Southbend residents oppose boat ramp in their Port St. Lucie neighborhood

Apr 12, 2013 Full story: TCPalm

What: PowerPoint on proposed traffic roundabout at Floresta Drive and Southbend Boulevard and C-24 Canal Park and boat ramps.

Read more
guy who lives here also

Lake Worth, FL

#1 Apr 15, 2013
I live in southbend and am for it. Those old idiots dont want our neighborhood to be beautiful. .. morons
Craig

Hollywood, FL

#2 Apr 22, 2013
guy who lives here also wrote:
I live in southbend and am for it. Those old idiots dont want our neighborhood to be beautiful... morons
I am a resident in Southbend, and far from old. However, you represent and substantiate the very reason why the boat ramp shouldn't be constructed. Why would someone invest their money on waterfront property just to have to deal with attitudes, and possible crashes because of persons such as yourself that clearly have no mind for the opinions of others? Southbend IS beautiful. Traffic along the blvd needs to be slowed down and the roundabout needs to be built.
Max

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#3 Apr 28, 2013
Let's start with the fact the waterway is PUBLIC property and those living on its edge benefit daily from it however don't have exclusive rights to its access. One on the drawbacks to living on a public waterway is . . . well the the public and if you don't like that buy a house on a private lake. Saint Lucie County has lots of boaters and very few ramps or access ares to the water. It's about time those of us without backyard access to the waterways gain new access areas. A few more parks with kayak, paddle board, and canoe access that don't require a mile long hike to the water would also be great.
Craig

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#4 Apr 29, 2013
Max wrote:
Let's start with the fact the waterway is PUBLIC property and those living on its edge benefit daily from it however don't have exclusive rights to its access. One on the drawbacks to living on a public waterway is ... well the the public and if you don't like that buy a house on a private lake. Saint Lucie County has lots of boaters and very few ramps or access ares to the water. It's about time those of us without backyard access to the waterways gain new access areas. A few more parks with kayak, paddle board, and canoe access that don't require a mile long hike to the water would also be great.
"Public" Which means it belongs to the citizenry both who want to access it and who also live in the area and have an "expected" right to due process as well as tranquility.This is about consideration as well - so by using the word "Public", you use a double-edged sword if you're going to place it in that context. Most if us who live in Southbend, do not live on a waterway, but we would like to get home to our families without the concern of some putz blocking a roadway, or a roadway backed up because of boaters. Most boat ramps are NOT situated in a residential area - they are either near commercial areas, or under bridges.This in itself is unique, and unnecessary in this area.
Chris

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#5 May 2, 2013
I too live in Southbend and wish I had made the meeting. I feel the boat ramp can be a wonderful thing. Most likely will increase our home values a bit. However, if it interferes or defeats the purpose with the round-a-bout then that could cause upset residents and a waste of money. I believe there will be a turn off lane off of Southbend...how long can it possibly be with the intersection so close? I hope they will consider also an entrance off of Floresta or Bayshore whatever they call the street at that point. Personally I am looking forward to it, and perhaps stay here and not move!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Pierce Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deputy-involved shooting in Fort Pierce Mar 27 Go Blue Forever 1
News 40-year-old son accused of Tasering mom at late... (Feb '08) Mar 18 Scrapper Keeper 111
Predator Stalks Homeless in Stuart, Florida (Jul '11) Mar 13 Penultimate 15
Debate: Marijuana - Port St. Lucie, FL (Aug '10) Mar 4 Linda5186 150
News Accident victim glad for arrest (Apr '07) Feb '15 it2t69 13
Debate: Abortion Debate - Port St. Lucie, FL (Apr '12) Feb '15 Womanwithrights 2
How do you hold PSL police responsible? Feb '15 Mindy 2
Fort Pierce Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fort Pierce People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]