Northglenn man faces 2nd degree murder charge

Apr 16, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Denver Post

Danny Russell Cook, 56, of Northglenn will face second-degree murder charges in the death of a 46-year-old woman in Northglenn last weekend, authorities say.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
karla

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

Judged:

this man should of been locked up a long time ago. let him rot. he has abused ever one of his wives and girl friends. pray it dont get pleaded down to manslater. that would b horible.
Marie

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2010

Karla, do you know Danny Russell Cook personally? If so, I would like to contact you. You are absolutely correct in what you said about him.
Christy

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

i am the victims daughter and would appreciate everyones prayers that this man gets what he deserves. and that is to get the maximum sentence, and for it not to be pled down to any lesser charge. this is a big loss to me right now as i was hoping my mother could be around to see her granddaughter born. but shortly after i found out i was pregnant i knew that was not possible. as we got the sad news of her murder. so please everyone pray. he spends the rest of his life in prison.
Marie

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2010

OMG, Christy, I am soooo very sorry for your loss. You are definitely in my prayers.
Colene

Evans, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2011

Christy wrote:
i am the victims daughter and would appreciate everyones prayers that this man gets what he deserves. and that is to get the maximum sentence, and for it not to be pled down to any lesser charge. this is a big loss to me right now as i was hoping my mother could be around to see her granddaughter born. but shortly after i found out i was pregnant i knew that was not possible. as we got the sad news of her murder. so please everyone pray. he spends the rest of his life in prison.
'v

Christy, my name is Colene. My brother is Danny Russell Cook. I severed all ties with him years ago. I recently came across the Denver Post article about his arrest in the murder of your Mom. First, I am sorry you've lost your Mom; my mother passed away one year ago, and I truly miss her. I am contacting you to see if you know if Danny was convicted for this 2nd degree murder charge? I am not concerned about it, but other family members are anxious for information about it. If you are willing to provide information, please reply to this post and give me an email address to contact you. If you prefer not to deal with this, I truly understand and will not contact you. Thank you,.
Jackie

Smithsburg, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2011

Colene, I have the information you are seeking. Contact me at PressinMatters2u@aol.com.
Colene

Evans, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Jackie wrote:
Colene, I have the information you are seeking. Contact me at PressinMatters2u@aol.com.
Unable to send email to you-it gets aborted. Can you post any info
you have right here? Thanks
Jackie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Hmm, not sure why it would get aborted. Colene, I was married to Danny. You and I met. I was called as a witness for the prosecution as were 3 others of his ex-wives. I truly hope you don't hold that against any of us.

He was charged with 2nd degree murder. He waived his right to an attorney to be present during questioning. I heard that statement...or most of it. The jury found him guilty of 3 counts: Reckless Manslaughter, 1st Degree Assault and Reckless Endangerment. The first one is a Class IV Felony carrying 12 years max. sentence. The second one is a Class A Felony carrying 10 years max. sentence and the third one can go either as a misdemeanor or a felony depending on circumstances. Due to the fact that Danny is facing 10-32 years, it is reasonable to guess that the 3rd charge is also a felony with a max. sentence of 10 years. I'll know more after I've talked to the DA's office. I have other questions for them.
Colene

Evans, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2011

Jackie wrote:
Hmm, not sure why it would get aborted. Colene, I was married to Danny. You and I met. I was called as a witness for the prosecution as were 3 others of his ex-wives. I truly hope you don't hold that against any of us.
He was charged with 2nd degree murder. He waived his right to an attorney to be present during questioning. I heard that statement...or most of it. The jury found him guilty of 3 counts: Reckless Manslaughter, 1st Degree Assault and Reckless Endangerment. The first one is a Class IV Felony carrying 12 years max. sentence. The second one is a Class A Felony carrying 10 years max. sentence and the third one can go either as a misdemeanor or a felony depending on circumstances. Due to the fact that Danny is facing 10-32 years, it is reasonable to guess that the 3rd charge is also a felony with a max. sentence of 10 years. I'll know more after I've talked to the DA's office. I have other questions for them.
Jackie, I've tried to send another email to you. If you do not get it, try emailing directly to cprintz@comcast.net. I also have some questions you might be able to answer.
Jodell

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Christy? I have 2 kids and 2 grandkids....not by him.... I had a huge guilt trip after I left him....
IF I wouldn't have left him...your mom would still be alive....... I didn't know your mom but...i am sooo very sorry....I actully tell her hi every night....God Bless u Christy.....I'm sorry.
jodell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Im perm disabled cuz of him...had no problems till i met him.....been walking wide legged for 10 yrs now...2 neck surgeries....i cant be fixed this time...i was the last to testify.........im the 5th wife....christy..take. care..he can't hurt no more
jodell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Im sorry...he can't hurt anyone anymore
Jackie

Upper Darby, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

jodell wrote:
Im perm disabled cuz of him...had no problems till i met him.....been walking wide legged for 10 yrs now...2 neck surgeries....i cant be fixed this time...i was the last to testify.........im the 5th wife....christy..take. care..he can't hurt no more
Jodell, I'm so sorry for what he put you thru, too. You shouldn't feel bad that Christi's mom died because you left him. There was another woman after you that he'd married. What both you and I did was preserve our own lives. It wasn't till after I left him that I realized he would kill someone someday. I wish I hadn't had that premonition but he is exactly where he should be now. I just wish he had been put away sooner.
jodell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Jackie? What do u mean he got remarried? I'm still legally married to him.
Jackie

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Jodell, he was married a total of 6 times. I can give you the order as best I know it of the 6. Penny, Judy, myself, you, Arlene and an A. Cook. My divorce from him took place in 1999, and by my calculations you would have been wife#4. Did you have a JRT at the time you were with him? I saw the divorce records so I know that A. Cook and Arlene were 2 different people. I got this info from the NG detective when he was investigating the murder. Ms. Carmichael was the 7th woman he was involved with.
Now I have 2 questions for you. What years were you married to him and do you really want to continue the legal aspects of the marriage? I think you can get a divorce in absentia.
He duped everyone of us. He is narcissistic and even flirted with women while I was with him. I have been seriously considering changing my last name legally.
Jackie

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

Jodell, P.S. I can assure you, if you left him he found a way to divorce you just like he did me when I moved to Louisiana to get away from him.
jodell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

I met him the day after Audrey died...at a bar...2003. I married him Nov 2004. 2006 i started walking like this...... first neck surgery....2007......6 mns later..i was in jail for fighting back........2009 i fineally left him for good..... we testified against him in 2010.......he has served me papers....today...makes 17 times........Im .not signing.....he's not in control of me anymore....i am still married to him.....separated /
jodell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

He told me it was penny..Judy...u..audrey...then me.....Jacqueline was 13 months after i fineally left him......all the........divorce letters are from him 4 yrs later.......
Jackie

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Thank you for responding so quickly, Jodell.

Sounds like he left A. Cook out of the equation. I saw Audrey and A. Cook on the same page on the internet. I too, refused to sign the papers he sent me in Louisiana so he divorced me in absentia. Good, meant I didn't have to pay for it. I also testified at his trial in 2011. Wish I could have met you but they flew me in on an overnight trip. I didn't find out about Penny till well after we were married so I'm not surprised he left out A. Cook.

Consider this: Arlene died from an OD I believe, but A. Cook turned up missing. The detectives never found her. Makes me wonder about how Arlene really died. Could he have had a hand in it? After all, she did have a life insurance policy in the amount of $350,000 naming him as beneficiary...

I'm sorry but I find it rather amusing that he's still trying to serve you divorce papers after all this time. As though he's going to be able to get married in an all men's prison? He may very well be trying to harass you, I don't know. If it were me I'd serve him. I would have but I had to wait a year for residency in Louisiana and then never really had the money so he actually did me a favor.
jodell

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Jackie? I was dating him when he got the life insurance policy Audrey... that red truck got pd off as did the house..........i was with him when he sold the one at the bottom of blanca mtn....alamosa...im right after Audrey........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fort Lupton Discussions

Search the Fort Lupton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) 15 hr Dartplayer 285
Police car involed in an accident Jul 11 carl 1
Brittney Nicole Losh has Herpes! (Jun '09) Jul 4 Midlothian Composer 9
Youngest Twin Inventors product opens in Sams C... Jul 4 midlothian composer 2
What the troops in Afghanistan are saying about... Jun '14 Eleanor 1
Water management may be key to cure to Weld shakes Jun '14 Maybe not too 1
Debate: Health Care - Thornton, CO Jun '14 Pfc Jacob H Wykstra 1
•••
•••
•••
Fort Lupton Dating

more search filters

less search filters