Wiggins may replace wrestling coach - Fort Morgan Times

A coach interviewing committee will be recommending that the Wiggins Board of Education hire Vince Holten as the new wrestling coach for the 2010-11 season. Full Story
justwondering

Fort Morgan, CO

#1 Jul 8, 2010
ABOUT TIME!!!!! Only 4 years too late
William

Castle Rock, CO

#2 Jul 9, 2010
Yes I agree!!
Backroom politics

AOL

#3 Jul 9, 2010
Coach Penfold asks "PLEASE,someone tell me why Dave is being FIRED!"...Coach, LOOK IN THE MIRROR...he is being fired because of some arrogant egotistical adult who "put their own individual wants and agendas ahead of what is good and right for the program"....you are lucky you didnt do what you did to the wrong person's CHILD...Please take your trophies and laurels and move on and let Wiggins heal. Dont destroy what is left of your reputation. What YOU did was criminal and it got 2 other great coaches into HOT water. Shame on you.
justwondering

Fort Morgan, CO

#4 Jul 9, 2010
And keep throwing other people under the bus Penfold. Great character!!
wrestling mom

Fort Morgan, CO

#5 Jul 11, 2010
The Wiggins wrestlers in the past would always bring it, they may not always win but they were ready to wrestle. In 2010 they had 6 in the finals and 3 champions. 3 of the graduating seniors are going to wrestle in college, and 1 senior to be is being recruited. I have to believe this reflects the kind of coach and staff in place. It seems the harshest critics are persons who are not involved with the HS program, as the wrestlers and their parents support the coach and staff. All the parents and kids want is to wrestle and leave the politics to others. This program has attracted wrestlers from outside the district, because of the coaches and tradition. It will be difficult to do that now with a coach who has no roots here. We really should be careful what we wish for, sometimes we get it.
Bob

Castle Rock, CO

#6 Jul 12, 2010
A coach that watches another coach tape a kid to a weight bench does not deserve to be a coach. Is that the quality of program that Wiggins has? It is time for Dave to move on and leave Wiggins alone. He has caused enough damage to our community!
just the facts

Castle Rock, CO

#7 Jul 28, 2010
Before making comments that drag yet another individual under the bus, maybe you should check your facts Jon. IF Mr. Clay had been present in the wrestling room at the time, he would also have been investigated and most likely not given a teaching license. Your implication otherwise is an insult to anyone with intelligence. Mr. Croissant's teaching license was suspended pending appeal. The school board had no choice but to remove him mid-season. This was done for the protection of the students and the school district and not a result of some vindictiveness on the part of the school board. Mr. Clay filled in because he was asked to so that the entire season would not have to be forfeited. Mr. Croissant has done what he can, and what was asked of him. While I agree that Dave has paid in spades for his error in judgement, you Mr. Penfold need to apologize to those you drug down with you instead of trying to blame someone else for your actions.
Backroom politics

AOL

#8 Jul 31, 2010
Great coaching career but what an arrogant jerk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lupton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chick-fil-A releases records of cancer survivor Sep 19 BOb 1
Old evidence at new trial (May '06) Sep 17 Dad 1,110
CO Colorado Primary Election August 10: Will you v... (Aug '10) Sep 10 We hate fort coll... 32
LP + Mesa = Skybeam, broadband alternative (Dec '08) Aug '14 Terry 83
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) Aug '14 pacostacos 287
Police car involed in an accident Jul '14 carl 1
Brittney Nicole Losh has Herpes! (Jun '09) Jul '14 Midlothian Composer 9
Fort Lupton Dating
Find my Match

Fort Lupton Jobs

Fort Lupton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fort Lupton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort Lupton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]