Orlando home prices buck U.S.

Home prices fell in about half of the nation's metro markets and throughout much of Florida in the fourth quarter, but the Orlando market posted a slight increase from the same period a year earlier, surveys ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John Edwards

Saint Cloud, FL

#23 Feb 18, 2007
Hillary wrote:
You will not have to worry about this after I'm elected President; I will be abrogating all personal property rights.
you are so right Hillary. We need to take homes and corporate profits and spread them out evenly amoung the entire village.
Unbelievable

San Antonio, TX

#24 Feb 18, 2007
I would have said you were right --- until the announced the opening of Walmart near you. That is a huge risk factor as you just might get the other side of the equation moving in. Look at MetroWest.
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
The higher the tolls get and the worse the congestion gets the more my College Park property will be worth, also.

Since: Jan 07

Lake Worth, FL

#25 Feb 18, 2007
i will destroy the houses in orlando by calling in the big bad wolf to blow the houses down
chuck ornellas

United States

#26 Mar 8, 2007
the average price per home in the orlando area was published at 249k in 2006 (and now)

the average household income in the orlando area was published to be 46k in 2006.

anyone want to do the math?
D Lucille

Owensboro, KY

#28 Mar 11, 2007
chuck ornellas wrote:
the average price per home in the orlando area was published at 249k in 2006 (and now)
the average household income in the orlando area was published to be 46k in 2006.
anyone want to do the math?
Those statements and stats are too broad. If you want real demographics, you have to go to county websites and then check by zip codes. That's where the real numbers are. My neighborhood and zip are doing great. Some aren't.
chuck ornellas

United States

#29 Sep 24, 2012
anyone want to review the past to see who was right?

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#30 Sep 24, 2012
chuck ornellas wrote:
anyone want to review the past to see who was right?
Thanks for the chuckle, my favorite was the guy in College Park who was convinced that higher Xway tolls would improve the value of his home. I wonder if he still has that home?

Did you notice that no one was fussing about Obama, Barney or the CRA?

The old Bobby Ginn threads are also fun to read through.
chuck ornellas

United States

#31 Sep 24, 2012
yep

I will bet that all those that thought everything was doing "just great", have all begged for gov't support, saying things like......."I didn't know, I was duped, the bad banks, I AM A VICTIM".

I couldn't understand how everyone didn't see that two people working in service related jobs, making 46k, could be buying 300k homes, without something being wrong......

the sad part.......is all of us that could see it, and did not fall into the trap of excesses, are now stuck paying the bills for those that told us we were stupid.

hell........it turns out (thanks to our gov't).....maybe we are?

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#32 Sep 24, 2012
chuck ornellas wrote:
yep
I will bet that all those that thought everything was doing "just great", have all begged for gov't support, saying things like......."I didn't know, I was duped, the bad banks, I AM A VICTIM".
I couldn't understand how everyone didn't see that two people working in service related jobs, making 46k, could be buying 300k homes, without something being wrong......
the sad part.......is all of us that could see it, and did not fall into the trap of excesses, are now stuck paying the bills for those that told us we were stupid.
hell........it turns out (thanks to our gov't).....maybe we are?
LOL and D Lucille of Deltona...that house is currently worth 1/3 of it's 07 value and likely surrounded by abandoned homes.

I remember the realtors and mortgage brokers bragging about all the business and the easy money, more than a few of them are now renting and rebuilding their credit after filing bankruptcy.

I hope this thread sticks around long enough for a couple of the original posters to notice it.
chuck ornellas

United States

#33 Sep 25, 2012
nope......everyone that thought things were great, now have amnesia, and if asked, we not part of the home ATM programs.

funny how the human spirit causes us to forget the bad and to only remember the good.

maybe that thought process this needed, as I wouldn't expect women would have a 2nd child, otherwise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Myers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stoneybrook in Gateway Tue LEO 477 2
McDonald's new billboards Tue LEO 477 2
Ronnetta Sasher Nov 24 Sasher 1
Rick Scott's speech (especially in his heart) Nov 21 Tea Party Governo... 2
Last weekend to take in the fair Nov 21 American citizen 1
Florida Mother, Daughter Give Birth on Same Day Nov 17 DILF 8
ladies how many men have you "slept" with (Nov '08) Nov 16 jskip 547
Fort Myers Dating
Find my Match

Fort Myers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fort Myers News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort Myers

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:39 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:39PM
Tannehill on the upswing heading into Jets game - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:26 PM
Dolphins vs. Jets: Breaking Down New York's Game Plan
Bleacher Report 4:44 PM
Breaking Down Dolphins Game Plan vs. Jets
NBC Sports 7:53 PM
Bills awarded returner Marcus Thigpen on waivers
Bleacher Report 8:32 PM
Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets: What Are Experts Saying About New York?