Comments
61 - 80 of 108 Comments Last updated May 30, 2014
susan

East Longmeadow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86
Aug 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Unnamed wrote:
Ft.Myers itself and the surrounding areas are going threw the toughest times. It led the nation in foreclosures. Now the crime and the drugs are getting worse. The city became to big to quickly which is why it is what it is. However its recovering thanks to the people who do help and make the change.
In my opinion the crime has gone up cause the people who cant find a job in the crappy economy are doing what they have to do to survive. Im not talking about the drug dealer and users. Anywhere you go youll find scum holes and drunks and drug users/dealers.
I grew up on fmb and at that time it wasnt so bad, yea it had its issues just like anywhere else..but it has become worse and worse over the years. Perhaps thats cause of the tough times in the area. The traffic is just something you learn to deal with over time.
If you think the drunks or homeless are bad, try Orlando!
Lani Kai has always been known as a scum hole ever since I can remember. The Reef finally was removed and that was just as bad. I remember playing baseball and seeing them stumble lost and drunk out on the field. Ive read the above statements and the one person was correct. Unless you attend town hall meetings or plan to help change the place than you have no room to speak.
I still go to fmb when I visit cause I grew up there afterall. I love seeing old faces, going to my favorite bar my family went to and seeing my favorite bar tender thats served my family when I was growing up. Fmb is just that type of place where either you like it or dont. Yea you can go to Sanibel but who wants to pay 6$ for the bridge and 2$ a hour with no where to park. Now the sand might not be as nice, and not as many cool shells haha, I must agree.
Bonita beach is nice but its not as much as a tourist industry as fmb is, that how fmb survives, the tourist industry. Similar to here in Orlando.
Unless you grew up there like me I guess then you wouldnt understand the beach life. The people, the places, the smells, and the sounds. I even get a taste of fmb coming over the bridge and its home sweet home again. If you dont like it, move on or go back where you came from its that simple. Its the negative people who dont help the situation.
FMB and its people are in it for the better or worse which is matters. Eventually itll hit rock bottom ( if it hasnt already) and then its nowhere but up.
aloha
Fmb long time resident and now tourist :)
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND VISIT ANY OTHER PART OF FLORIDA BUT FORT MYERS BEACH.RUN DOWN OLD BUSINESSES,DIRTY WATER,STINKY SEAWEED,NOTHING TO DO,SIDESHOW TYPE BARS,BELOW AVERAGE FOOD,NO PARKING,TOO EXPENSIVE RUN DOWN CONDOS AND MOTELS, NO NIGHTLIFE,CROWDED,TINY ROADS AND VERY BACK WOODS.REAL BEACHES ARE NOT THIS BEACH!OLD RUN DOWN NASTY BEACHES LIKE THIS ARE JUST NOT AT ALL ENTICING ANYMORE-FOR LOCALS OR TOURISTS!
unnamed

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87
Aug 28, 2012
 
Ive been to many beaches within Florida. Siesta Key in Sarasota, Sanibel Located in Ft.Myers, Daytona and so on.

More than I can list lol...I love to surf and enjoy the beach.

I think my reasons are clear why I got to visit FMB.

Enticing or not your welcome to visit or find another spot just like everyone else. Its America we have that option.

However I when I visited recently I still see the German tourist and many other non locals from within the tri-county area. The one I spoke to loved it there. Perhaps its the crappy economy thats attracts people to the area...Considering you can buy a house for next to nothing now a days.
If everything is cheaper, one would think cheaper would draw people to the area...Lower hotel rates etc. I agree the motel/condos are old not all are run down however.

Then again seeing your from Mass explains it all...Just cause we have the Redsox stadium here doesnt mean anything...Its actually more of a pain of the butt when you have to stop cause they have 30 cops working a detail at the new stadium directing traffic almost causing accidents, for what.....Spring training games for a stadium they built almost overnight (in my opinion, not literally overnight lol) just to help boost our economy. I dont know if it worked or not...I guess its clear I like the Yankeee's :)
steven

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89
Aug 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

unnamed wrote:
Ive been to many beaches within Florida. Siesta Key in Sarasota, Sanibel Located in Ft.Myers, Daytona and so on.
More than I can list lol...I love to surf and enjoy the beach.
I think my reasons are clear why I got to visit FMB.
Enticing or not your welcome to visit or find another spot just like everyone else. Its America we have that option.
However I when I visited recently I still see the German tourist and many other non locals from within the tri-county area. The one I spoke to loved it there. Perhaps its the crappy economy thats attracts people to the area...Considering you can buy a house for next to nothing now a days.
If everything is cheaper, one would think cheaper would draw people to the area...Lower hotel rates etc. I agree the motel/condos are old not all are run down however.
Then again seeing your from Mass explains it all...Just cause we have the Redsox stadium here doesnt mean anything...Its actually more of a pain of the butt when you have to stop cause they have 30 cops working a detail at the new stadium directing traffic almost causing accidents, for what.....Spring training games for a stadium they built almost overnight (in my opinion, not literally overnight lol) just to help boost our economy. I dont know if it worked or not...I guess its clear I like the Yankeee's :)
DOESNT MATTER WHAT STATE ANY OF US ARE FROM.FORT MYERS BEACH IS A NASTY DUMP OF A BEACH SUITED TO BACKWOODS HAYSEEDS.FORT MYERS BEACH SIMPLY PUT-SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
james

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90
Sep 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

dylan2309 wrote:
If you don't like the beach leave and don't come back I'm sure someone else will gladly take your parking space. Nobody gives a rats ass.about your opinion. If you don't like it there's plenty of other beaches.
DUMPY RUN DOWN BEACH-DUMPY RUN DOWN PEOPLE-DECREPIT BUSINESSES-NASTY MOUTHY RUDE LOCALS-GO TO A BETTER PART OF FLORIDA THAN THIS RUN DOWN DUMP!!!!!!!!!!
james

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91
Sep 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

dylan2309 wrote:
If you don't like the beach leave and don't come back I'm sure someone else will gladly take your parking space. Nobody gives a rats ass.about your opinion. If you don't like it there's plenty of other beaches.
SPEAKING OF RATS ASSES,MOST OF THE LOCALS ON FORT MYERS BEACH LOOK JUST LIKE THAT-:)
JAMES

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92
Sep 8, 2012
 
dylan2309 wrote:
If you don't like the beach leave and don't come back I'm sure someone else will gladly take your parking space. Nobody gives a rats ass.about your opinion. If you don't like it there's plenty of other beaches.
THERE ARE NO PARKING SPACES ON WORST MYERS LOUSY BEACH-TONS OF PEOPLE TRYING TO PARK-BUT BARELY ANYWHERE TO PARK!!!!
MassExodus

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#93
Sep 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Q: Why is it that I can ALWAYS tell when someone from Massachusetts is speaking?

A: Because there's no other a%#hole like a masshole.

Go burn a witch, or something. We're all so sick of you.
Fuzzy

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94
Sep 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Yes, he and his posts are old and unimpressive.
joe

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95
Sep 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Fuzzy wrote:
Yes, he and his posts are old and unimpressive.
THIS FROM A WOMAN WHO CALLS HERSLEF"FUZZY".WOW IM SO IMPRESSED"FUZZY"WITH YOUR OUTLOOK-HOW MANY DRINKS HAVE YOU HAD TODAY?THINKING A BIT"FUZZY"?HAHHA
joe

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#96
Sep 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MassExodus wrote:
Q: Why is it that I can ALWAYS tell when someone from Massachusetts is speaking?
A: Because there's no other a%#hole like a masshole.
Go burn a witch, or something. We're all so sick of you.
HOW CAN YOU TELL WHEN SOMEONE FROM FLORIDA IS SPEAKING/YOU CANT UNDERSTAND THEM FROM THEIR SLURRING FROM DRINKING AND THEIR DUMB SOUTHERN DRAWLLLLL.IVE HEARD CHILDREN WITH BETTER COMEBACKS THAN THAT/SOUNDS LIKE YOU LOSERS ARE JUST LIKE FLORIDA-FADING QUICK.OH I SEE YOU HAVE THE NAME "MASS"IN YOUR NAME???BURN A WITCH OR SOMETHING/MAN TALK ABOUT A HALF ASSED SOUTHERNERS REPLY.NO THANKS ID RATHER LAUGH AT YOUR DUMB ASS REPLIES:)
joe

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#97
Sep 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Fuzzy wrote:
Yes, he and his posts are old and unimpressive.
SOUNDS LIKE WHAT THE GUYS ON THE BEACH SAY WHEN THEY SEE YOU CHUBBY FUZZY-OH LOOK THERES"FUZZY"OLD,UNI MPRESSIVE AND SCARY IN A BATHING SUIT-WRINKLY FAT ASS FUZZY:)
steve

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98
Sep 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MassExodus wrote:
Q: Why is it that I can ALWAYS tell when someone from Massachusetts is speaking?
A: Because there's no other a%#hole like a masshole.
Go burn a witch, or something. We're all so sick of you.
IVE GOT TO TAKE A FORT MYERS BEACH AND WIPE MY LEE COUNTY WITH MY ESTERO ISLAND TOILET PAPER:):)THATS FOR YOU FUZZY AND MASSEXODUS:)
MassExodus

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#99
Sep 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

steve wrote:
<quoted text>IVE GOT TO TAKE A FORT MYERS BEACH AND WIPE MY LEE COUNTY WITH MY ESTERO ISLAND TOILET PAPER:):)THATS FOR YOU FUZZY AND MASSEXODUS:)
Don't forget to flush it down the Boston.
steve

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100
Sep 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MassExodus wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget to flush it down the Boston.
THIS FROM A LOSER FROM TENNESSEE IN A FLORIDA FORUM.TENNESSEE,WHERE MEN ARE MEN AND SHEEP ARE SCARED.MAYBE IF MOMMY LET YOU OUT OF THE BASEMENT MORE OFTEN YOUD ACTUALLY HAVE SOME BRAINS.
steve

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#101
Sep 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MassExodus wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget to flush it down the Boston.
MASSEXODUSHOLE IS BACK I SEE.DID YOUR SHEEP GET TIRED OR ARE YOU JUST TAKING A BREAK FROM SCREWING IT UP THE HEINY:)
steve

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#102
Sep 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MassExodus wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget to flush it down the Boston.
WHY WOULD SOME BACKWOODS DUMBASS HICK FROM TENNESSEE BE IN A FLORIDA FORUM?
MassExodus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
Sep 10, 2012
 
steve wrote:
<quoted text>WHY WOULD SOME BACKWOODS DUMBASS HICK FROM TENNESSEE BE IN A FLORIDA FORUM?
You f@ckwitted simple sh;t! Haha. I wonder how many times a day you masturbate to the idiotic rants you "kind of" write - rants you'd never actually say to anyone - on here. Too numerous to properly count, I'd bet. If FMB sucks, It's probably the just the kind of beach you deserve, you lousy pr!ck. Go home and pretend your region of origination has a legendary anything. Kisses from Memphis, b:itcha$$
STEVE

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104
Sep 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MassExodus wrote:
<quoted text>
You f@ckwitted simple sh;t! Haha. I wonder how many times a day you masturbate to the idiotic rants you "kind of" write - rants you'd never actually say to anyone - on here. Too numerous to properly count, I'd bet. If FMB sucks, It's probably the just the kind of beach you deserve, you lousy pr!ck. Go home and pretend your region of origination has a legendary anything. Kisses from Memphis, b:itcha$$
OHH POORY BABY.SOUNDS LIKE THE SHEEP COMMENT GOT TO YOU?WONDER WHY THAT IS/BAHHHHH BAHHHHH !!!!!!!!
STEVE

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#105
Sep 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MassExodus wrote:
<quoted text>
You f@ckwitted simple sh;t! Haha. I wonder how many times a day you masturbate to the idiotic rants you "kind of" write - rants you'd never actually say to anyone - on here. Too numerous to properly count, I'd bet. If FMB sucks, It's probably the just the kind of beach you deserve, you lousy pr!ck. Go home and pretend your region of origination has a legendary anything. Kisses from Memphis, b:itcha$$
HMMM SO ALL THE SHEEP LOVERS ARE IN MEMPHIS :)
steve

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
Sep 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MassExodus wrote:
<quoted text>
You f@ckwitted simple sh;t! Haha. I wonder how many times a day you masturbate to the idiotic rants you "kind of" write - rants you'd never actually say to anyone - on here. Too numerous to properly count, I'd bet. If FMB sucks, It's probably the just the kind of beach you deserve, you lousy pr!ck. Go home and pretend your region of origination has a legendary anything. Kisses from Memphis, b:itcha$$
BAHHHH BAHHH BLACK SHEEP:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Fort Myers Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fort Myers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Fort Myers News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort Myers
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••