Bible verses banned from Ga. school f...

Bible verses banned from Ga. school football field

There are 24 comments on the El Paso Times story from Oct 2, 2009, titled Bible verses banned from Ga. school football field. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Cheerleaders at a north Georgia high school are gearing up for another football game, but they won't be holding up signs bearing Bible verses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CS Lewis

Santa Rita, Guam

#21 Nov 25, 2009
People forget that this country was founded on Christianity. Our ancestors came here to be free of religous persecution, yet we still have it. Free Masons are a Christian Organization. They did leave us the right to practice whatever religion we choose, be it Christianity, Judaism, Islam, or any other. I look at things this way. I believe there is one true God and I can't force that on anyone. It is the person's choice. C.S. Lewis an Atheist most of his life once stated that "Consequently atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning." I am from the area where this high school is. I have been to many games and played against them in many sports. These verse have been apart of the school for as long as I can remember. No one had a problem then. Why now. No One can force beliefs on you. You choose. If you say you were forced to be a Christian then you must have doubted your faith and were weak. No matter what religion, you as the believer are taught to have a strong faith and not give in to temptation. So as a Christian, I am not bashing anyone because it is not my right to do so. It would be wrong by my beliefs. In closing I feel that people should respect others in there choice of beliefs no matter how wrong we think they are. It is not our choice to decide. God Bless
mom of fort o student

Rossville, GA

#22 Nov 30, 2009
very true lewis,yes i know there is a god and what a good god he is.and yes i still love and pray for people who dont see things the same way.all we did is upset our childern when we let this lady have her 5mins of fame.God is my judge and everyone will have to answer to him .
Scum Killer

Williamstown, PA

#23 Nov 30, 2009
CS Lewis wrote:
People forget that this country was founded on Christianity.
Wrong.

It was founded on what are considered to be Christian 'ideals'(which are really nothing more than simple moral values that any decent human being believes in regardless of beliefs), but with the people free to pursue any beliefs they want, and the government or any institution of the government will not choose to sponsor any religion over another. Read the Constitution again.

Putting Bible quotes in a public school setting is wrong. Constitutionally wrong. It should be just as upsetting to you as someone trying to take away the Second amendment.
tom b

Williamsport, PA

#24 Dec 1, 2009
Scum Killer wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
It was founded on what are considered to be Christian 'ideals'(which are really nothing more than simple moral values that any decent human being believes in regardless of beliefs), but with the people free to pursue any beliefs they want, and the government or any institution of the government will not choose to sponsor any religion over another. Read the Constitution again.
Putting Bible quotes in a public school setting is wrong. Constitutionally wrong. It should be just as upsetting to you as someone trying to take away the Second amendment.
Ever been to the capitol building in Harrisburg? Take note at the top cornice. Christian theology and scriptures and God. What's wrong with including Christian values into an event when the statements are of love and peace and respect?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Oglethorpe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Ceaira rucker Dec 24 Kingwing 4
LT. Blevins of the FOPD - Poll Dec '17 wsing1974 1
does anyone know Randy Wells Oct '17 MAGNUM PI 2
News Cannon, Cross In Close Race For Dade County She... (Aug '12) Oct '17 Really 7
Christy Pinion Morgan arrested by GBI for theft... (Aug '11) Oct '17 thepast 39
News Catoosa County Chamber honors police officers, ... Oct '17 wsing1974 1
Rembering hills Sep '17 Good days 1

Fort Oglethorpe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Oglethorpe Mortgages