Severely burned dog found in Fort Myers

Severely burned dog found in Fort Myers

There are 80 comments on the NBC2 News story from May 14, 2014, titled Severely burned dog found in Fort Myers. In it, NBC2 News reports that:

Lee County Domestic Animal Services is investigating a case of animal cruelty after a severely burned dog found in Fort Myers last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC2 News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Susan Pearson

Nicholls, GA

#1 May 14, 2014
Anyone who abuses animals should have the same thing done to them and see how they like it. I hope they get caught soon and I hope the dog will recover quickly.
Janet - Animal Lover

Vienna, VA

#2 May 14, 2014
Totally agree. These criminals are taking advantage of someone weaker than them. They should be branded and punished,
Susan Pearson wrote:
Anyone who abuses animals should have the same thing done to them and see how they like it. I hope they get caught soon and I hope the dog will recover quickly.
RoseMarie - Animal Lover

Kanopolis, KS

#3 May 14, 2014
Hope the criminal(s) are caught. Eye for an eye. Real brave,
Mikki

Liberal, KS

#4 May 14, 2014
Probably someone who needs to get a job! How about sitting in jail?
gaynor henry

Fargo, ND

#5 May 14, 2014
Another day, another animal horror story...this is just the icing on today's cake for me. It started with a cattle dog whose mouth was wired shut leaving permanent scars (8 months old), then segued into Border Collie hoarding, followed by a string of pitty pups and now this. I just want to put my head on the desk and cry, not just for the animals who suffer so terribly, but for us as a society that largely disregard these crimes. If we cannot even treat animals who have no voice with kindness and compassion, how on earth can we be expected to show either towards our fellow "humans"?
judy

Anchorage, AK

#6 May 14, 2014
The evil,soulless people who do that to animals shouldn't be on this earth!!!!
Patti

Ripon, WI

#7 May 14, 2014
I just want to cry! How can anyone be so cruel, evil! They think it's fun.
Christine

Saint Paul, MN

#8 May 14, 2014
judy wrote:
---I agree---load them up and send back to their planet of origin---hopefully with less than the needed amount of fuel to make the trip.
Kornelia Terrazas

Gurnee, IL

#9 May 14, 2014
I hope they catch the a***hole soon. Lets set him on fire so he'll know how it feels. Oh wait we can't do that cause it is against his civil rights.Well I say the hell with his rights, he gave the up when he did this horrible deed. Whats next you son of a ***** a child? he or she isn't going to stop till he or she is jailed. SERVES YOU RIGHT! AND I HOPE WHILE YOUR IN JAIL THE INMATES MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL.

Maria - New Jersey

Phillipsburg, NJ

#10 May 14, 2014
We should have an Eye for an Eye punishment for people who do this to Animals.

“Use renewable resources”

Since: Apr 11

Wear fur and save the earth

#11 May 14, 2014
Susan Pearson wrote:
By the same logic, shouldn't people who advocate doing this to other people suffer the same fate so they know how it feels? In your attempt to squelch animal abuse, you have become a far worse person than the person you despise. Doing this to an animal is one thing. Doing it to a fellow human is quite another.

#12 May 14, 2014
Maria - New Jersey wrote:
We should have an Eye for an Eye punishment for people who do this to Animals.
Eye for an eye makes the world go blind. With your sense of "justice," you will be one of the first.
Linda Payton

Mount Vernon, KY

#13 May 14, 2014
judy wrote:
I cannot get through one day anymore without hearing of some horrific story about what some human has done to an animal! This has to stop!!!! I believe if our legilators would enter some new laws on the books to actually punish these perpetrators things would change.
I am starting my personal campaign to get that done and then look out all you below human beings who abuse animals!!!!!
BigEd

Ellensburg, WA

#14 May 14, 2014
I agree, these kind of people need to be hung!
It WOULD be nice to get a real story on this and not just 2 sentences.

#15 May 14, 2014
Linda Payton wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot get through one day anymore without hearing of some horrific story about what some human has done to an animal! This has to stop!!!! I believe if our legilators would enter some new laws on the books to actually punish these perpetrators things would change.
I am starting my personal campaign to get that done and then look out all you below human beings who abuse animals!!!!!
Why are you so intent on putting people in prison who aren't dangerous to society? Just because someone does something that evokes and angry response from you does not mean they should go to prison. You are a strange person.
gracie

Tulsa, OK

#16 May 14, 2014
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so intent on putting people in prison who aren't dangerous to society? Just because someone does something that evokes and angry response from you does not mean they should go to prison. You are a strange person.
Sounds like your the strange person---. You don't think a person setting a dog on fire is not dangerous? So it sounds like your just like the rest of the animal abusers, who eventually go on to abusing people. Loser
jcs2000

Jacksonville, FL

#17 May 14, 2014
If you honestly believe that someone who burns animals doesn't pose a danger to society, then the only misguided person is you. Then again anybody so thinks "scabies are people too" is at a minimum dissociative but more likely delusional. Let me be the first to recommend a dose of IM haladol and couple of visits to a psychiatrist. Everything will make much more sense to you afterwards.

#18 May 14, 2014
gracie wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like your the strange person---. You don't think a person setting a dog on fire is not dangerous? So it sounds like your just like the rest of the animal abusers, who eventually go on to abusing people. Loser
That is actually a myth that is not substantiated by research. There is not any scientifically validated evidence that suggests that abusing animals is a predictor of future human abuse.

#19 May 14, 2014
jcs2000 wrote:
If you honestly believe that someone who burns animals doesn't pose a danger to society, then the only misguided person is you. Then again anybody so thinks "scabies are people too" is at a minimum dissociative but more likely delusional. Let me be the first to recommend a dose of IM haladol and couple of visits to a psychiatrist. Everything will make much more sense to you afterwards.
Any proof that burning animals is a danger to society?
Gisela

Fort Worth, TX

#20 May 14, 2014
A society, a people, a country are judged by how they treat the vunerable among them. This breaks my heart.
gaynor henry wrote:
Another day, another animal horror story...this is just the icing on today's cake for me. It started with a cattle dog whose mouth was wired shut leaving permanent scars (8 months old), then segued into Border Collie hoarding, followed by a string of pitty pups and now this. I just want to put my head on the desk and cry, not just for the animals who suffer so terribly, but for us as a society that largely disregard these crimes. If we cannot even treat animals who have no voice with kindness and compassion, how on earth can we be expected to show either towards our fellow "humans"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Myers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should popular vote replace electoral college i... Thu GloriusGoodness 30
LCEC Deposits In The Cape, Fox Four News Questi... (Feb '10) Nov 30 ICE man 68
Where is Caroline from Fucillo Kia (Jul '13) Nov 30 ICE man 41
News Shoppers stay vigilant after shooting near Gulf... Nov 28 Tommy 1
In America, it's the WOMAN'S job to ask the MAN... Nov 27 ICE man 6
Beaches of Fort Myers, Sanibel to be demolished... Nov 27 ICE man 3
Church is NOT a good place to meet a boyfriend/... Nov 27 ICE man 3

Fort Myers Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance