Review: Douglas E Spiegel ESQ

Review: Douglas E Spiegel ESQ

Posted in the Fort Myers Forum

Daisy

United States

#1 May 30, 2013
You will never regret chosing attorney Douglas Spiegel as your attorney.He is a knowledgable, experienced,and caring attorney.My attorney took the time necessary to answer all of my concerns and questions. He has kept me informed from the start in one of the most difficult times in my life and is making it tolerable. There are not many attorneys out there that will fight as hard and with as much passion as attorney Spiegel will.If you want the best you found him.
Pacopaco

Lehigh Acres, FL

#2 Aug 25, 2014
Attorney Spiegel has been my attorney for the last 3 years handling my divorce, enforcement, modification and other issues. He and is staff are an amazing team and are always quick to respond to my questions and concerns. They go above and beyond to ensure you get the best possible result. He is true to his word and fights to get what you want. He is nice and helpful even for small issues he handles it with care and grace and never judge what is going on. I will never use another family law attorney again. I refer all my friends and family to them as well!
kelly

Cape Coral, FL

#3 Feb 23, 2016
Daisy wrote:
You will never regret chosing attorney Douglas Spiegel as your attorney.He is a knowledgable, experienced,and caring attorney.My attorney took the time necessary to answer all of my concerns and questions. He has kept me informed from the start in one of the most difficult times in my life and is making it tolerable. There are not many attorneys out there that will fight as hard and with as much passion as attorney Spiegel will.If you want the best you found him.
In Atanta Georgia? Must be a fake review.
Cyn

Advance, NC

#4 Apr 28, 2016
kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
In Atanta Georgia? Must be a fake review.
I agree in addition he is a fake and will rip you off. BUYER BEWARE!
He stole cash from me and others and lied about it and blamed others.
Do not trust your money with him. He is extremely disorganized and does not communicate to even the least ethical amount of respect. These fake reports are to hide who he really is.
Doug

Miami, FL

#5 Apr 29, 2016
What can I say? Business was a little slow a couple years ago.
Kena

Fort Myers, FL

#6 Jan 12, 2017
Douglas Spiegel is a nightmare without end! Remember when you hand thousands of dollars to Mr. Spiegel, he will do whatever he wants or does not want to do. You cannot recover your retainer when he chooses not to be a lawyer and do his job unless you want to get involved in another lawsuit to sue him for malpractice. Douglas Spiegel will convince you he’s a lawyer face to face but walk out of his office… He does not follow through, did not return 85% of phone calls or emails. You are left in the dark as he takes over your case with your hands tied once he is retained. Ask him for a bill, ask him 25 times – you won’t get one for months and months when he finally gives you one…poof, your massive retainer is conveniently gone.
After going to court in June of 2015, I fought off an extension of my case and won. My trial was set to end after 1.5 years…I won my right to end the court case! Doug Spiegel, taking over my case was present at trial for the motion for extension as he listened in prior to taking over my case. WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE, WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, AGAINST ALL REQUIREMENTS OF HIM BY THE JUDGE TO DISCUSS ALL CHANGES IN MY COURT MANAGEMENT CASE, EXTENDED MY TRIAL WITHOUT END into 2017. I was furious when I found out what he had done…there’s no undoing what he did and I still pay dearly everyday of my life.
Of all the things he had done to destroy my case on a regular basis with misfiling with the courts, leaving in the middle of my deposition, non-preparation, not filing an appeal for something he couldn’t loose in court but still managed to….. I fired him in November. I am stuck in a case which he extended that has no end in sight because he took it upon himself to sign a new case management with the opposing attorney without my authorization and without speaking to me about it as required by the judge.
Spiegel’s actions still hold the power to destroy my life as I can no longer take the stress of the endless litigation he has left me in…. He took thousands upon thousands from me in the malpractice of my case and I assume still sleeps at night. I had to spend another $10,000 retainer for a new lawyer which is just hopeless now as it’s too late to catch up on this detailed case.
Kena

Fort Myers, FL

#7 Jan 12, 2017
Cyn wrote:
<quoted text>

Do not trust your money with him. He is extremely disorganized and does not communicate to even the least ethical amount of respect. These fake reports are to hide who he really is.
I agree 100%. You hit the nail on the head....a thief hiding behind a law license!!!
Kena

Fort Myers, FL

#8 Jan 12, 2017
Daisy wrote:
I've never stopped regretting or paying for what he has done. You either do not know him or this is a fake review.
Kena

Fort Myers, FL

#9 Jan 12, 2017
Cyn wrote:
<quoted text>

Extremely disorganized is putting it lightly... disorganized beyond belief! Prepares for absolutely nothing! Shows up for deposition and takes three or four breaks because he doesn't have questions prepared. If that isn't bad enough, you can watch him draw pictures on the blank pages where his questions and answers should be in deposition. This man is a disgrace to his clients and the legal community. He should be disbarred. There is no amount of money which can repay the damage he has done.
Kena

Fort Myers, FL

#10 Jan 13, 2017
Pacopaco wrote:
Attorney Spiegel has been my attorney for the last 3 years handling my divorce, enforcement, modification and other issues. He and is staff are an amazing team and are always quick to respond to my questions and concerns. They go above and beyond to ensure you get the best possible result. He is true to his word and fights to get what you want. He is nice and helpful even for small issues he handles it with care and grace and never judge what is going on. I will never use another family law attorney again. I refer all my friends and family to them as well!
The office is as disorganized as Mr. Spiegel - Their main focus is covering for him when he doesn't perform as promised. My advice to you is throw your money in the river and swim after it as hiring Mr. Spiegel will only leave you trying to keep your head above water. He willingly hands your case to opposing counsel through his neglect, incompetence and dishonesty.

Once you fire Doug Spiegel, you are still left fighting the damage he and his office staff has caused to your case for months on end. He is a disgrace to his clients and the legal community.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Myers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FGCU faculty seeks policy on hate speech 5 hr Happier abroad 1
Bartenders at the Indigo Room, 86 room are very... 16 hr Bar man 1
Shells Wed Ice Man 4
News Thousands to join Hispanic march (Jan '07) Tue Ice Man 4
News Cape Coral residents prepare for more fires Mar 19 clyde 3
my sons dad (Mar '12) Mar 19 Trumpette 19
Beaches of Fort Myers, Sanibel to be demolished... Mar 18 Trumpette 6

Fort Myers Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance