Hilyer Properties, LLC

Posted in the Fort Payne Forum

Disgruntled

Henagar, AL

#1 Jul 31, 2011
Just an FYI, If you have a real estate contract with Hilyer Properties, LLC., I would go over it one more time. If you think you are buying a house, you better check that you have a secured loan. If you don't have a secured loan, there is a possibility that you are about to be screwed. Hilyer Properties, LLC is in bankruptcy, and has been since April 2010. It is currently attempting to restructure under US Bankruptcy laws. If you have an executory contract with then, it is basically a rent to own contract, and you could be excluded from the hearing, and lose everything you have put in. If you are buying property from Hilyer and have not rec'd notification of bankruptcy you should definately consult with an attorney, teh hearing will be 8/11/11 at 9am in Gadsen, AL.

An executory contract is a contract which has not yet been performed or executed. Although material, an obligation to pay money does not usually make a contract executory. An obligation is material if a breach of contract would result from the failure to satisfy the obligation.[1] A contract that has been fully performed by one party but not by the other party is not classified as an executory contract.

The term executory contract assumes a specialized meaning in some areas of law. In bankruptcy law, an executory contract is a contract in which continuing obligations exist on both sides of the contract. In this context, a trustee may assume or reject any executory contract or unexpired lease subject to court approval.
Pissed off

Ider, AL

#2 Aug 2, 2011
Just found another victim of Hilyer Properties, LLC. If you think you are buying a house, there is a big possibility you are not going to ever receive title
Angry

Coudersport, PA

#3 Sep 7, 2011
Hilyer is a crook
Disgruntled

Henagar, AL

#4 Sep 7, 2011
Yes, he is. He is a crook, a snake, a liar. He would step on a crying child to get out of a burning house!
Say what

Ludlow, VT

#5 Sep 8, 2011
Disgruntled wrote:
Yes, he is. He is a crook, a snake, a liar. He would step on a crying child to get out of a burning house!
(step on a crying child to get out of a burning house!) Never heard that one before.
Sam

Ludlow, VT

#6 Sep 8, 2011
Me neither have you got anymore good ones like that?
Disgruntled

Ider, AL

#7 Sep 18, 2011
Beat his grandmother with a stick for the last piece of bacon..
REASONABLE

Coudersport, PA

#8 Sep 20, 2011
I guess if you name yourself in a post "Disgruntled" or "Pissed off" you lead a sad and angry life. If you are going to post stuff about someone and not have the guts to post your name, I would not beleive a dam word you say. I have heard only good things about the Hilyers and know that if I knew someone was having a hard time (trying to save his business and houses) I would say he is not trying to hurt people but trying to save them and what they have. You are publicly talking crap about someone having a hard time holding on to a business, like everyone in this country right now, I would only hope you experence a little of this yourself!!
Ranee Roberts

Ider, AL

#9 Sep 20, 2011
Well, Reasonable, I do not have a difficult time posting my name, all anyone had to do was ask. I do not lead a sad and angry life, unless of course it comes to dealing with Gary Hilyer and Hilyer Properties, LLC. I know for a fact that he was trying to hurt people as he tried to hurt me. He unlawfully listed my partners business in his bankruptcy Plan, along with several others. I know this because I have personally spoken with others with whom Hilyer Properties had a Purchase agreement and were listed, as myself, as a lessor. I do happen to have a good bit of experience of trying to hold on to a business, as Gary lied to us. Our business was destroyed by the tornadoes on 4/27/11, and this man lied to us from day one. Had we not made a mistake and found out, we would have lost everything. As it is, we already lose all the insurance money we would have been rightfully entitled to had Hilyer Properties, LLC not filed bankruptcy. I know nothing about his son, except that I heard he opened his own business because he did not approve of his father's business practices.
Ranee Roberts

Ider, AL

#10 Sep 20, 2011
And, btw, Reasonable, feel free to look up his bankruptcy documents to verify.. You don't need to believe a damn (actual spelling unless you are talking about a structure made to hold water) word I say. Bankruptcy is public information. Ask the folks he had down as leasing property from him if they have a contract that names them as a buyer or a lessor... He did very much try to hurt us, not save us or what we had. If he was trying to help, he wouldn't have fraudulently listed us as leasing, he would have listed us correctly as creditors and we would have received the correct, lawful notification of such.
Ranee Roberts

Ider, AL

#11 Sep 20, 2011
What Reasonable? Not going to give your name? No comeback? That's because I am only saying TRUTH.
Ranee Roberts

Henagar, AL

#12 Oct 18, 2011
Well, the bankruptcy court seemed to agree with me.. Hmmm Reasonable, no comeback?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Payne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed thetruth 103
color code Jan 14 duh 2
Ashley Goddard Jan 4 Dancer 10
Review: Bobby Ledbetter (Nov '12) Dec '14 Boris Wartenbe 11
money payed to jcs is nothing but a rip off (Nov '10) Nov '14 kimbrelly 45
Missing 73 year old Nov '14 Family member 1
Rape report leads to child sex abuse charges fo... Nov '14 ifUonlyNew 1
Fort Payne Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web