The county has launched an internal investigation into allegations Parks, Recreation and Facilities Director Debra Brisson misused taxpayer dollars to pay for a wedding reception for Clerk of the County Court Joe Smith and his wife, Assistant County Attorney Heather Smith, at the Havert L. Fenn Center in Fort Pierce.

Read more

Since: Sep 11

Fort Pierce

#1 Sep 28, 2011
I doubt this story is going anywhere - if there was "misused" of taxpayer dollars it was done unintentionally. All three mentioned are excellant public servants.
DavidW

Boca Raton, FL

#2 Sep 29, 2011
County Administrator Faye Outlaw on Wednesday asked for an independent investigation into the allegations. How can an audit by J Gaines be considered independent or impartial when Mr. Gaines serves on the Board of Lawnwood Hospital with Joe Smith? Conflict of interest at its finest!
Concerned citizen

Fort Pierce, FL

#3 Dec 13, 2011
Why aren't we looking into other misuse of public money. Like heating the jail in the summer and cooling the jail in the winter. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? Or is this, a new more cynical behavior to torture inmates?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Pierce Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On Valentine's Day, couple celebrates romance b... (Feb '14) 12 hr You Know Who 13
News Deputy-involved shooting in Fort Pierce Mar 27 Go Blue Forever 1
News 40-year-old son accused of Tasering mom at late... (Feb '08) Mar 18 Scrapper Keeper 111
Predator Stalks Homeless in Stuart, Florida (Jul '11) Mar 13 Penultimate 15
Debate: Marijuana - Port St. Lucie, FL (Aug '10) Mar 4 Linda5186 150
News Accident victim glad for arrest (Apr '07) Feb '15 it2t69 13
Debate: Abortion Debate - Port St. Lucie, FL (Apr '12) Feb '15 Womanwithrights 2
More from around the web

Fort Pierce People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]