dekalb county woman Karri Willoughby bond hearing capital murder ju...

Full story: WHNT News 19 100
DeKalb County Sheriff Jimmy Harris lead Karri Willoughby into a courtroom Friday morning in Fort Payne. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Its An Obamanation

Auburn, AL

#82 Jun 20, 2010
Ruby wrote:
I don't think her supporters are condeming non-supporters. I think they are only saying to be respectful. I think some of these posts are just MEAN, cold-hearted, and ugly. Everyone has an opionion but there is really no need to be disrespectful!
She has not been convicted.
She has been indicted.
There is a difference!
Just because a grand jury indicts you does not always mean you will be found guilty. Look up Curtis Flowers in Mississippi. He was indicted by a grand jury and has still has not been found guilty (1997). Small town justice can sometimes be biased!
They've said some pretty awful things about the sheriff and the dead man's family. Look at your own last post. I don't have a dog in this fight, but I've been reading the posts. I notice her supporters come on real strong when defending her, but when ask point blank who they think did kill him they start crawfishing. Speaks volumes to me. I think they have their doubts about her but they're still hoping they aren't wrong in supporting her.
Joyce Boydston Leffew

Rossville, GA

#83 Jun 20, 2010
I've known this family since 1963. Mom and Pop Koger all the way down to Karri. Her mother and I were the best of friends. Our kids went to school together and we were at each others home all the time. The good Lord made a terrific family when he created this one.In all the years that I was living on the mt, I never heard of any of them being in trouble. Something like this never ever enter in Karri's mind. She is just not that kind of a person. Karri keep you head high and the spirits will be as high. I am praying for you each day because you are too good of a person to be in that place and away from your husband and babies...8064
just saying

Dalton, GA

#84 Jun 22, 2010
Is Karri too good of a person to steal drugs from her work place? Especially the sort of drug that could prove fatal in the wrong hands?
Its An Obamanation

Auburn, AL

#85 Jun 22, 2010
just saying wrote:
Is Karri too good of a person to steal drugs from her work place? Especially the sort of drug that could prove fatal in the wrong hands?
Apparently not.
sknay

United States

#86 Jul 2, 2010
just saying wrote:
If she hadn't stolen the drug in the first place, perhaps Mr. Shaw would still be alive....whether she was the one who actually administered the drug or not.
What proof does anyone have that she did administer the drug to Mr Shaw? If I were on the jury and the only evidence presented was that she took the drug from her employer at the request of her step-father,her financial troubles, and a lot of gossip from townsfolk, then I would vote to aquit based on no solid eveidence that she actually gave Mr. Shaw the injection.
just saying

Dalton, GA

#87 Jul 4, 2010
A REGISTERED NURSE stole this drug from her place of employment. REAL nurses do NOT steal drugs...no matter who asks for them or the reason they need the drug. That is a crime in itself! I don't know if Karri gave Mr Shaw the shot of propofol but how stupid can a person be? Even if she didn't kill him, this time in jail is time she deserves because of the theft of the drug in the first place....no matter how much she went to church and what a 'good' person she is/was. Do any of Karri's supporters support the fact that she's a thief?
Truth

Pisgah, AL

#89 Oct 6, 2010
I don't hear much news and had no idea all this was going on. I spoke with Junior a couple of days before his death. We talked about losing his wife and how he couldn't do anything. So he wouldn't have been messing with a bull. He also told me that he was scared. He said that he had gone down and talked with his accountant about changing the legal setup of his business because this lady who I don't know at all, I suppose it's his step daughter who was a nurse, was in financial trouble all the time and he was afraid she would try to get what he had. He was very candid with me about the whole deal.
Concerned

Birmingham, AL

#90 Oct 6, 2010
Truth wrote:
I don't hear much news and had no idea all this was going on. I spoke with Junior a couple of days before his death. We talked about losing his wife and how he couldn't do anything. So he wouldn't have been messing with a bull. He also told me that he was scared. He said that he had gone down and talked with his accountant about changing the legal setup of his business because this lady who I don't know at all, I suppose it's his step daughter who was a nurse, was in financial trouble all the time and he was afraid she would try to get what he had. He was very candid with me about the whole deal.
I would suggest you contact the Dekalb County District Attorney's Office.
bamajt

Ooltewah, TN

#91 Oct 6, 2010
iam in ider alot i do a lot of work there shes a good girl she didnt do shes not that kind of person they need to let her go what they doing to her is wrong they are wrong not her
bamajt

Ooltewah, TN

#92 Oct 6, 2010
she didnt do my thoughts keep ur big mouth shut karri keep ur head up n pray i know u dont know me but iam with u i pray to god for u every day dont worrie you ll get out the truth allways comes out
Bamagurl

Jasper, TN

#93 Oct 6, 2010
I grew up on the mountian and went to school with Karri and do not remember her being a mean spirited person but who we were then and who we are now are not the same. We have all changed and I agree that if she was such a good person still then how could she have consciouslly have commited theft. Things happen in life that leads us to do things we might not be proud of, but do not place someone above what they are or do. Believe in her if you choose to, but be honest about the facts. If the defence had such strong evidence, then why isnt she out?
I Hate Ignorance

Bowdon, GA

#94 Oct 6, 2010
Most of the posts on topix are made from ignorance. Her defense will present its case at trial. I believe she will be found innocent. She is still in custody because she was charged with a capital offense. The media presents a very one-sided account of this situation. When the trial takes place people will see what's really going on and who stands to gain if Karri is convicted.
here

Fort Payne, AL

#95 Oct 6, 2010
how has the media presented in one-sided? from everything I've read they talk to the prosecutor and the defense attorney. how is that one-sided?

I find it funny that when facts come out and people can't handle the truth, they'll find someone to blame it on.

please gives links to where you've seen a one-sided story. thank you in advance for those examples.
I Hate Ignorance

Bowdon, GA

#96 Oct 6, 2010
Once again ignorance abounds. The article that these posts are linked to is one-sided. It does not, even once, present any information from the defense. It does not even mention an attempt to speak with the defense. I can certainly handle the truth. When facts come out I do believe them. But, unless I am mistaken, no facts have come out. All we have are the allegations of the prosecution. Facts will be presented at trial. Until then, we should all remain undecided. Our judicial system can, and I believe will, work. Most people are so misinformed as to how it works that they often make judments based on information released to the press. I am not saying that the press is always biased. However, any good defense will not give away its strategy before the trial. So all that most people know is the information released by the prosecution. I believe that is one-sided.
curious

United States

#97 Feb 13, 2012
What do all of these people, that were supporting her, think now?
Neil Anblomi

United States

#98 Feb 14, 2012
She was framed
RainsvilleDad

Helena, AL

#99 Feb 14, 2012
Well of course their mouths have shut up now.
sorry for friends and fam

Trussville, AL

#100 Feb 14, 2012
RainsvilleDad wrote:
Well of course their mouths have shut up now.
Of course their mouths have shut now. They are disappointed and hurt. They trusted someone they loved and trusted her to tell the truth. Have you not ever trusted a person and then they let you down. Put yourself in her friends and families shoes and tell me if you can feel the hurt they are feeeling. Her husband and her children, of course they are going to support her and of course their mouths are shut now. These people were not bad people for wanting their friend to be innocent no matter the evidence. I hope that one day if you are accused of something you have or have not done that you will have a support system such as what Kerri had..Then maybe your mouth will be shut........
Rainsville woman

Rainsville, AL

#101 Feb 25, 2012
I think everyone needs to think about her kids and her husband at this time as well as Mr. Shaws family. These people have done nothing to anybody here. As far as the people who were and still are defending her... I hope if something ever happens to me that I have the type of people supporting me to help me through a tough time. No one wins with this verdict if you think about it. The biggest lose is to her children.
Egg Face

Birmingham, AL

#102 May 6, 2012
Well, I guess allot people that was supporting Karri are still trying to get that damn egg off your face. Next time something happens like this, I hope all you church people that wasted ALL that time & money on Karri & the 60 grand for her attorney will sit back & listen to the FACTS before ya run ya pie hole... It's sure made you look like a bunch of fools to just keep on about how innocent she was, AFTER it was a fact that she stole the drug & AFTER the fact they found the very same type of drug in JR, did you NOT THINK about all that. I don't care how well you think you know someone, you really never do & I hope you've learned a very important lesson !

And the next time, just pray that justice will be done. I believe everyone of you forgot about the victim, all you focused on was poor ole Karri! And I still think they should have gone for the Capital Murder charge! She's nothing but scum of the earth, to steal from her stepfather, deceive all the folks of that church and then out right kill her own Father 5 days after he cut her off to the money in the accounts... That's just one sorry ass person.!

But I would have paid good money to have been in that court room & seen the look on your face when she turned around to you all you supports & said "I'm sorry" & then plead guilty. She made a fool out you. And ya'll took it hook line & sinker!!

Good day!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Payne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 9 hr Annonymous 85
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Tue Centrist 242
Ashley Goddard Sep 9 LiedTo 1
dekalb co deputy arrested by ABI (Oct '10) Sep 3 truman 12 102
John Hunter (Feb '13) Aug 25 Not suprised 6
Need help getting my license back, please help (Aug '11) Aug 23 So Tired of lazy ... 9
Fort Payne man sentenced to 30 years in prison ... Aug '14 buck 1
•••
•••
•••

Fort Payne Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Fort Payne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Fort Payne News, Events & Info