Cable Tv of East Alabama
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shawn

Phenix City, AL

#1 Jul 10, 2012
Here is a comment I recently sent to CTEVA. I would like to see what other customers think about their service and get the word out that Data capping is not the way of the future of media content distribution.
Hello, new customer here recently moved to Phenix City from rural upstate New York.
My first impressions of ctvea is of major dis-appointment. First I have lived in many places in the country since high speed cable internet has been introduced, from Hawaii to Nebraska. I have to say this is the most expensive service and lowest quality for my dollar I have ever received. Back in 2001 with Cox Communications in Nebraska I was getting 6mbps down and 768mbps upload for less than what I pay with CTVEA, up in Watertown New York a rural community I had time warner cable with 30mbps down and 2mbps up and a superior on demand service for less than what I pay with ctvea with no data cap. My point is the customer with CTVEA is getting far less for more than most of the country for the most part. This unreasonably low data cap limit of 75GB is of the great concern to me. Comcast tried this with 250gb cap and had to suspend the practice after various litigation and law suits, I created my email account with your service and it says data usage unavailable. This alone makes me consider filling a lawsuit. I dont have a choice in my neighborhood for another high speed service, CTVEA has the monopoly here. I do not consider myself a heavy down loader or a hindrance to the rest of the network. I do buy all my games digitally on the web through services like steam and orgin and some games are 10 gig themselves. I do this because I never have to worry about the CD, I own it on the cloud and can re download it to new pc's or systems with ease. We like to stream netflix and hulu plus and amazon prime videos, but again my 75gig cap will come into play. I see the business model here. It is to restrict customers from using such services keeping us on your digital cable subscription. Well on that note your service has much to be sought. The channel browser is outdated by about 10 years, your HD channel list is so few I see why there are Direct TV and Dish networks setups all over the neighborhood and I would be using them as well if I was not forced to have cable tv with the internet service. Time warner allowed me to dis-continue my cable tv service and just maintain there internet services.
Moving to the area we where excited to be in the south with warm weather and living in a nice community here in bridge-water, phenix city with lower taxes than
Georgia. I can tell you this total lack of value for money spent on CTVEA has given me a mission to consider what options I must take. I know I just sound like another spoiled customer, this is the new business model Americans have come to loath. I will begin to spread the word, lobby and get the word out to the people of East Alabama that CTVEA may not be the answer for future media content distribution and push for more competition in the sector. I hope management takes the time to read my comment for the sake of all the customers in the area that just dont know or care that they are being over-charged for in my opinion a service that was not up to par with 2002 cable tv/internet services.
I only hope to improve the quality and quantity of service for all CTVEA customers and look forward to improvements. We have enough Corporations out there that do not respect there customers, I hope CTVEA can put the customer first and gain a following of good services and support from there subscribers. This alone will keep people coming back and new customers subscribing. Thank you.
Shawn

Phenix City, AL

#2 Jul 10, 2012
I am looking for feedback from other customers and any advice on how to proceed. I would like to see other providers offered and create some competition in the market here. Bottom line East Alabama's deserve more, being a recent purchase of a home in the Phenix City area I am proud become a resident of of Alabama and would like to see action before these corporations regulate and bleed us dry. At $1.50 per gb over the cap this is a outrage. Comcast tried a 250 GB limit and it has been suspended Cable Tv of East Alabama has a 75 GB limit. I could probably l remain content.

Perplex

United States

#3 Aug 7, 2012
Dude seriously? Ok I understand you are not from around here, I get that. However, CTVEA is not goin to give a hot slimy fuck what you think about their data cap, and bang for your buck. They are a shady company that has worked with the city to keep out other cable companies from phenix city forever. Before they even can think about expanding speeds or removing caps, they need to make sure, at least, that their service is even working in the first place.

Check their reviews from anywhere you can find them. From shitty customer service, to data crawling at unbearable speeds, to no connection at all. They don't give a fuck because they are the ONLY cable provider for phenix city. You want reliable? Get dsl. You want faster? Move to Columbus. Thanks.

“Pair of Socks”

Since: Dec 06

.Beats an Ace High

#4 Aug 21, 2012
Have to agree they suck,..

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#5 Aug 31, 2012
Shawn wrote:
Here is a comment I recently sent to CTEVA. I would like to see what other customers think about their service and get the word out that Data capping is not the way of the future of media content distribution.
Hello, new customer here recently moved to Phenix City from rural upstate New York.
My first impressions of ctvea is of major dis-appointment. First I have lived in many places in the country since high speed cable internet has been introduced, from Hawaii to Nebraska. I have to say this is the most expensive service and lowest quality for my dollar I have ever received. Back in 2001 with Cox Communications in Nebraska I was getting 6mbps down and 768mbps upload for less than what I pay with CTVEA, up in Watertown New York a rural community I had time warner cable with 30mbps down and 2mbps up and a superior on demand service for less than what I pay with ctvea with no data cap. My point is the customer with CTVEA is getting far less for more than most of the country for the most part. This unreasonably low data cap limit of 75GB is of the great concern to me. Comcast tried this with 250gb cap and had to suspend the practice after various litigation and law suits, I created my email account with your service and it says data usage unavailable. This alone makes me consider filling a lawsuit. I dont have a choice in my neighborhood for another high speed service, CTVEA has the monopoly here. I do not consider myself a heavy down loader or a hindrance to the rest of the network. I do buy all my games digitally on the web through services like steam and orgin and some games are 10 gig themselves. I do this because I never have to worry about the CD, I own it on the cloud and can re download it to new pc's or systems with ease. We like to stream netflix and hulu plus and amazon prime videos, but again my 75gig cap will come into play. I see the business model here. It is to restrict customers from using such services keeping us on your digital cable subscription. Well on that note your service has much to be sought. The channel browser is outdated by about 10 years, your HD channel list is so few I see why there are Direct TV and Dish networks setups all over the neighborhood and I would be using them as well if I was not forced to have cable tv with the internet service. Time warner allowed me to dis-continue my cable tv service and just maintain there internet services.
Moving to the area we where excited to be in the south with warm weather and living in a nice community here in bridge-water, phenix city with lower taxes than
Georgia. I can tell you this total lack of value for money spent on CTVEA has given me a mission to consider what options I must take. I know I just sound like another spoiled customer, this is the new business model Americans have come to loath. I will begin to spread the word, lobby and get the word out to the people of East Alabama that CTVEA may not be the answer for future media content distribution and push for more competition in the sector. I hope management takes the time to read my comment for the sake of all the customers in the area that just dont know or care that they are being over-charged for in my opinion a service that was not up to par with 2002 cable tv/internet services.
I only hope to improve the quality and quantity of service for all CTVEA customers and look forward to improvements. We have enough Corporations out there that do not respect there customers, I hope CTVEA can put the customer first and gain a following of good services and support from there subscribers. This alone will keep people coming back and new customers subscribing. Thank you.
I think the biggest problem with Phenix City Cable-TV is the huge area they cover and the relatively small staff they have to cover this area,

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Coweta Native

Phenix City, AL

#7 Sep 25, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the biggest problem with Phenix City Cable-TV is the huge area they cover and the relatively small staff they have to cover this area,
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
And why is that the case?

Are you saying they dont mind taking your money and are more than willing to provide a sub-standard product and not hire enough people to cover their service area? There are plenty of people who have the skills to do the work and are in need of jobs in this area so what`s the problem?

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#8 Sep 25, 2012
Coweta Native wrote:
<quoted text>
And why is that the case?
Are you saying they dont mind taking your money and are more than willing to provide a sub-standard product and not hire enough people to cover their service area? There are plenty of people who have the skills to do the work and are in need of jobs in this area so what`s the problem?
Good questions, although I'm not the person to ask them of...

--
"Over You" / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_132...
Heather

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Oct 2, 2012
Hi,I agree with you CTVEA is horrible. When they came to set up our cable (with HDTV) the guy who barely spoke clearly enough from us to understand set up our cable and we were completely dissatisfied and he looked at us like it was the best quality ever. I have a question that maybe someone can answe for me. I was on a plan to pay 40.00 a month for 6 month and 110 (including tax) for the next 6 months. We are in our 8th month and our bill is now 126. They have always charged us two type of cheap taxes (don't know why there is 2 types), and now were are wing charged 28.00 for telephone tax. We don't even have a telephone hooked up (but we have the bundle). I'm unfamiliar with what a telephone tax is, an I'm not sure why it is suddenly showing up. Is this tax due to using too much Internet data or just another way for them to take money from us.my husband called and they told him they didn't know what it was and can't fix it. I'm hoping someone else can answer this for me. I feel that I shouldnt have to pay this tax. Also this tax is dated 9/17 but our bill is from 9/27-10/27. Can anyone provide me a decent answer???

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#10 Oct 5, 2012
Heather wrote:
Hi,I agree with you CTVEA is horrible. When they came to set up our cable (with HDTV) the guy who barely spoke clearly enough from us to understand set up our cable and we were completely dissatisfied and he looked at us like it was the best quality ever. I have a question that maybe someone can answe for me. I was on a plan to pay 40.00 a month for 6 month and 110 (including tax) for the next 6 months. We are in our 8th month and our bill is now 126. They have always charged us two type of cheap taxes (don't know why there is 2 types), and now were are wing charged 28.00 for telephone tax. We don't even have a telephone hooked up (but we have the bundle). I'm unfamiliar with what a telephone tax is, an I'm not sure why it is suddenly showing up. Is this tax due to using too much Internet data or just another way for them to take money from us.my husband called and they told him they didn't know what it was and can't fix it. I'm hoping someone else can answer this for me. I feel that I shouldnt have to pay this tax. Also this tax is dated 9/17 but our bill is from 9/27-10/27. Can anyone provide me a decent answer???
I'm not sure if this is the answer, Heather, but it sure seems to relate.

When I'm over in Alabama and I want to add, say $20 to my cell phone, the charge is for close to $21, and I'm told it is to "pay for" 911 service.

Maybe the Cable bill is also including something like this on your bills now?

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Katie

Columbus, GA

#11 Oct 16, 2012
This is such a disgusting cable company that I've ever had. Trust me I've been through a lot. The internet is too much, always going out and they tell me there's nothing they can do about it. When I was told I had to hook up the internet I knew there was going to be trouble with their company.I get no cable box unless I upgrade and to upgrade I have to pay lots for them to come back out. The customer serves people are rude. If you don't like doing your job go get a F****ing new one. When the guy came out to hook the cable up he was nothing but rude, made me hook up the wires, barely spoke and didn't even say hi or bye. When he first came, he had to come back and god forbid he had to do his damn job. Poor cable company, I'm thinking of writing the governor about this cable company. It needs to be stop or they need to allow Charter to come into the area.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#12 Oct 23, 2012
Katie wrote:
This is such a disgusting cable company that I've ever had. Trust me I've been through a lot. The internet is too much, always going out and they tell me there's nothing they can do about it. When I was told I had to hook up the internet I knew there was going to be trouble with their company.I get no cable box unless I upgrade and to upgrade I have to pay lots for them to come back out. The customer serves people are rude. If you don't like doing your job go get a F****ing new one. When the guy came out to hook the cable up he was nothing but rude, made me hook up the wires, barely spoke and didn't even say hi or bye. When he first came, he had to come back and god forbid he had to do his damn job. Poor cable company, I'm thinking of writing the governor about this cable company. It needs to be stop or they need to allow Charter to come into the area.
Wow... don't mince words, say what you really feel...

--
"Over You" / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All Stars
http://youtu.be/4rvCp_xzWH8
Bonnie

Senoia, GA

#13 Oct 28, 2012
Try At&t for internet. I can get At&t here at Fort Mitchell. Surely you can get it in Phenix City. I do have CTVEA, for cable. I have the basic package, and it is too expensive for the quality. I am considering Dish Network.
Robert

Phenix City, AL

#14 Jan 27, 2013
I just switched from direct tv to cable. Live in smiths station and if you dont have att now you cant get it.

Anyway. Yeah cable sucks hardly any HD channels. Internet has been great no problem there just capped at 75gb and stuff. I signed up for the one year deal at like 100 bucks for DVR and internet. I like it for the price but once my year is up i am going back to direct and will just wing it for internet. I hate the options out here. But there aint nothing we can do until companies are allowed to come out here.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#15 Jan 27, 2013
Robert wrote:
I just switched from direct tv to cable. Live in smiths station and if you dont have att now you cant get it.
Anyway. Yeah cable sucks hardly any HD channels. Internet has been great no problem there just capped at 75gb and stuff. I signed up for the one year deal at like 100 bucks for DVR and internet. I like it for the price but once my year is up i am going back to direct and will just wing it for internet. I hate the options out here. But there aint nothing we can do until companies are allowed to come out here.
Well, with East Alabama Cable-TV you have access to Channel 7, the best local programming in the area:

Here's the link, in case you missed it, to the Columbus-Phenix City music scene is abundantly documented on videos filmed by East Alabama Cable-TV, and also available on their YouTube channel.
So for those, like you, who are unfamilar with the music scene in Columbus-Phenix City then and now, the scene is also thriving with talent of every variety, including examples of the music of The Conley Brothers:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RusticViewer07/vi...

No Ballyhoo, just documented facts, these videos give a representative overview of the local Columbus-Phenix City music scene with videos from local talent both young and old.

--
"Idle Hour Night" / Shadowville All-Stars 2013:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/...
Robert

Phenix City, AL

#16 Feb 25, 2013
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, with East Alabama Cable-TV you have access to Channel 7, the best local programming in the area:
Here's the link, in case you missed it, to the Columbus-Phenix City music scene is abundantly documented on videos filmed by East Alabama Cable-TV, and also available on their YouTube channel.
So for those, like you, who are unfamilar with the music scene in Columbus-Phenix City then and now, the scene is also thriving with talent of every variety, including examples of the music of The Conley Brothers:
http://www.youtube.com/user/RusticViewer07/vi...
No Ballyhoo, just documented facts, these videos give a representative overview of the local Columbus-Phenix City music scene with videos from local talent both young and old.
--
"Idle Hour Night" / Shadowville All-Stars 2013:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/...
I dont really care about ch 7 or local music. Just not my cup of tea

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#17 Feb 25, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont really care about ch 7 or local music. Just not my cup of tea
To each his own, I reckon...
DogGone

Phenix City, AL

#18 Feb 25, 2013
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
To each his own, I reckon...
With all the great local talent and entertainment that Channel-7 provides you A-holes should be paying double the present rate so shut-up or go to your only other choice (AT&T internet and Dish)!

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#19 Feb 25, 2013
DogGone wrote:
<quoted text>
With all the great local talent and entertainment that Channel-7 provides you A-holes should be paying double the present rate so shut-up or go to your only other choice (AT&T internet and Dish)!
I have to agree that Channel 7 is the most innovative independent programming anywhere in this viewing area, but I understand the feelings of the folks who would like to at least have a choice.

--
"Over You" / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All Stars
http://youtu.be/4rvCp_xzWH8
Rolly

Marietta, GA

#20 Feb 28, 2013
DogGone wrote:
<quoted text>
With all the great local talent and entertainment that Channel-7 provides you A-holes should be paying double the present rate so shut-up or go to your only other choice (AT&T internet and Dish)!
LOOOOOL

ty.... Haven't laughed all day
Ahem! we already do pay double for less.
Left PC

Montgomery, AL

#21 Mar 12, 2013
I'm so thankful to have knology back now that I'm in a bigger town. I complained about it before, but after have CTVEA, I won't complain agains.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Mitchell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Ride of Silence" honors victims of bike tragedies May 17 Will Dockery 1
child custody/family law May 17 guest 1
News Phenix City mayor unveils plans to revitalize city (Nov '13) May 16 Will Dockery 2
News "Need For Speed" is the latest of several movie... (Mar '14) May 15 Will Dockery 2
Missing mother...Lisa Altimari-Wallace...LE co... (Nov '12) May 6 Audrey 22 27
Crawford Rd. Marathon Store Apr '15 BillyJack 1
Fundraiser honors Phenix City couple who was mu... Apr '15 Angie F 1
More from around the web

Fort Mitchell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]