Hooters of Fort Myers permits posing for still photos, but not videotaping.

Posted in the Fort Myers Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Restaurant news

Immokalee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 9, 2010
 
Hooters is indeed a great place to dine, and better yet, the Hooters restaurant of Fort Myers is one of those places that allows posing for photos and pictures, even with waitresses. Unfortunately, however, videotaping is prohibited at the restaurant by the general manager/owner. Neither waitresses nor customers are allowed to videotape at Hooters of Fort Myers.
US Marshalls

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 1, 2010
 
The entire United States of America is all private property! You can not videotape any part of the entire country. In fact, Congress is currently writing another new law making posession, sale, or use of a video camera illegal in the United States of America and punishable by up to 5 years in prison.
FmrWVgal

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 4, 2010
 
US Marshalls wrote:
The entire United States of America is all private property! You can not videotape any part of the entire country. In fact, Congress is currently writing another new law making posession, sale, or use of a video camera illegal in the United States of America and punishable by up to 5 years in prison.
Kindly post the proposed bill number so interested parties can contact their elected officials concerning their opinions on this matter.
US Marshals

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 7, 2010
 
FmrWVgal wrote:
<quoted text>
Kindly post the proposed bill number so interested parties can contact their elected officials concerning their opinions on this matter.
Section 197.33 of Breach of Federal Copyright.
guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 8, 2010
 
wow
US Marshals

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 21, 2010
 

Judged:

1

In addition, by the way, it is also illegal in the USA to be friendly and sociable with anyone not part of your immediate family. That is statutory stalking and is punishable by 20 to 50 years in prison. That is one reason the authorities in the South may seem like scrooges. With Congress and all Federal law making authorities moved to DuPage County, Illinois, anything that is illegal in DuPage County, Illinois is illegal in the entire United States of America.
Upset

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 30, 2010
 
welcome to the new North Korea!
FBI Warning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 23, 2011
 
Restaurant news wrote:
Hooters is indeed a great place to dine, and better yet, the Hooters restaurant of Fort Myers is one of those places that allows posing for photos and pictures, even with waitresses. Unfortunately, however, videotaping is prohibited at the restaurant by the general manager/owner. Neither waitresses nor customers are allowed to videotape at Hooters of Fort Myers.
Whoever you were to have thought it was okay to film at Hooters, you better really listen here! The entire United States Hooters chain, which includes every single Hooters restaurant in the United States of America, is protected by Federal Motion Picture Copyright. Even if you, hypothetically, had the okay from every single customer, waitress, and manager in the whole restaurant, filming/videotaping at Hooters for any reason is a felony and is punishable by very easily 5 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. In addition, the Hooters restaurant where filming took place can very easily also be immediately shut down by the FBI, and all managers and waitresses of that Hooters can also be sentenced to up to 5 years in prison and fined up to $250,000 for allowing breach of Federal Motion Picture Copyright to take place.
FBI Warning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 25, 2011
 
Additionally, not only is videotaping inside a Hooters restaurant punishable by up to 5 years in prison and a $250,000 fine, but in fact, videotaping within less than 1,000 feet of a Hooters establishment within the United States of America is also a violation of Federal Motion Picture Copyright and punishable by up to 5 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

In Illinois, the law is 3 miles and 6 city blocks!
FBI Warning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 13, 2011
 
By the way, under USA Copyright law, even mere posession of a Hooters video is a Felony and punishable by up to 5 years in prison plus a $250,000 fine. And uploading it to, for instance, Youtube or other video blog website carries triple that penalty! Yes, that means, uploading it to Youtube is punishable by up to 15 years in prison plus a $750,000 fine. Yes, you read correctly, 15 years in prison plus a $750,000 fine.
Crystal Lake

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 25, 2011
 
FBI Warning wrote:
<quoted text>
In addition, the Hooters restaurant where filming took place can very easily also be immediately shut down by the FBI, and all managers and waitresses of that Hooters can also be sentenced to up to 5 years in prison and fined up to $250,000 for allowing breach of Federal Motion Picture Copyright to take place.
That is exactly what happened to/at the Hooters of Crystal Lake, Illinois! Even worse, the video customer at Hooters of Crystal Lake is in fact facing up to 70 years in prison! The Hooters of Crystal Lake has since been shuttered, the property fenced off, and surrounded by signs saying "U.S. Property, No Trespassing."
He who knows

Cicero, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 20, 2012
 
Disorderly conduct is likely, but it actually seems totally unlikely that someone who videotaped Hooters would go to jail for Copyright infringement. As for US Marshals, everyone in America has a right to be friendly and social towards one another.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Fort Myers Forum right now

Search the Fort Myers Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Nursing assistant arrested for stealing 94-year... 2 hr Cuban Coffee 1
Residents blame gate for string of N. Fort Myer... 4 hr LEO 477 2
ladies how many men have you "slept" with (Nov '08) 9 hr Sherry 501
Do you approve of Tom Leonardo as Council Member? Thu Anonymous 1
Deloy Wilkerson (Sep '09) Wed wahaha 2
St. Pete Pride could draw record crowd (Jun '13) Jul 8 john 14
Review: Prosperity Pointe Marina Jul 5 The TRUE Prosperity Point 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fort Myers Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fort Myers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Fort Myers News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort Myers
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••