Town baffled by family's murder

Town baffled by family's murder

There are 6 comments on the The Gazette story from Oct 15, 2006, titled Town baffled by family's murder. In it, The Gazette reports that:

Bonaparte and the surrounding communities in Van Buren and Lee counties seemed stunned and baffled by the unexplained murder of five members of the Michael Bentler family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gazette.

Tweedle Dee

AOL

#1 Oct 16, 2006
Iowa needs to bring back the death penalty. This guy is an animal.
iowa girl

Camarillo, CA

#2 Oct 20, 2006
those people were close friends of the family. i would love to find out what possessed him to do this. i heard drugs were suspected?!
Iowa guy

United States

#3 Oct 21, 2006
The death penalty is not a bad idea in cases such as these when the identity of the perpetrator is known for sure, however, there are cases in which innocent people are sentenced to death. Just visit a prison and I believe you will agree that Life in Prison is a sufficient punishment.
Tweedle Dee

AOL

#4 Oct 21, 2006
Iowa guy wrote:
The death penalty is not a bad idea in cases such as these when the identity of the perpetrator is known for sure, however, there are cases in which innocent people are sentenced to death. Just visit a prison and I believe you will agree that Life in Prison is a sufficient punishment.
Agreed. Life in prison would be the most miserable of punishment for the guilty and a grievous injustice to those wrongfully convicted. I have very mixed feelings about the death penalty but there have been a couple cases lately that were particularly bothersome to me - this case being one of them.
iowa girl

Sanford, ME

#5 Oct 23, 2006
Iowa guy wrote:
iowa guy, do i know you?? can i ask your age range? ft. madison hits pretty close to home if you know what i mean.
WEENER

Fort Madison, IA

#6 May 17, 2007
LEAVE HIM ALONE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Madison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cedar Rapids woman suspected of prostitution; '... (Jun '12) May 29 Ol Drippy 9
Shangri La (Mar '10) May 23 Bill Davis 6
News Iowa man convicted in '81 love-triangle murder ... (Jan '09) Mar '15 anonymous 8
News A lonely battle against sex films at Iowa prison (Jan '13) Oct '14 Tony Pugliese 3
News 3 Lee County supervisors sued over meetings (Oct '14) Oct '14 Headless 1
News Press box (Sep '14) Sep '14 berger_angel05 1
FMCH imoral conduct (Aug '14) Aug '14 private for now 1
More from around the web

Fort Madison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]