Wootten won't seek school board

Wootten won't seek school board

There are 25 comments on the Times-Journal story from Mar 22, 2010, titled Wootten won't seek school board. In it, Times-Journal reports that:

DeKalb County school board member Terry Wootten, R-Ider, said Monday he would not seek another term in office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times-Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Primary is Soon

Henagar, AL

#21 May 8, 2010
Those of you who are supporting Terry Wootten for School Board member....please encourage all you can to get out and vote in the Republican primary on June 1. If we can get the votes turned out for him that day there may not be a run-off. When there are 3 people in a race....someone has to have 51% of the vote to win without a run-off. Please get the word out. I know Terry has cards and signs if anyone wants some. Just stop by and see him.
R_U_KIDDN

Haleyville, AL

#22 May 20, 2010
I'm voting for Terry! I'd rather not have that type of "man" (I use that term loosely) representing my child in school...thank you very much! Billy "Point the blame" Dalton is NOT the person for the job!
unknown

Henagar, AL

#23 May 21, 2010
R_U_KIDDN wrote:
Billy Dalton cheats, lies, uses others,and tears families apart to cover his own butt...why on earth would anyone want him representing our schools? Thank you Terry for running again!
well to be perfectly honest...if he lies, cheats, and uses others...then him and warren should get along REAL good!
Primary Tuesday

Henagar, AL

#24 May 29, 2010
TERRY WOOTTEN IS RUNNING FOR DIST. 5 SCHOOL BOARD!
Yes, June 1 is fast approaching and hopefully it will be decided who the Republican candidate will be for the general election. Terry has always done what he felt was the best decision for the kids of this county. He is not another yes man, he ask the questions you want asked. At the board meeting this week he even made a motion to suspend all board expenses and cut their pay in half for one year and would you believe he could not even get a second on the motion??? That's right folks! The people in attendance clapped and hooped....but the other board members sat silent. PLEASE VOTE FOR TERRY WOOTTEN TUESDAY JUNE 1, IN THE REPUBLICAN PRIMARY. LET'S AVOID A RUN-OFF IN JULY!
Emmie

Hiawatha, KS

#25 Jul 5, 2011
Daisy, Billy Jack may be a good man in your estimation, but he's never been a good husband. He's cheated on his wife off and on for most of the 25 years I've knon him, and I've seen his wife cry many a tear over it. I'm not of the school who thinks a man's personal business is completely his own, because if he can't be true to his wife and children, how could you trust him to be true to his constituancy. Sad to say, though, it sure seems like way too many politicians or wanna-be politicians are crooked as a broken stick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Payne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DHR corruption Dec 4 VFK 1
News DeKalb Co. DHR employee charged with public int... (Apr '15) Dec 4 VFK 2
News Hartselle to ban nightclubs, bars: (Oct '10) Dec 3 ThomasA 3
Happens way more than anyone knows Nov 8 Whistleblower 1
todays colors at color code (Oct '14) Nov 8 bob 10
bunch of weiners Nov 8 bob 1
vote Nov 7 I voted 1

Fort Payne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance