Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#26486 Oct 6, 2013
moronic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>good post, Dave and I agree with most everything you said. However, our two-faced friend syn seems to think that the youth are a bunch of robots that are molded into little communists once they set foot on a college campus. I guess that they are not even to be blamed if they turn into card-carrying reds- after all, it was the professors that made them do it. I mean, afterall, if someone is only 19-25 yrs. old, how could we possibly hold them respondsible for their own actions, huh.
Just because a person is young and stupid doesn't give him the right to go rob a 7-11 store. He should know the difference in right and wrong. A person that is 21 years old can legally buy alcohol and a gun. How they use it is up to them.
Young people do seem to walk around in their rose tinted glasses and want the whole world to sing and hold hands. Well we all know what the world really is and by the age24 and we are working we should know what is what. They can then tear up their little commie card and grow up and live in the real world. They are responsible for their own actions and should not be blaming their bad decisions on others.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#26487 Oct 6, 2013
moronic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>Just curious, were you referring to me...
No.

Location hidden

#26488 Oct 6, 2013
moronic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>Berkley or Yale?
For God. For Country.......

Location hidden

#26489 Oct 6, 2013
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought you may be somebody from Cordele, I might know, glad I don't cause you really sound like a PUNK,
You do see the location,cordele ga, you folks with out a profile can't fake like us registard' Trolls,
Pitts Rochele Hwy 280 , No matter I'm just trollin anyway, carry on cause I'm In Alabama and won't be voting over there ...
Isn't Cordele the Watermelon capital? I have a friend from Cordele. Haven't seen her in quite some time, though. I think I rememeber her telling me about the watermelons.

Location hidden

#26490 Oct 6, 2013
moronic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>good post, Dave and I agree with most everything you said. However, our two-faced friend syn seems to think that the youth are a bunch of robots that are molded into little communists once they set foot on a college campus. I guess that they are not even to be blamed if they turn into card-carrying reds- after all, it was the professors that made them do it. I mean, afterall, if someone is only 19-25 yrs. old, how could we possibly hold them respondsible for their own actions, huh.
Two faced?????? How so? I simply said that college aged kids can be easily influenced and THEY ARE. I didn't mention communism. I said liberal. So, you are saying that liberals are communists? Where did I state that 19-25 year old individuals shouldn't be responsible for their actions?
moronic mutt

Cordele, GA

#26491 Oct 6, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because a person is young and stupid doesn't give him the right to go rob a 7-11 store. He should know the difference in right and wrong. A person that is 21 years old can legally buy alcohol and a gun. How they use it is up to them.
Young people do seem to walk around in their rose tinted glasses and want the whole world to sing and hold hands. Well we all know what the world really is and by the age24 and we are working we should know what is what. They can then tear up their little commie card and grow up and live in the real world. They are responsible for their own actions and should not be blaming their bad decisions on others.
I agree 100%- and whether they decide to vote as a democrat, republican, tea party or whatever is NOT caused by their high school or college experience.

Location hidden

#26492 Oct 6, 2013
moronic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>I agree 100%- and whether they decide to vote as a democrat, republican, tea party or whatever is NOT caused by their high school or college experience.
Look! I SPECIFICALLY stated NOT HIGH SCHOOL. You didn't get that. Then, I said college aged kids can be and are influenced easily by their college profs/experiences and I should have included peers in that list. THAT is true. Does that mean they'll carry that the rest of their lives? NO. I certainly didn't. I carried it for about a year. This whole discussion is a bit odd, imo. Cool your jets, dude.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#26493 Oct 6, 2013
moronic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>I agree 100%- and whether they decide to vote as a democrat, republican, tea party or whatever is NOT caused by their high school or college experience.
I didn't say that. They could very well be influenced by a college professor, but hopefully by the time they are old enough to be in the real world awhile and they will tear up their little commie cards, grow up and take off those rose colored glasses. Many do but there are some people that are weak and weak minded and can't think for themselves. They are easily swayed for different reasons and are gullible. Cults are full of people such as this. They will still be held responsible for their actions. Look at how many people followed Hitler and Stalin. The world is full of fools.
moronic mutt

Cordele, GA

#26494 Oct 6, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Look! I SPECIFICALLY stated NOT HIGH SCHOOL. You didn't get that. Then, I said college aged kids can be and are influenced easily by their college profs/experiences and I should have included peers in that list. THAT is true. Does that mean they'll carry that the rest of their lives? NO. I certainly didn't. I carried it for about a year. This whole discussion is a bit odd, imo. Cool your jets, dude.
listen, the thing that bothered me most was that "how" or whatever interrupted with a "don't feed the animal" post in the middle of our discussion- I felt directed at me. I know I sound like I may have a persecution complex or something, but the truth is that I have made some pretty bad comments, insults to a couple of other posters recently- usually in response to equally bad or just bad ones that I received. At any rate, I have resolved to stop this. For the time being, I think the best way to do this may be to cease or limit my communication with a couple of these posters- at least temporarily. How is the main one, hence my disappointment with your post/reply tonite. Go back and re-read, maybe you can see what I refer to. thanks
moronic mutt

Cordele, GA

#26495 Oct 6, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Two faced?????? How so? I simply said that college aged kids can be easily influenced and THEY ARE. I didn't mention communism. I said liberal. So, you are saying that liberals are communists? Where did I state that 19-25 year old individuals shouldn't be responsible for their actions?
syn, this whole discussion started because I asked someone to explain why/how they thought that Obama got 60% of the youth vote- you seemed to lay the blame/cause on/with college professors- I disagreed, back to square one!
moronic mutt

Cordele, GA

#26496 Oct 7, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
even now, no one has even addressed the second part of my suggestion, how much influence does the parents have on how a young person votes. In other what influence would Dave or Syn have over Dave jr. or Syn jr.? More or less than their college professors?
moronic mutt

Cordele, GA

#26497 Oct 7, 2013
moronic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>even now, no one has even addressed the second part of my suggestion, how much influence does the parents have on how a young person votes. In other what influence would Dave or Syn have over Dave jr. or Syn jr.? More or less than their college professors?
I guess that I am just wondering if a year or two at college would outweigh the years of influence that jr. would have gotten at home?
moronic mutt

Cordele, GA

#26498 Oct 7, 2013
moronic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that I am just wondering if a year or two at college would outweigh the years of influence that jr. would have gotten at home?
now it does seem that a national movement, like the anti-war of the sixties, would have more influence than either the college professors or the parents.
moronic mutt

Cordele, GA

#26499 Oct 7, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that. They could very well be influenced by a college professor, but hopefully by the time they are old enough to be in the real world awhile and they will tear up their little commie cards, grow up and take off those rose colored glasses. Many do but there are some people that are weak and weak minded and can't think for themselves. They are easily swayed for different reasons and are gullible. Cults are full of people such as this. They will still be held responsible for their actions. Look at how many people followed Hitler and Stalin. The world is full of fools.
agreed
Now

Carnesville, GA

#26500 Oct 7, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Cordele the Watermelon capital? I have a friend from Cordele. Haven't seen her in quite some time, though. I think I rememeber her telling me about the watermelons.

You are correct. Some of those ole ugly boys move to Cordele just to be near the watermelons........

They like laying down in the watermelon patch on a hot day.
Now

Carnesville, GA

#26501 Oct 7, 2013
"OIRA administrator Howard Shelanski told Congress last week that the shutdown would diminish the office’s working personnel from 40 to two.

“I will call back people as needed to meet court deadlines, but all of our rulemaking review will certainly stop during a period of shutdown,” he testified.

Defenders of the rules say that nothing less than the wellbeing of the American people is at stake if lawmakers are unable to end the budget impasse.

“Regulations are vital for everything from protecting the environment, to maintaining public health, to ensuring workplace safety,” Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.) said.“Anything that slows down the rulemaking process … is bad for American workers, consumers and families.”"

This alone might explain the downfall of Nations, in addition to taxes. Laying heavy burdens of rules and regulations on the people is the epitome of bad gubmint....and they really think they are doing some good!!

http://thehill.com/blogs/regwatch/administrat...
Now

Carnesville, GA

#26502 Oct 7, 2013
"NYT reporter: Obama admin “most closed, control-freak administration I’ve ever covered”"

Heck, most conservatives have known this from the get go.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/10/05/nyt-rep...

Now

Carnesville, GA

#26503 Oct 7, 2013
A little cellulose kinda takes away the impact.....
or as they say in the movies, "do anything to get noticed."

http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2013/10/6/480949...
Now

Carnesville, GA

#26504 Oct 7, 2013
A man of influence, a man of impact, a man of God...

"Rev. Billy Graham Prepares 'Perhaps … My Last Message'"

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Graham-evang...
moronic mutt

Cordele, GA

#26505 Oct 7, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
For God. For Country.......
Hey syn, I just thought about something- if you are right, then it means that if you were x number of years younger, you would have voted for Obama. I can't wait to tell all your friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Oglethorpe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Damn gurl Jul 14 Rotnow 1
warning Jul 8 THE 2
Hank Smedema Jul 8 Thieving Hank 2
Captain Hook'd Fishing channel Jun 29 rossvillealum 1
duck pond Jun '17 rossvillealum 1
the music thread (Mar '12) Jun '17 Musikologist 24
Review: Brooks Auto Sales (Jun '15) Jun '17 Truth 3

Fort Oglethorpe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance