Heavy Voting Lines Facing Some Voters in Lehigh Acres

Full story: Lehigh Acres Gazette

Many voters are facing lengthy lines to cast their ballots on this Election Day 2012.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Nov 6, 2012
Terry

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

The problem is simple, someone opted for 1 machine with 12 vote selection booths. I timed the people using the machine and they were averaging 1 minute 20 seconds to cast their votes. We have 3500 plus registered voters signed at this location so do the math. You can process 45 voters per hour with 12 hours of open poles. Thats a total of 540 voters that can be processed. Look a bit closer in order to process 3500 voters you would hve to process 5 voters per minute. This means that only 20% will be able to vote. There should have been 5 or 6 voting machines at this location. As I understand it the manager of this location could have opted for more but choose 1 machine.

When I left the line was out to the parking lot and they had stopped processing new voters so the line was at a stop. Too bad we can not vote out the person that set this mess up!
ANGRY in Cape Coral

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

I worked until 6:00 this evening and went straight to my voting precinct. I arrived there at 6:30 and there was a line of at least 300 people wrapped around the building! I just sat in the car for a moment watching people handing out cases of bottled water. The line wasn't even moving.

After debating for a couple of minutes, I decided to leave. I guarantee those people will be there until easily 9:30 tonight. A man came out who was parked near me and he said there was only one woman inside helping people.

This sounds like very poor planning. How many people trned around an left without voting? They should have more locations with more staff.

I feel like I've been jipped.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Fort Myers Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fort Myers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••