fort payne police
larry

Sulligent, AL

#1 Apr 14, 2011
How many of you have been arrested for dui but were under the .08 limit?
well

Rainsville, AL

#2 Apr 15, 2011
From .05 to .08 in the state of Alabama it is up to the officer to determine if you are able to drive safely. Some people can't handle thier alcohol and can't function at .05 which is usually two to three beers. If you are underage, the DUI law is totally different. The best thing to do is don't drink and drive. Then you want have to ask or complain about going to jail.
hope

Winfield, AL

#3 Apr 16, 2011
What about the officer who arrests people for .02 and .03? And it wasn't me that was arrested. I don't drink and drive. For those of you that think it's okay to have a beer with dinner or drive the day after you drink, you better think again because Ft Payne does whatever they please.
larry

Winfield, AL

#4 Apr 16, 2011
well wrote:
From .05 to .08 in the state of Alabama it is up to the officer to determine if you are able to drive safely. Some people can't handle thier alcohol and can't function at .05 which is usually two to three beers. If you are underage, the DUI law is totally different. The best thing to do is don't drink and drive. Then you want have to ask or complain about going to jail.
Was a friend who had some beer the night before and registered below either of those numbers.
well

Rainsville, AL

#5 Apr 16, 2011
I am not taking any sides. I have to look at both sides. Maybe this person didn't pass the test given and this is what the offier uses to determine if you are capable of driving. I have heard and seen of people failing the tests and being arrested for DUI and then blowing .02 at the station. It happens. Some may mix the alcohol with medication or something and this causes an adverse effect. All I can do is speculate to what happened. The officer obviously saw something. I don't know. Has this went to court?
larry

Winfield, AL

#6 Apr 16, 2011
No medication involved and the officer told 2 different stories at to why the car was stopped, one to the driver and a different one to wife

I have inner ear trouble and probably couldn't walk straight line some days so I guess if I ever get pulled over I can expect to pay a tow bill and court costs
Lebanon

Coudersport, PA

#7 Apr 16, 2011
Some are saying that the fort payne police officers are disgusted with their new chief. some say that city hall has turned a blind eve to the conduct of the cheif of police. this may be a rumor maybe one of the fort payne policemen will read this and explain the problems going on there.
larry

Winfield, AL

#8 Apr 16, 2011
Being disgusted with him is not a good reason to treat people wrong. If you want respect you have to be respectful.
nannamus

United States

#9 Apr 17, 2011
What specifically are people disgusted about?
well

Rainsville, AL

#10 Apr 17, 2011
The police chief and Asst. Chief are what officers call "yes" men. They were placed in the position by the council to do whatever they want. Officers don't like when politians put their two cents worth in without knowing anything about being an officer.
nannamus

United States

#11 Apr 17, 2011
well wrote:
The police chief and Asst. Chief are what officers call "yes" men. They were placed in the position by the council to do whatever they want. Officers don't like when politians put their two cents worth in without knowing anything about being an officer.
Thanks for the info.
just me

Rainsville, AL

#12 Apr 21, 2011
Fort Payne police are a joke. They sit around looking for things to write you for. Come on give us a break. I know one cop who drinks like a fish out of water and drives. Is he above the law... no.
a joke

United States

#13 Oct 26, 2011
Wanna hear a good joke.....ft payne police dept.....they wouldn't know the real law if it hit them......expecially the ass chief, lt trailor, and the crooked judge who calls everyone by first name........hahaha........spen t 1500 on fines, and its gonna cost them triple that, just picking up trash,.....Haha....what a joke

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Payne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who died at the house party? Jun 23 Dancer 2
new girl in town Jun 12 Rolldamntide 1
Truck shopping Jun 7 Need a truck 1
Sylvania School's band director placed on admin... May '15 daseage1965 2
News Rape report leads to child sex abuse charges fo... (Nov '14) May '15 sam 2
News DeKalb Co. DHR employee charged with public int... Apr '15 JNDN 1
'Violent sexual predator' fugitive from Kentuck... Apr '15 Thee Good Guys 1
More from around the web

Fort Payne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE