Boy, 16, shot at school bus stop in F...

Boy, 16, shot at school bus stop in Fort Pierce

There are 81 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 9, 2009, titled Boy, 16, shot at school bus stop in Fort Pierce. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

A 16-year-old boy was critically injured after he was gunned down at a school bus stop this morning, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
the brainstem

Miami, FL

#1 Mar 9, 2009
Looks like the South Florida ghetto is slowly creeping north.
able

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Mar 9, 2009
unreal. is this gang intiation type shootings? these sound like people just minding thier business and end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. or are they part of a drug related violence
sandra

Jupiter, FL

#4 Mar 9, 2009
so sad, my prayers are with that little boy and his family
Homer Simpson

Hollywood, FL

#6 Mar 9, 2009
These young people need to stop killing one another," said Youngblood's uncle, Marcus Youngblood.

Why yes, yes they do.
Censor Beater

Miami, FL

#7 Mar 9, 2009
"'He always did the right thing. He wasn't no bad boy,' said Youngblood's cousin, 23-year-old Alex Youngblood."

Is there an Ebonics translator in the house?
Gatoralum

Hollywood, FL

#8 Mar 9, 2009
Lordy lordy lordy, black folk is so funny
tanner

Key West, FL

#9 Mar 9, 2009
Here we go again NRA, another senseless gun death thanks to the bullets you sell nutcases and criminals all over this country.
unngh

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Mar 9, 2009
"he wasn't no bad boy"=guilty of something.
english lesson

Schaumburg, IL

#11 Mar 9, 2009
"was not no" means "was" -
a double negative.
translation for those of us who reached 9th grade and beyond:
"he was a bad boy"
GHOST RIDER

Boca Raton, FL

#12 Mar 9, 2009
It scarey to raise children these days. None of these young guys have any balls to fight and settle things like a man. They are so quick to just go get a gun.
GHOST RIDER

Boca Raton, FL

#13 Mar 9, 2009
tanner wrote:
Here we go again NRA, another senseless gun death thanks to the bullets you sell nutcases and criminals all over this country.
The guns are already out there... Making laws against them now only takes them out of the hands of good people who want to defend themselves. Dont blame the NRA, its not their fault people do not know how to act. Everyone is always looking to put the blame on someone else.
Deshawn

West Palm Beach, FL

#14 Mar 9, 2009
Dat be crazy. He no bad, I be seeing him all up in da crib just other sun down. holla! YEAT! I be all down an crump'n wit da leg jackets all blaz'n and craz'n yall YEAT! He be good, you know what i be say'n YEAT!
Redneck

Stuart, FL

#15 Mar 9, 2009
"These young people need to stop killing one another," said Youngblood's uncle, Marcus Youngblood.
We need to kill each other before we have kids!
"Whoever it is, whoever knows something, come forward and let us resolve this because it's not right."
In other words,"I'm gonna get you sucka!"
The elder Torenda Youngblood described his son as a good kid, and said that he "stayed on him about doing good."
"You're gonna sell deez drugs and brings me da money back,jack!"
The younger Youngblood reportedly planned to enlist in the Army or Navy after finishing school.
Too bad they don't accept you after 27!
"He always did the right thing. He wasn't no bad boy," said Youngblood's cousin, 23-year-old Alex Youngblood. "He was trying to succeed.''
"And I wuz jus bout to tell him I wuz his daddy!
Suzy Q

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#16 Mar 9, 2009
doesnt matter his race or oolor or creed. he was a young man, killed on his way to school. Rest in peace and my condolences to his family. Not matter what. no parent should outlive their kids.
luvsofla

Atlanta, GA

#18 Mar 9, 2009
16 seems a little old to be in the ninth grade.
D Rap

Coral Gables, FL

#22 Mar 9, 2009
I've never been to Ft Pierce -- is it boonyville? This kid got shot at 6am -- what time do they have to be to school?
not

Hollywood, FL

#23 Mar 9, 2009
luvsofla wrote:
16 seems a little old to be in the ninth grade.
not really. lots of kids turn 16 during their 9th grade year. we are also in MARCH, so it's pretty close to the end of the school year.

kids start school at a specfic age, if they become that age right after the start date, they must wait for the next september start date.
Angry American

West Palm Beach, FL

#24 Mar 9, 2009
D Rap wrote:
I've never been to Ft Pierce -- is it boonyville? This kid got shot at 6am -- what time do they have to be to school?
Let's just put it this way. Where this guy got shot is in the section known as Alphabet Soup, to put it kindly it's a disaster. A vast wasteland of human debris.

Since: Jan 07

Coconut Grove

#25 Mar 9, 2009
the brainstem wrote:
Looks like the South Florida ghetto is slowly creeping north.
no creeping was necessary
General Custer

Bakersfield, CA

#28 Mar 9, 2009
Sounds like they need to put the fort back in Ft. Pierce

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Pierce Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Art by 'Florida Highwaymen' on display in Montr... 17 hr Jimmy Carter 2
Review: FUR Dogs Only (Jan '12) Thu Sharon 3
Evan McMullin, former CIA agent, in race agains... Thu EvanMcMullin4prez 3
Fort Pierce - America's Armpit ! Wed Dirk Diggler 1
How many guys have screwed Janetta Ball Aug 20 Boner 4
Why are the people in Port St Lucie so Rude (Sep '06) Aug 2 boogercoody 354
News Business seeking help for damages caused by algae Jul '16 Algae 1

Fort Pierce Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance