Colorado Noise Polluters Sentenced to...

Colorado Noise Polluters Sentenced to Annoying Music

There are 8 comments on the findingDulcinea story from Nov 25, 2008, titled Colorado Noise Polluters Sentenced to Annoying Music. In it, findingDulcinea reports that:

In Fort Lupton, Colo., those found guilty of noise violations are sentenced to a diet of easy listening classics such as songs from Barry Manilow and even Barney the Dinosaur.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at findingDulcinea.

Roger

Englewood, CO

#1 Nov 26, 2008
In another story about this one, of the kids was quoted: "You can't fall asleep," said teenager xxxx xxxxx right before letting out a bit of a sigh.

I'm thinking, now you know how it feels when people are continuously woken up in the middle of the night when youre driving your damn boom car you idiot.
whizkidforte

Hudson, FL

#2 Dec 5, 2008
Hey guys! Check out what the British composer Howard Goodall says about that issue of sentencing loud teens to muzak:

www.makingmusic.org.uk/mm/html/pdfs/highnotes...

(Note: you need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this!)

Not only the playlist would teach them about noise etiquette, but it would at least get them to be appreciative of other musical genres!
Donovan Lam

Singapore

#3 Dec 6, 2008
I'm a new president.
Donovan Lam

Singapore

#4 Dec 6, 2008
I want to be a new president.
Donovan Lam

Singapore

#5 Dec 6, 2008
Go for me an election.
Donovan Lam

Singapore

#6 Dec 6, 2008
Go for me now.
Roger

Englewood, CO

#7 Dec 6, 2008
whizkidforte wrote:
Hey guys! Check out what the British composer Howard Goodall says about that issue of sentencing loud teens to muzak:
www.makingmusic.org.uk/mm/html/pdfs/highnotes...
(Note: you need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this!)
Not only the playlist would teach them about noise etiquette, but it would at least get them to be appreciative of other musical genres!
dumbkidfaulty,

ye ole lying sack. I had a gut feeling you were lying, but I had to check the link to make sure.

Cant defend your own point of view so you have to paste someone elses argument that doesn’t even relate to the topic at hand, and is about a different issue? You’re using a straw man argument and you probably don’t even know it. Your moniker is misplaced.

He doesn’t mention anything about sentencing anyone. But, apparently you mistakenly think Mr Goodall is FOR teens forcing loud music on people who are at the time trying to do other things. Wrong. Goodall is obviously arguing that people should not limit the kind of music that they listen. I'm sure Mr Goodall believes people should be allowed to listen WHEN they want to, NOT when others force it especially when it interferes. HIS argument has nothing to do teens blasting their music and disturbing others. What do pop musicians playing their music in a venue designed for their performance have to do with teens - or anyone else - driving through town blasting their bass and disturbing everyone? derrr…nothing.
Donovan Lam

Singapore

#8 Dec 7, 2008
Give me an election president now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lupton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colorado Representatives Need to Oppose Tax Hikes Jul 14 HeidiK 1
News Old evidence at new trial (May '06) Jul 5 BigSis 1,115
News Federal housing in Colorado remains off-limits ... (Jan '14) Jun '15 phinneas j whoopie 3
News Northglenn Officer Shot While Serving Search Wa... May '15 dminor 1
Need a photo May '15 robert 1
Does Anyone Remember??? May '15 Mikeyt51 1
News 51st state question answered "yes" in 6 of 11 c... (Nov '13) Nov '13 jconroy 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Lupton Mortgages