Fort Mill neighborhoods

Fort Mill neighborhoods

Posted in the Fort Mill Forum

Lucy

Williston, SC

#1 Dec 1, 2010
My husband and I are thinking about moving to the Fort Mill area but need some advice on what neighborhoods to look at. We definitely want to be in the Fort Mill school district. We don't have kids yet, but hopefully will in the next couple of years. We are looking for this to be our home for a while so we want to make sure we make the right decision. Also, our price range is anywhere from $200-$250 at most. I was hoping for some guidance on some of the more popular neighborhoods. We definitely want to stay away from the boxy, generic looking houses. We really like Baxter (who wouldn't!) but unfortunately the homes that are in our price range are too small. They are basically the size of the condo we have now. I know you pay more to live in Baxter so we will settle for a neighborhood close by. I just know we can get more for the money somewhere else. If anyone can offer any guidance we would really appreciate it. Thank you!
Stric9

Rock Hill, SC

#2 Dec 3, 2010
Nobody who lives in Baxter is actually from Fort Mill.....
Look in the back of Tega Cay (They are building a new elementary school next year).
Stric9

Rock Hill, SC

#3 Dec 3, 2010
PS - Talk to Elaine Siegel of First Properties. She's the best in this area.
www.tegacay-fortmill.com
Jaynee

Fort Mill, SC

#4 Dec 6, 2010
There are lots of good neighborhoods, including Sutton Place, Knightsbridge, Waterstone, and Whitley Mills. That's only a handful - but there are a LOT to choose from that have homes in that price range. I didn't even mention any of the ones in the Regent Park area or in Tega Cay.

You can't go wrong with most any place inside the 29708 or 29715 area codes.
Pete Shelton Jr

Indian Trail, NC

#5 Dec 10, 2010
I like Legacy Park on Shelly Mullis Road (my GPS pronounces it Mooolis, LOL!). It's big, on both sides of the road. The houses are well kept and neat. Granted some of the houses are smaller, first time homebuyer places but it is a good neighborhood with nice ammenities and an excellent homeowners association. There are some better homes and larger homes in Legacy. The prices are right in line with what you desire too. Good luck. We like it here a lot!
One up

Rock Hill, SC

#6 Dec 31, 2010
Move to Charlotte, there are to many people moving down here now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Mill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tega cay police department (Apr '09) 4 hr Realist 27
please read this Jun 24 true person 2
Review: Otterbacher Shows (Sep '13) Jun 22 Unknown 13
Lynderboro St. (Sep '11) Jun 2 Mark 18
Local Minister (Aug '15) May '16 Curious 4
Larry (Shade Tree Auto) (Mar '10) May '16 Timrock 13
Long Lost Friend, Nathan Tiller... Looking for ... Apr '16 xrastaxmamaxmandax 1

Fort Mill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance