Anyone know Tommy Strayer? He passed away a few years ago.

Posted in the Fort Myers Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
a friend

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

We were friends and I was just seeking information on what exactly happened. Thanks
friend

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

i was able to find an obituary in the archives of the ft. myers new press. it was an atv accident on new years day 2004. just said he was making a sharp turn and was ejected from vehicle, not wearing a helmet, then passed away a day or two later. so sad. i just can't believe it. he was such a fun loving care free guy. he is definately missed.
Don Clifford

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

He was my best friend, it was New Years Day 2004 when he was pulling in to a driveway on an ATV and was thrown off. He broke his back in 5 places and severed his spinal cord. I wasn't there, I was living in California. He was a big Hurricanes fan and they were playing FSU which is my team. An FSU RB had just made a running play on Sean Taylor and my phone rang. I thought it was him, but it was my other friend Tom Strayer telling me that Tommy was dead. I passed out. Girlfriend picked up the phone from the floor and he told her. There is so much to this story for instance his GF was pregnant at the time and she was going to tell him but never had the chance. Today, 9 years later, his son looks exactly like him and is being raised in good hands. There is not a day goes by that I dont pray for him or think of him or his Father who was so close to him that he moved out of Ft. Myers shortly after to Tennessee.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fort Myers Discussions

Search the Fort Myers Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Health Care - Sanibel, FL 5 hr rebecca dill 2
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 11 hr True Words 2,616
FL 'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 15 hr AND 1,786
America's First Home Goes Under (Jan '08) Tue Eagle Point Resident 113
cape or Ft Myers? (Aug '08) Tue The Duke 46
Super Boat races brings big business to Englewood Tue Mike McGuinty 1
ladies how many men have you "slept" with (Nov '08) Mon Ben Gazzy 345
•••
•••
•••
Fort Myers Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••