Problem with Firestone
Krishna Kiran Kurcheti

San Francisco, CA

#1 Apr 30, 2013
Hello ,

This is Krishna. Few days back I took my car to Firestone when I had problem with my head gaskets. Then Firestone guys replaced the gaskets and told me that spark plugs are to be replaced. So I got them replaced too. Then I drove my car for about three weeks and saw the check engine light turned on. I took it to Firestone immediately. I have not seen any oil leaks or any rise in temparature. But I wanted to get it fixed. So after inspection, Firestone service manager called me and told me that the problem is with spark plugs which were replaced by them previously. So as it has warranty, he told me that he will fix it at free of cost. In addition to this, he said that the radiator has a crack on it. So the radiator and thermostat are to be replaced. He never said me that coolant is leaking. I asked him to give me few hours of time so that I can ask my friends about this and get back to him as I dint have have much knowledge abt cars. In the mean time I had to go out of town on an urgent work and dint get a chance to speak to firestone. After seven days, I called the service manager and asked him to go ahead abt the fix. He started saying that when he just started the car, the head gaskets blew up. He is not responsible for that and I need to bear the amount to fix it. Then I claimed it to the firestone claims, they took another week to inspect it and came back saying that the coolant leak was there from long back and car was getting heated up all the time. If that is the case I would have seen the temparature guage rising up which I have never witnessed even when leaving the car at firestone. The way the guy from claims spoke was so rude and he doesnot even care to listen to me.The service manager to whom I gave my car has been changing the words everytime I call him. So can you tell me how to go about in this issue? I dont have much idea abt cars and this is the way they treat the customers.

Thank you,
Krishna

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lupton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Administrative wrinkle puts fire district board... Nov 24 L Craig s Hush Pu... 7
News Old evidence at new trial (May '06) Nov 15 DAD 1,136
Thornton Fires? Sep '16 Bus Jockey 1
News 51st state question answered "yes" in 6 of 11 c... (Nov '13) Nov '13 jconroy 2
Fourseasons Tourcrusar (Jul '06) Nov '13 George 4
News Salud to break ground Thursday - Fort Morgan Times (Apr '10) Sep '13 Earl 2
movies (May '13) May '13 darlene 1

Fort Lupton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Lupton Mortgages