Colorado Noise Polluters Sentenced to Annoying Music

Full story: findingDulcinea

In Fort Lupton, Colo., those found guilty of noise violations are sentenced to a diet of easy listening classics such as songs from Barry Manilow and even Barney the Dinosaur.
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Dec 7, 2008
Roger

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

Judged:

In another story about this one, of the kids was quoted: "You can't fall asleep," said teenager xxxx xxxxx right before letting out a bit of a sigh.

I'm thinking, now you know how it feels when people are continuously woken up in the middle of the night when youre driving your damn boom car you idiot.
whizkidforte

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

Hey guys! Check out what the British composer Howard Goodall says about that issue of sentencing loud teens to muzak:

www.makingmusic.org.uk/mm/html/pdfs/highnotes...

(Note: you need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this!)

Not only the playlist would teach them about noise etiquette, but it would at least get them to be appreciative of other musical genres!
Donovan Lam

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

Judged:

I'm a new president.
Donovan Lam

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

Judged:

I want to be a new president.
Donovan Lam

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

Judged:

Go for me an election.
Donovan Lam

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

Judged:

Go for me now.
Roger

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

whizkidforte wrote:
Hey guys! Check out what the British composer Howard Goodall says about that issue of sentencing loud teens to muzak:
www.makingmusic.org.uk/mm/html/pdfs/highnotes...
(Note: you need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this!)
Not only the playlist would teach them about noise etiquette, but it would at least get them to be appreciative of other musical genres!
dumbkidfaulty,

ye ole lying sack. I had a gut feeling you were lying, but I had to check the link to make sure.

Cant defend your own point of view so you have to paste someone elses argument that doesn’t even relate to the topic at hand, and is about a different issue? You’re using a straw man argument and you probably don’t even know it. Your moniker is misplaced.

He doesn’t mention anything about sentencing anyone. But, apparently you mistakenly think Mr Goodall is FOR teens forcing loud music on people who are at the time trying to do other things. Wrong. Goodall is obviously arguing that people should not limit the kind of music that they listen. I'm sure Mr Goodall believes people should be allowed to listen WHEN they want to, NOT when others force it especially when it interferes. HIS argument has nothing to do teens blasting their music and disturbing others. What do pop musicians playing their music in a venue designed for their performance have to do with teens - or anyone else - driving through town blasting their bass and disturbing everyone? derrr…nothing.
Donovan Lam

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

Give me an election president now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fort Lupton Discussions

Search the Fort Lupton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) Jul 23 GreeleyGrizzler 286
Police car involed in an accident Jul 11 carl 1
Brittney Nicole Losh has Herpes! (Jun '09) Jul 4 Midlothian Composer 9
Youngest Twin Inventors product opens in Sams C... Jul 4 midlothian composer 2
What the troops in Afghanistan are saying about... Jun '14 Eleanor 1
Water management may be key to cure to Weld shakes Jun '14 Maybe not too 1
Debate: Health Care - Thornton, CO Jun '14 Pfc Jacob H Wykstra 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fort Lupton Jobs

•••