Review: Animal Hospital Of Bonita - Rhonda Kirwan DVM

Posted in the Fort Myers Beach Forum

Anonymous

Fort Myers, FL

#1 Apr 1, 2009
This vet and staff are extremely unknowledgeable. I had been going to this office for years. My dog had been sick for 2months and Kirwan could not give me a diagnosis. She treated my dog for everything under the sun and i spent thousands of dollars. Finally after no answers, i decided to get another opinion. Within one visit at the new vet, I had an answer. She milked me for every penny and didn't care about my pet. I recommend that you do not go here.
No compassion

Fort Myers, FL

#2 Jun 26, 2009
No compassion. She put a lost dog to sleep without bothering to scan for a micro-chip (which it had).
Carol Furtwengler

United States

#3 Sep 12, 2009
We had two dachshunds that we took to Dr. Kirwan. She always provided excellent service and her staff was also very pleasant and helpful. I think she really cares about animals.
Laura

Cape Coral, FL

#4 Apr 14, 2012
She will bleed you slowly until all your money has been spent. We spent $3000 on a 15 year old cat only to find out he had lymphoma and needed to be put out of his misery. This should have been detected in the beginning. He went months suffering and our money down the drain. When it was finally time to put my sweet cat to sleep she bursted in the room and loudly said "Oh, is it your time?" No compassion. I should have walked out and went somewhere else to end his suffering. I will never recommend her, she is out for profit only. It makes me ill to think that I entrusted her with my animals. I go to Estero Animal Hospital and entrust Dr. Kirk with all my babies, and am so blessed to have found him.
Elizabeth

Fort Myers, FL

#5 Mar 12, 2013
She is a horrible person. I took my wonderful chihuahua who has never bitten anyone ever to her because he's been sneezing. Keep in mind, my other dog ran out into traffic and was killed two weeks ago. Did she care or even say sorry? No. What she did say was that my chihuahua should never have been sold to me and should have been euthanized because chihuahuas nip. She then proceeded to turn to me and tell me that my dog that weighs no more than 6 pounds will rip my face off and that we should euthanize him. She has absolutely no compassion for anything or anyone. When I told hero stops as she was upsetting me, she decided that nothing was wrong with my dog. She then stuck the thermometer unto his butt to take his temperature again just to make sure she said. When he growled at her, she again said that we should have him euthanized. She then charged me 88 dollars for something that I could have done and barely looked at my dog. She is out for a profit and does not care about animals like she says she does. I love her staff, they are nice and caring people, but Dr. Kirwan should not be a vet.
ronaldm3

Longwood, FL

#6 Mar 13, 2013
Most the people i've met in the medical proffession entered into the trade for monetary reasons only.
Carol of Bonita Springs

Estero, FL

#7 Mar 16, 2013
I brought my 10 yr. old Papillion to Dr. Kirwan last year. She was very sensitive, knowledgeable in how to treat my four legged girlfriend. Dr. Kirwin recommended I could spend money for an encoscopy, but didn't want me to spend all that money so we tried alternative treatment. She has always showed nothing but love for my pets. I had told her a story about my Papillion related to my Dad and she and her staff tried to hold back tears. When my little girl past away suddenly, Dr. Kirwin and her staff were very sad. In turn knowing she did everything possible to save my pet, I sent her flowers. I will always continue to have her treat my pets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Myers Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for richard folger (Feb '11) 9 hr mialo 3
Florida Panther on Sanibel Island, Florida (Dec '08) 10 hr OldFlorida 20
Review; Rack'em Billiards in Cape Coral. (Dec '12) Dec 13 LEO 477 11
Tell Mel: Don't cross Honest Ziggy's in North F... (Feb '10) Dec 9 shigs 75
Lani Kai revamps rooms and reputation with $500... (Jun '14) Nov '14 JIM 8
Error prompts $2,514 water bill for Cape Coral ... (Mar '11) Nov '14 ActionMgt 4
Naples woman steals cell mate's debit card number Nov '14 American 15
More from around the web

Fort Myers Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fort Myers Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort Myers Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:50 pm PST

Bleacher Report 8:50PM
What the Buccaneers Can Do to Salvage Rest of 2014 Regular Season