Teen dies after vehicle carrying 4 ot...

Teen dies after vehicle carrying 4 others rolls

There are 116 comments on the KUSA Denver story from May 20, 2007, titled Teen dies after vehicle carrying 4 others rolls. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

Police suspect excessive speed to be a factor in a rollover accident Saturday that left one teenager dead.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Mandys Aunt

Littleton, CO

#101 Sep 11, 2007
Highway wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes no sense, you dont know that they were'nt relatives or family friends...I give rides to my 9 y/o daughter...is that wrong?
This was not family friends. It was a man with little girls who HAD been told in the past to stop driving out of control. He did not listen...
show some respect

Denver, CO

#102 Sep 11, 2007
Hello wrote:
Whoops!!! Now.....let's all say that this is yet ANOTHER "tragic" story of a teen who made a simple "mistake" because he is young. These "misatkes" seem to keep costing LIVES......
Don't be an ass. Someone just passed away show some respect for their friends and families.
Everbody needs to move on

Greeley, CO

#103 Oct 20, 2007
You all know this forum is helping no one, it just causes anger, everybody just needs to heal and go on. I understand a girl passed away to soon, but let her be in peace and focus on the living members of the family. I wish EVERYBODY with concerns to this accident a blessed life, from here on out. The Lord will judge everybody involved. I do not think anybody should blame one person for this, everybody in there own way let all these kids down, I am sure the driver's parents are not perfect, Mandy's parents are not perfect, the rest of the kids in the truck's families are not perfect.

It was a very tragic thing, and I understand everybody being angry, but everybody hating everybody, everybody wanting to kill and hurt somebody else, hate causes hate, is this the way everybody is raised these days? Hate is never ok.

I know the family wants justice for her death, but from what I read here, the brother wants the driver and his entire family dead?

The brother is in the armed forces, my father was in the armed forces for 20+ years and they never taught him to act like this gentleman is acting, you are supposed to represent the USA, and the military vet's who fought in all the wars before you, would be ashamed of the way you are acting. If you want to be a brother, than take off the uniform and stop saying how you are in the military. If you want to be a real solider, than wear your uniform with the pride, that it deserves and act and talk like a military person would. I am sure this will upset most of you, I am sorry for that. But it just needs to stop, SOMEWHERE and SOMEHOW.(I know you are going to say when the driver is dead it will be over). Having the driver dead will not bring back Mandy, and not solve anything. You will still hurt and morn for her. Wishing bad on the driver and the others that were involved will not make you fill better over Mandy’s death. Move on remember her, and pray someday you will be with her.

"When you hate, the only one that suffers is you because most of the people you hate don't know it and the rest don't care".

JUST SHUT UP

Greeley, CO

#104 Oct 20, 2007
ok i don't understand why is it the 18 & 19 fault for hanging around 14yr girls where are the parents of these girls? this whole blog is stupid, people bitchen about kids, parenting,why older boys with younger girls,and the driver is at fault! am i missing something shouldn't this blog be for people to write a trbute to mandy and her family? not to set here a blame everyone? shut up and bless everyone involved!
all ages

United States

#105 Oct 20, 2007
Mrs Z wrote:
Maybe part of getting a driver's license for teens should be a trip to the morgue to see the real results of reckless driving. Seeing wrecked cars is helpful, but broken bodies would leave more of an impression.
You are right Mrs Z, but I think maybe everyone of ALL ages need to take a tour through the morgue if they get a speeding ticket. even old men and women get to thinkin' about something else or maybe they are late for an appt. and they speed... also..I've read many comments abouy people wanting to raise the driving age. and I think that is an unnecessary thing to do...everyone who is learning to drive (regardless of age) will have a learning curve time...and people are doofuses at all ages...21 isn't anybetter than 16...
i just think accidents will happen... or on purposes...just depends on how you see it
KellRik

United States

#106 Oct 20, 2007
I don't know you from Adam, but you better believe I know plenty about losing someone. I know how painful it is, and I know how angry it makes you. It seems like you want revenge or something. You have no idea what he and his family are going through.
And I just want to say that I agree with everyone who says it is no "one persons" fault, and that everyone needs to move on, because the hatered that you have inside of you will eat you up.
Everyone has told me what a beautiful and wonderful person your sister was, and I am sooo sorry for your loss. Do you really think SHE would want everyone acting this way?
Candy

Oakland, CA

#107 Oct 23, 2007
I cant stand the media wrote:
<quoted text>
why did an 18 and 19 year old boys have three 14 year old girls in a truck with them in the first place? The whole thing sounds like it was trouble from the start. The 19 year old driver was not a kid any more and should never have had those littel girls with him in the first place.
AHHH, youth and finding a mate. most married couples are in the same age spread. just chalk it up to poor training.
Candy

Oakland, CA

#108 Oct 23, 2007
Mandys Aunt wrote:
<quoted text>This was not family friends. It was a man with little girls who HAD been told in the past to stop driving out of control. He did not listen...
he was probably just a rebal.
our condolances for the loss of Mandy.
amanda-14

Southfield, MI

#109 Nov 18, 2007
Mr Obvious wrote:
I thought all teens were invincable. They think they are. Even though story after story is in the news. No one seems to care about the value of life.
im sorry to say but that is not true not all teens think they are invincble they just seem to think that they have a less risk of getting hurt hten theie moms or dads and every one in my opinion cares about the value of their life in a way
amanda-14

Southfield, MI

#110 Nov 18, 2007
Numbers wrote:
More stupid moron kids THINKING they are invincible. Oh well, sure and steadily they can be counted out.
The driver WAS at fault in the this case, so let it rest on HIS concious. The victims need to select better friends, friends who would be more responsible.
what is wrong with you these kids werent stupid or dumb they just made a stupid choice and every one does in their life so why dont you just keep yuor mouth shut okay because your commetn was very rude
amanda-14

Southfield, MI

#111 Nov 18, 2007
Mrs Z wrote:
Maybe part of getting a driver's license for teens should be a trip to the morgue to see the real results of reckless driving. Seeing wrecked cars is helpful, but broken bodies would leave more of an impression.
i agree with you on that but it does sound a little harsh but maybe thats what they need
Amara mandys friend

Denver, CO

#112 Mar 20, 2008
Imagine just hearing your best friends voice the night before shes gone the last words i hurd from mandy was i love you my manara bye i never thought those would be the last words i would hear from her when i hurd that one of my best friends was dead i didnt believe so i went crazy and tryed to call mandy on her phone but she didnt answer i called over 20 times she didnt answer after she didnt answer i just cryed for who knows how long you know how people look forward to the end of the school year i dread it cause i know may is comeing up and its just so hard to believe it sometimes i miss you so much i had so many good times with her i love u and miss u so much there not a day that goes bye when ur not on my mind
Kiki

Denver, CO

#114 Apr 14, 2008
Wow.. i always hear about things like this happening but never would have thought that something like this would happen to a person who i saw every day at school.. it goes to show you what a couple minutes of fun can lead to.. teens should be more careful in all of the decisions that we make because at the end the things we do are not worth a life.. i never really got to know Mandy, but by what i have heard and seen she was an awesome girl with a bright future ahead of her..
Kiersten Duffy

United States

#115 Apr 14, 2008
It's almost been a year since this tradgedy happened. Can we all stop pointing fingers and just remember Mandy? Obviously most of you are way to selfish to understand the Hell that people involved in this accident have gone through! All of us! Everyone from me a very close friend who had to watch her go on May 19th to her family, and MANY other amazing friends in Mandys life. I find it sooo wrong that people are using this comment board to CALL US STUPID TEENAGERS and argue about whos fault this is!! we make mistakes! I miss you Mandy soooo much!! Not a day goes by that i dont think about you.I love you and you will always remain in my heart.

Since: Nov 07

AOL

#116 Apr 15, 2008
Kiersten Duffy wrote:
It's almost been a year since this tradgedy happened. Can we all stop pointing fingers and just remember Mandy? Obviously most of you are way to selfish to understand the Hell that people involved in this accident have gone through! All of us! Everyone from me a very close friend who had to watch her go on May 19th to her family, and MANY other amazing friends in Mandys life. I find it sooo wrong that people are using this comment board to CALL US STUPID TEENAGERS and argue about whos fault this is!! we make mistakes! I miss you Mandy soooo much!! Not a day goes by that i dont think about you.I love you and you will always remain in my heart.
Kiersten,
You've had to face much more in this last 11 months than most of us go through in decades. I do hope that you and your friends have gotten help and support from professional counselors, school, church and your families. It's okay to be angry when you read some of these comments, just try to remember these are things written by strangers. They didn't know Mandy, they don't know you, they don't know what you've gone through. This is just not a good place to come to if you only expect to see kind or comforting comments. It may have been almost a year, but the pain is going to be with you for a while. Stick with the people that know and care about you. Let them help you take care of yourself.
daylan

Denver, CO

#117 Aug 8, 2008
omg she wasmy bes friend i dont want to her to go I LOVE YOU MANDY R>I>P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lupton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colorado Representatives Need to Oppose Tax Hikes Jul 14 HeidiK 1
News Old evidence at new trial (May '06) Jul 5 BigSis 1,115
News Federal housing in Colorado remains off-limits ... (Jan '14) Jun '15 phinneas j whoopie 3
News Northglenn Officer Shot While Serving Search Wa... May '15 dminor 1
Need a photo May '15 robert 1
Does Anyone Remember??? May '15 Mikeyt51 1
News 51st state question answered "yes" in 6 of 11 c... (Nov '13) Nov '13 jconroy 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Lupton Mortgages