Bible verses banned from Ga. school f...

Bible verses banned from Ga. school football field

There are 24 comments on the El Paso Times story from Oct 2, 2009, titled Bible verses banned from Ga. school football field. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Cheerleaders at a north Georgia high school are gearing up for another football game, but they won't be holding up signs bearing Bible verses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
alm

Austin, TX

#1 Oct 2, 2009
Know Jesus, Know Peace.
No Jesus, No Peace.
What will it take before people understand that this is true.
equalityboy81

Jacksonville, FL

#2 Oct 2, 2009
People cannot force one to live under a religion they don't want to though.
newguy40

Santa Cruz, CA

#3 Oct 2, 2009
equalityboy81 wrote:
True enough. Free will is a gift from God. You are free to accept Him or not.

However, I cannot help think that if this had something to do with a non Christian religion, it would not have been a problem.
equalityboy81

Jacksonville, FL

#4 Oct 2, 2009
newguy40 wrote:
<quoted text>
However, I cannot help think that if this had something to do with a non Christian religion, it would not have been a problem.
If it had something to do with a Muslim religion it would never have been allowed. The school would have seen to that and used the constitution to aid their case.
Pap

United States

#5 Oct 2, 2009
newguy40 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're delusional. God doesn't exist.
newguy40

Santa Cruz, CA

#6 Oct 6, 2009
Pap wrote:
<quoted text>
You're delusional. God doesn't exist.
I can only respond with a quote from Archbishop Fulton J Sheen.

"There are two kinds of unbelief; those who say something is not true because they wish it were not true, and those who say something is not true because they wish that it was. The latter kind is curable."

Which one are you, my friend?
Pap

United States

#7 Oct 6, 2009
newguy40 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only respond with a quote from Archbishop Fulton J Sheen.
"There are two kinds of unbelief; those who say something is not true because they wish it were not true, and those who say something is not true because they wish that it was. The latter kind is curable."
Which one are you, my friend?
The burden of proof is on you. Prove the God Virus.
Good

El Paso, TX

#8 Oct 6, 2009
Pap wrote:
<quoted text>
The burden of proof is on you. Prove the God Virus.
The good thing is nobody has to prove it to you. All they have to do is tell you about Christ. It's your choice whether you want to believe it or not, either way, one day you'll stand before him and enter heaven, or you'll enter into eternal damnation. Again, whether or not you choose to believe is irrelevant. Christ isn't the one that needs saving, you do.
Al Sharpton

Rossville, GA

#9 Oct 6, 2009
equalityboy81 wrote:
Its wasnt forced this was something the cheerleaders decided to do not the school if a muslim wanted to go out on the feild in a Burka no one is gonna stop them from holding their sign its called freedon of speech everyone doesnt live in closed minded california
equalityboy81

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Oct 7, 2009
Al Sharpton wrote:
<quoted text>
Its wasnt forced this was something the cheerleaders decided to do not the school if a muslim wanted to go out on the feild in a Burka no one is gonna stop them from holding their sign its called freedon of speech everyone doesnt live in closed minded california
But there may be a student with another religion that may feel peer pressure into a majority religion.
Al Sharpton

Rossville, GA

#11 Oct 8, 2009
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
But there may be a student with another religion that may feel peer pressure into a majority religion.
so if your parents taught you a certain religion growing up is that peer pressure also should the government start regulating parents? When these public schools play private christian schools there are verses and prayer should the public school be banned from going to private christian school cause someone might be peer pressured ?
equalityboy81

Jacksonville, FL

#12 Oct 8, 2009
Al Sharpton wrote:
<quoted text>
so if your parents taught you a certain religion growing up is that peer pressure also should the government start regulating parents? When these public schools play private christian schools there are verses and prayer should the public school be banned from going to private christian school cause someone might be peer pressured ?
I don't think you are seeing my point at all. And your rebuttal makes no sense.
equalityboy81

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Oct 8, 2009
Al Sharpton wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you feel Christianity should be taught in school but that is what the law says. If it were the law I'm sure the superintendent being the devout Christian woman she is would have fought the challenge tooth and nail.
Al Sharpton

Chickamauga, GA

#14 Oct 11, 2009
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you feel Christianity should be taught in school but that is what the law says. If it were the law I'm sure the superintendent being the devout Christian woman she is would have fought the challenge tooth and nail.
Actually i went to school there and they do teach bible history and the teacher is a christian so what do u think about that ?
Pap

United States

#15 Oct 12, 2009
Good wrote:
<quoted text>
The good thing is nobody has to prove it to you. All they have to do is tell you about Christ. It's your choice whether you want to believe it or not, either way, one day you'll stand before him and enter heaven, or you'll enter into eternal damnation. Again, whether or not you choose to believe is irrelevant. Christ isn't the one that needs saving, you do.
You're a good example of brainwashing. Thank your parents.
Pap

United States

#16 Oct 12, 2009
Al Sharpton wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually i went to school there and they do teach bible history and the teacher is a christian so what do u think about that ?
Brainwashed.
equalityboy81

United States

#17 Nov 12, 2009
Al Sharpton wrote:
<quoted text>
In government establishments we have a right to be free of religion.
equalityboy81

United States

#18 Nov 12, 2009
Al Sharpton wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure it was taught as an elective and not a required course.
thomas paine

Mechanicsburg, PA

#19 Nov 14, 2009
PRAISE BE!!!!!!!!
bishop appear again

Monmouth Beach, NJ

#20 Nov 14, 2009
not surprise me anymore to much evil in the world today. People have lost the most important thing in the world today and this is respect we have no respect for the other person. We should try to help others. Not try only think about yourself. if you see somebody that is in need, try giving them a little help sometime instead of always laughing at their situation, know this your day will come when you just might need that same person to hand you one class of water. May sound a bit strange now ,but wait awhile

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Oglethorpe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pine Forest Pool Jun 23 EWB 1
the music thread (Mar '12) Jun 21 Musikologist 21
Anyone visited VIP spa ? (Apr '09) Jun 15 HEALTH MAN 30
Review: Brooks Auto Sales Jun 11 Bratgirl 1
Are you a female minor and wanna sext with a ma... (Nov '14) Jun 7 Nikki 2
Lisa Robertson (Apr '13) Jun '15 Loyal 13
Christy Pinion Morgan arrested by GBI for theft... (Aug '11) Jun '15 boooom 33
More from around the web

Fort Oglethorpe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE