Gulf Coast Humane Society Charged wit...

Gulf Coast Humane Society Charged with Animal Cruelty

There are 27 comments on the FOX 4 Florida story from Jan 30, 2009, titled Gulf Coast Humane Society Charged with Animal Cruelty. In it, FOX 4 Florida reports that:

Lee Animal Services says it received an anonymous complaint about a dog with severe mange at the Humane Society.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FOX 4 Florida.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ashley

Chattanooga, TN

#22 May 28, 2012
CVT12years wrote:
Ashley: There are more ways to open an incision than just by letting the dog lick. Suture material doesn't just fall out after one day for no reason. Your dog MUST have either jumped up, or ran around too much and popped a suture. It happens all the time when owners don't keep their dogs contained after surgery. All of them want to blame the vet for their own negligence.
no my dog didnt even so much as get on the couch we had to pick her up and the other vet that we took her too even said that they have had many problems with this place as well.
i do not want anyone else to have to go thru this. its not fare to the dog or anyone. i treat my dog like my kid she is apart of our family
charleen

Cape Coral, FL

#23 May 29, 2012
I went there when my dog had an ear infection and they weren't any cheaper than a regulr vet. By the time I left, it was only about $20.00 less than if I would have stuck with Kindness Animal Hospital. I had to drive all the way into the hood to get there, so it cost me more tha that in gas. So not worth it.
kurlew

Babson Park, FL

#24 Jul 28, 2013
Unfortunately... on a recent visit to Gulf Coast Adoption Center, I was subjected to some of the worst public relations that I have ever seen in my life. The lady who does intakes for "surrendered animals" was haughty, sarcastic, and you would have thought she owned the facility by the way she was throwing her African-American Attitude around at that time. For a facility, which is also subsidized by the Lee County Taxpayers for "each animal per diem payable" that the facility kills or "put's down," they also charge way to much for their adoptable animals. Not to mention that it is easier and quicker to buy a house... than to wade thru the BS approval paperwork in adopting and saving an animal from this shelter. Pathetic waste of your property tax dollars at work in Lee County!

“Use renewable resources”

Since: Apr 11

Wear fur and save the earth

#25 Jul 28, 2013
kurlew wrote:
Unfortunately... on a recent visit to Gulf Coast Adoption Center, I was subjected to some of the worst public relations that I have ever seen in my life. The lady who does intakes for "surrendered animals" was haughty, sarcastic, and you would have thought she owned the facility by the way she was throwing her African-American Attitude around at that time. For a facility, which is also subsidized by the Lee County Taxpayers for "each animal per diem payable" that the facility kills or "put's down," they also charge way to much for their adoptable animals. Not to mention that it is easier and quicker to buy a house... than to wade thru the BS approval paperwork in adopting and saving an animal from this shelter. Pathetic waste of your property tax dollars at work in Lee County!
I don't see the upside to having this type of facility funded by tax dollars. If it were really important to people to save these critters who couldn't maintain their owners' love an affection, they would give money voluntarily. Bad precedent imo.
Stan L

Cape Coral, FL

#26 Jul 28, 2013
The Gulf Coast Humane Society isn't funded by tax dollars.
Lee County Animal Services are the ones our taxes are paying for.
I think GCHS is privately funded.
Lerisa hansen

United States

#27 Aug 4, 2013
I have a good Folkerth that's 2 1/2 years old and a cat that my daughter and her boyfriend abandoned here and I am disabled and I cannot feed them or take care of them and everyone is telling me they want that I can't surrender them or give them to a good home i have to go to the abuse shelter for help from like they did and I've been told animal refuge and golf Coast Humane Society will not help me thre dogs and cat I'm looking for refuge for her her name is Misty she's a tuna half-year-old Textbook her and the kitty is Gargotto she's like three or four years so theyboth micros chipped neutered spayed I fell walking Misty and hurt my back inside of my head if anyone out there can help please contact me
kurlew

United States

#28 Aug 6, 2013
Stan L wrote:
The Gulf Coast Humane Society isn't funded by tax dollars.
Lee County Animal Services are the ones our taxes are paying for.
I think GCHS is privately funded.
Call your county representives to find out the real truth... as to ridding Lee County communities of cat and dog over-populations (thru the private funded shelters, which are sub-contracted by the county to do the dirty work of (KILLING CATS and DOGS) with appropriated tax sponsored assistance...(by LEE COUNTY.)

This speaks volumns for the Class of people's adopting these animals.

Simply Don't.... if you can't care for them... and keep them well!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Myers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who has the best boobs in town ? Sep 23 Prince John 2
Obesity has NO excuses in Southwest Florida! (Jul '15) Sep 22 Healthy minute 18
Babe's is still hiring! (Jul '15) Sep 22 Strip club man 17
Vacant parcels up and down US 41! How unnecesa... Sep 22 Tommy 11
News Student uses bagpipes to drown out anti-gay a p... Sep 21 Sledge 50
Rap music is the scourge of ALL nightlife! (Jan '16) Sep 21 Prince John 25
News Punta Gorda man accuses Charlotte Co. deputy of... Sep 20 disapointed with ... 1

Fort Myers Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Myers Mortgages