Man killed in shootout with Cape Cora...

Man killed in shootout with Cape Coral police

There are 28 comments on the NBC2 News story from Jun 24, 2013, titled Man killed in shootout with Cape Coral police. In it, NBC2 News reports that:

Madison Ross became so sick on vacation that doctors say she can only leave by an air ambulance, which can cost thousands of dollars.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC2 News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
IAM

Fort Myers, FL

#21 Jul 1, 2013
JIMBO wrote:
GOOD JOB CAPE CORAL POLICE DEPARTMENT!!
Sad, but funny. Still waiting for some educated opinions rather than speculation. Anybody?
IAM

Fort Myers, FL

#22 Jul 1, 2013
I thinks it's sad really, the things that people have to say about this incident and a man they have never met, a good man. This is one of the latest updates regarding the incident on the 24th of June: http://www.marcoislandflorida.com/article/201...

You will find in this update statements from Mark Chernins neighbors, those who knew him as we'll as those who didn't know him so well. As you can read here, not one of his neighbors has a harsh word to say about the man, not the people who knew him, and those who didn't. As this latest update states, Chernin was a family man, with a very sweet wife and four children whom he loved, as well as s successful business man. Aside from Chernin, there are five other victims in this case, who' lives have been devastated by this tragedy, Marks beloved family, not to mention all those who loved him.

You can also read in this update as in many other reports, that Chernin's past record is nearly untarnished with the exception of a domestic dispute (which Chernin was not found guilty) and a few minor violations, the majority of which are nothing more than minor traffic infractions. Given Chernin's record and reputation, it would seem obviously clear that Chernin was far from a trouble maker, a criminal or a nuisance to anyone or anything. In fact, he was exactly the opposite, always willing to help, always kind, and quick to make a person smile.

According to news reports, it remains unclear, to those who are not privy to certain information...whether or not it was police or Chernin who fired first. There are a lot of questions regarding this incident, and that is for good reason. Yes, Chernin did fire his weapon, this was however before police arrived on the scene. The Shots Chernin fired were not directed at anyone or anything. I have previously stated the the Florida statute on the discharging of a firearm in a resedintial area as well as the punishment for said crime. We all know that the penalty for to crime is not death. I would be absolutely delighted to divulge more information as to what happened that morning, but the situation requires my silence for the time being.

I can't say that Chernin was right in doing some of the things he did the morning of the 24th, as we all know that open carrying a rifle, and firing shots in a residential neighborhood are both illegal. We all know that these crimes are misdemeanors, and punishable by a maximum of one year imprisonment, with possible fine, ect. We also know that had Chernin not been shot and killed by police that morning, that within a year he would have been back home with his wife and kids, able to watch his children grow up and become successful, responsible adults as he was. Unfortunately, for very unclear reasons, he will never have that opportunity.

In most all cases, reports of a shooting by police or otherwise would state "all" the suspects actions involving an incident, especially in cases when a person looses his or her life. We know that is not the case here, as no reports have yet stated (a week after the incident) why police opened fire killing Chernin. We are still waiting that information.

There is nothing I can say here that will force a person to change his or her opinion on what happened the morning of the 24th, or their opinion of the type of man Mark Chernin was. All I can do is give facts, as I have done...not in regards to what happend on the 24th, but in regards to the man himself. It's unfortunate that some of the people commenting on this post did not have the opportunity to know Mark Chernin, as I believe if this were the case, opinions would be drastically different.

I post here to defend the legacy of a lost loved one who was a good man, just as any person would naturally feel the need to do had they suffered the loss of a person in whom they love.
IAM

Fort Myers, FL

#23 Jul 1, 2013
My hope is that none of you will ever have the need to defend the legacy of a loved one, in that if a tragedy such as this were ever to befall you, people would show a little more respect, and wait to form opinions on what occurred, and the loved one you have lost until the facts have been made abundantly clear.
Trish

Cape Coral, FL

#24 Jul 1, 2013
Oh God just please SHUT UP already!!!!!!!!!!
I think I know why he killed himself now. Because you wouldn't shut up!
IAM

Fort Myers, FL

#25 Jul 1, 2013
Trish wrote:
Yep, your dumb...further proving my point. Is this really the most intellectual thing you could think of to post? You know, if you actually had something worthwhile to say, somebody might actually care about what your saying, but since you don't, obviously I don't care. It's sad really that people like you think the way they do. These people are simply just to dumb to realize that they are nothing more than a virus, slowly eating away at society. It's just to bad we have to loose good people like Mark, instead of a virus such as yourself. If your capable, try posting something with some actual meaning. When you post restarted statements, and do nothing but speculate and insult people, it does nothing more than prove your lack of intelligence...which you have clearly done so well here. Again, I don't expect you to understand this given your obvious lack of intelligence, and I'm sure you'll continue posting meaningless comments because your simply too stupid to comprehend how dumb you really are...going by your previous statements.
IAM

Fort Myers, FL

#26 Jul 1, 2013
Do we see now how futile you telling someone to shut up is?:)
Concerned

Lehigh Acres, FL

#27 Oct 2, 2013
IAM,
I just heard today about this when I went to the shop. I have been completely consumed by my own life and have not been in the shop since April. Is there an update you can share? Curious but if you can not give details still just let me know. I expressed my condolences to his wife while I was there but did not have any clue or idea that the story outlined above was related to Mark.
Same tune playing

Howey In The Hills, FL

#28 Oct 4, 2013
Trish wrote:
Okay, you gave your opinion again!

GO TO BED!!!

Good Night!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Myers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lehigh Acres fire blamed on discarded cigarette. Fri LEO 477 4
News Lyndsay Johns, left, and her wife Danielle Hagmann Fri ICE MAN 1
News Traffic stop results in drug, weapon possession... Thu Prince John 3
Review; The Keys Bar & Grill at Gulf Coast Town... (Mar '16) Apr 26 Ihaterap 7
Bartenders at the Indigo Room, 86 room are very... Apr 26 Prince John 2
Closed cliques can go right back to Chicago rig... Apr 24 Floridian 1
News Should popular vote replace electoral college i... Apr 24 R12 Freon 49

Fort Myers Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance