Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Jul 19, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ward 4

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Three canidates:
Jasmine Gore? 26 year old living with parents? REALLY? I dont if I want a 26 year old running the city of Hopewell!
Wanda Pisarek? No politcal backround as her mailer said today? I also know she has no experience running a business! Works in Richmond from 6 am til 6 pm?
Steve Nugent? Runs a business in Hopewell(WHAP) Took it from nothing to something! Being on City Council IS like running a business! And he will do what's best for the city of Hopewell and Ward 4... No strings attached!(No GOB's with this man)
My vote goes to ......... STEVE NUGENT!
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 1, 2012
 
Steve is owned by the GOBs, look where his money and backing is coming from. He is in the club with Buji. They say jump, he says "how high". Sorry, none of the folks running are big hitters. Hopewell looses again.
Ward 4

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

VN Vet wrote:
Steve is owned by the GOBs, look where his money and backing is coming from. He is in the club with Buji. They say jump, he says "how high". Sorry, none of the folks running are big hitters. Hopewell looses again.
I personally know Steve Nugent and I can assure you that he is nobody's "puppet". I can also assure you that he is NOT "owned by the GOBs". If Steve is elected, he will do what is best for the City of Hopewell and Ward 4.
HHSHW

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Steve has my VOTE, HE IS THE BEST CANIDATE RUNNING!! YOU DAMN SURE DONT WANT WANDA IN THERE, HER HUSBAND WILL BE TELLING HER WHAT TO DO!!
HWS

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 2, 2012
 
i will be voting for steve also!! i do believe he will do whats best for our city, he is a good guy and very respectful...
Billy Bob

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 3, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Wanda Pisarek has my vote. Jasmine Gore has some good education but needs to be in the business a bit longer before running. She has good potential. I met Steve Nugent at a Neighborhood Watch event and learned nothing about him other than the fact that for some unknown reason he brought along a former TV personality. That didn't impress me, and I have heard too many others say that he will simply join the Luman-Bailey/Pelham gang. From what I have seen and heard first hand Wanda is best suited and will not be the type to put her own interests above the betterment of the town. She has years of business experience and no, her husband will not be telling her what to do anymore than your spouses tell you how to run your companies or jobs.
Ward 4

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 3, 2012
 
Billy Bob wrote:
Wanda Pisarek has my vote. Jasmine Gore has some good education but needs to be in the business a bit longer before running. She has good potential. I met Steve Nugent at a Neighborhood Watch event and learned nothing about him other than the fact that for some unknown reason he brought along a former TV personality. That didn't impress me, and I have heard too many others say that he will simply join the Luman-Bailey/Pelham gang. From what I have seen and heard first hand Wanda is best suited and will not be the type to put her own interests above the betterment of the town. She has years of business experience and no, her husband will not be telling her what to do anymore than your spouses tell you how to run your companies or jobs.
For one thing, I know Steve Nugent very well... I am a SINGLE father with a child still in the Hopewell School system. I have lived in this city for over 50 years... I also know what is going on with the bickering and hatred within the present city council! Quite frankly it makes me sick! You are wrong saying "he will simply join the Luman-Bailey/Pelham gang". That's just wrong! You have no idea what you are posting about! YOU ARE NOT VOTING FOR THE BEST PERSON FOR THE JOB IN WARD 4! VOTE for STEVE NUGENT!
Resident in Ward 4

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 5, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

STEVE NUGENT HAS BEEN RECRUITED TO RUN BY THE SHERIFF WHO IS HIS DRINKING BUDDY! HE HAS ALSO BEEN RECRUITED TO RUN BY MIKE BUJAKOWSKI!!!! THIS IS FACT! 2 YRS AGO WHEN MIKE RAN HE USED THE SAME LETTER WORD-FOR-WORD THAT STEVE IS USING NOW! IT IS CLEAR THEY ARE WORKING TOGETHER. THERE SHOULD BE NO REASON TO HAVE THE SAME LETTER IF HE DID NOT GIVE IT TO HIM, UNLESS STEVE STOLE IT AND PLAGIARIZED.
MIKE VOTED FOR THE ETHANOL PLANT,MARINA, AND BEACON.....STEVE WILL VOTE WHATEVER THEY TELL HIM TO. HE IS A PUPPET. DON'T BE FOOLED. HE IS APART OF THE GOB!!!!! HE IS ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT K&L, AND HIS PARENTS STARTED THAT BUSINESS---NOT HIM. HE DID NOT BRING IT FROM THE GROUND UP....HE IS THERE SON....SO THEY LET HIM BE AN ASSISTANT MANAGER. HE IS NOT AN ENTREPRENEUR....JUST A MAN WHOSE FAMILY OWNS A MOM & POP RESTAURANT IN HOPEWELL. AND RESTAURANTS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS OR RUNNING A CITY. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GOVERNMENT, LEGISLATION, LAWS, ETC. HE COULD BE THE CITY MANAGER, SINCE THAT'S WHAT HIS EXPERIENCE IS CLOSEST TO...BUT-THE CITY HAS A FINANCIAL PLANNER, TREASURER AND CITY MANAGER TO HANDLE FUNDS/PLANS....CITY COUNCIL VOTES ON IT. THE BUDGET IS DONE ONCE A YEAR & ALL 7 VOTE ON IT...WHAT ELSE CAN HE BRING TO THE TABLE? NOTHING.
Ward 4

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

To "Resident in Ward 4"
I am sure Steve has been given advice from all the present city council men and women. That does not mean he will be a "Puppet" for any of them! Of course, just like Billy Bob and VN VET, YOU are wrong! Out of the 3 candidates running for Ward 4 Steve is the best person for the job! What can Jasmine Gore or Wanda Pizarek bring to the table?
Evidently people like you, Billy Bob and VN VET have been brainwashed into thinkng the way you think!
Again, I can assure you that Steve Nugent is not anyones "Puppet" and he has nothing to do with the "GOBs"!
Billy Bob

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ward 4 wrote:
To "Resident in Ward 4"
I am sure Steve has been given advice from all the present city council men and women. That does not mean he will be a "Puppet" for any of them! Of course, just like Billy Bob and VN VET, YOU are wrong! Out of the 3 candidates running for Ward 4 Steve is the best person for the job! What can Jasmine Gore or Wanda Pizarek bring to the table?
Evidently people like you, Billy Bob and VN VET have been brainwashed into thinkng the way you think!
Again, I can assure you that Steve Nugent is not anyones "Puppet" and he has nothing to do with the "GOBs"!
Nope, I have not been brainwashed. I am an educated person who is capable of thinking for myself, thank you. At least we were polite in our posts. I did vote for Wanda and I do hope she wins but whoever wins I plan to support that person and would like for the new council member to support ward 4. Wish Hopewell would end the ward system and just have city elections. That way we could have council members who would have the best interests of the entire city in mind, not just those of their individual ward.
Hopewell Native

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Resident in Ward 4 wrote:
STEVE NUGENT HAS BEEN RECRUITED TO RUN BY THE SHERIFF WHO IS HIS DRINKING BUDDY! HE HAS ALSO BEEN RECRUITED TO RUN BY MIKE BUJAKOWSKI!!!! THIS IS FACT! 2 YRS AGO WHEN MIKE RAN HE USED THE SAME LETTER WORD-FOR-WORD THAT STEVE IS USING NOW! IT IS CLEAR THEY ARE WORKING TOGETHER. THERE SHOULD BE NO REASON TO HAVE THE SAME LETTER IF HE DID NOT GIVE IT TO HIM, UNLESS STEVE STOLE IT AND PLAGIARIZED.
MIKE VOTED FOR THE ETHANOL PLANT,MARINA, AND BEACON.....STEVE WILL VOTE WHATEVER THEY TELL HIM TO. HE IS A PUPPET. DON'T BE FOOLED. HE IS APART OF THE GOB!!!!! HE IS ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT K&L, AND HIS PARENTS STARTED THAT BUSINESS---NOT HIM. HE DID NOT BRING IT FROM THE GROUND UP....HE IS THERE SON....SO THEY LET HIM BE AN ASSISTANT MANAGER. HE IS NOT AN ENTREPRENEUR....JUST A MAN WHOSE FAMILY OWNS A MOM & POP RESTAURANT IN HOPEWELL. AND RESTAURANTS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS OR RUNNING A CITY. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GOVERNMENT, LEGISLATION, LAWS, ETC. HE COULD BE THE CITY MANAGER, SINCE THAT'S WHAT HIS EXPERIENCE IS CLOSEST TO...BUT-THE CITY HAS A FINANCIAL PLANNER, TREASURER AND CITY MANAGER TO HANDLE FUNDS/PLANS....CITY COUNCIL VOTES ON IT. THE BUDGET IS DONE ONCE A YEAR & ALL 7 VOTE ON IT...WHAT ELSE CAN HE BRING TO THE TABLE? NOTHING.
I rarely come on this site anymore but your comment is one of the first comments that is based in fact. Thank you!!!
omgagainreally

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Hopewell has spoken for drugs, lawlessness, and the gob. The nation for more taxes, reduced freedom, more Obama phones.

You all deserve everything that is to come from your poor decision making.

Rome lasted 1000 years, we got far less. Too bad.
WHO CARES GORE WON

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 7, 2012
 
Gore won ward 4. That's all I have to say:)
Wloclawek Warrior

Colonial Heights, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 7, 2012
 
Vote for me, I will run the seat properly. You are talking about some clowns, except the Polish, if indeed she is Polish
Billy Bob

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 7, 2012
 
Now that the election results are final and it's all over, can we all just support the new council members even if they were not the ones for whom we voted? We need to support them to have a successful council.
LOL

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hopewell got all the puppets back... yall think the GOB system is all pulling strings, just wait till brenda, roosevelt, and jasmine start running things
Looking at facts

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

LOL wrote:
Hopewell got all the puppets back... yall think the GOB system is all pulling strings, just wait till brenda, roosevelt, and jasmine start running things
Fact #1) Pelham & Edwards do not get along and do not vote the same. Brenda member of the 4....Edwards member of the 3. Gore-independent. Why did you decide to put all of the black people together? WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY WOULD/COULD DO...ITS ONLY 3 VOTES. If it was Mike,Wayne or Jackie..."it would be okay then."

Fact #2) Gore won with a 38% margin in Ward 4. The 2012 Census states Ward 4 is 30.96% African-American.....It is impossible for anyone to state that "the only reason why she won is because all of the black people voted for her",the math doesn't add up.

http://www.hopewellva.gov/files/Redistricting...

Fact #3) The other candidates were not as qualified for the position.

PROGRESS-INDEX

Name: Jasmine Gore

Education: Bachelor of science degree, Bachelor of arts degree

Career: Clinical lab scientist

Civic/Political experience: Secretary/Treasurer of Economic Development Authority, the Education Liaison for Keep Hopewell Beautiful and the Architectural Review Board

Family status: single

Name: Steve W. Nugent

Education: Associate Arts Degree

Career: General manager of Fox Sports Radio in Hopewell

Civic/Political experience: Clean City Committee

Family status: Married, two children

Name: Wanda H. Pisarek

Education: High school diploma

Career: Contract administrator

Civic/Political experience: none

Family status: Married, two children

TIMES-DISPATCH

Jasmine Gore

Age: 26

Education: bachelor's degrees in biology and political science with a concentration in government and a minor in chemistry, Virginia Commonwealth University.

Career/background: nationally certified pharmacy technician; works in a clinical genetics laboratory to sequence DNA for patients to determine which medicines they can take.

Political/community experience: delegate for the VCU Student Government Association; interned with General Assembly for two years; interned with Chesterfield Community Corrections pre-trial services; secretary/treasurer for the Hopewell Economic Development Authority; education liaison for Keep Hopewell Beautiful; and a member of the Hopewell Architecture Review Board.

Steve Nugent

Age: 41

Education: attended Dinwiddie High School; attended John Tyler Community College

Career/background: more than 15 years' experience in management and business; current general manager of Fox Sports Radio WHAP (1340 AM) Hopewell; former assistant manager K&L BBQ in Hopewell.

Political/community experience: past vice chairman of the Clean City Committee; current member of Hopewell Masonic Lodge 289; a volunteer coach for more than 10 years with Hopewell Recreation and Parks.

Wanda Pisarek

Age: 51

Education: "a degree in life"

Career/background: a contract administrator with a national company, she prepares "high-dollar contracts" and works with numerous budgets and projects; responsible for maintaining and reconciling these projects as well as tracking all invoices and correspondence; wife of a combat veteran and Hopewell police officer.

Political/community experience: no political experience.

THE FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!LET IT GO THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN. SUPPORT ALL WINNING CANDIDATES TO MOVE HOPEWELL FORWARD! THIS IS THE REASON WHYYYYYYYY HOPEWELL IS STUCK!PEOPLE LIKE YOU!
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 8, 2012
 
LOL wrote:
Hopewell got all the puppets back... yall think the GOB system is all pulling strings, just wait till brenda, roosevelt, and jasmine start running things
Mr. Roosevelt has nothing to do with the GOBs. Ms. Gore is still up in the air, but we all know how Porker Pelham is one of th e biggest racists that has ever been. Plus, she has sold out her own race, so funny 'cause they voted for her fat azz.
Numbers and Facts

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 9, 2012
 
Looking at facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact #1) Pelham & Edwards do not get along and do not vote the same. Brenda member of the 4....Edwards member of the 3. Gore-independent. Why did you decide to put all of the black people together? WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY WOULD/COULD DO...ITS ONLY 3 VOTES. If it was Mike,Wayne or Jackie..."it would be okay then."
Fact #2) Gore won with a 38% margin in Ward 4. The 2012 Census states Ward 4 is 30.96% African-American.....It is impossible for anyone to state that "the only reason why she won is because all of the black people voted for her",the math doesn't add up.
http://www.hopewellva.gov/files/Redistricting...
Fact #3) The other candidates were not as qualified for the position.
PROGRESS-INDEX
Name: Jasmine Gore
Education: Bachelor of science degree, Bachelor of arts degree
Career: Clinical lab scientist
Civic/Political experience: Secretary/Treasurer of Economic Development Authority, the Education Liaison for Keep Hopewell Beautiful and the Architectural Review Board
Family status: single
Name: Steve W. Nugent
Education: Associate Arts Degree
Career: General manager of Fox Sports Radio in Hopewell
Civic/Political experience: Clean City Committee
Family status: Married, two children
Name: Wanda H. Pisarek
Education: High school diploma
Career: Contract administrator
Civic/Political experience: none
Family status: Married, two children
TIMES-DISPATCH
Jasmine Gore
Age: 26
Education: bachelor's degrees in biology and political science with a concentration in government and a minor in chemistry, Virginia Commonwealth University.
Career/background: nationally certified pharmacy technician; works in a clinical genetics laboratory to sequence DNA for patients to determine which medicines they can take.
Political/community experience: delegate for the VCU Student Government Association; interned with General Assembly for two years; interned with Chesterfield Community Corrections pre-trial services; secretary/treasurer for the Hopewell Economic Development Authority; education liaison for Keep Hopewell Beautiful; and a member of the Hopewell Architecture Review Board.
Steve Nugent
Age: 41
Education: attended Dinwiddie High School; attended John Tyler Community College
Career/background: more than 15 years' experience in management and business; current general manager of Fox Sports Radio WHAP (1340 AM) Hopewell; former assistant manager K&L BBQ in Hopewell.
Political/community experience: past vice chairman of the Clean City Committee; current member of Hopewell Masonic Lodge 289; a volunteer coach for more than 10 years with Hopewell Recreation and Parks.
Wanda Pisarek
Age: 51
Education: "a degree in life"
Career/background: a contract administrator with a national company, she prepares "high-dollar contracts" and works with numerous budgets and projects; responsible for maintaining and reconciling these projects as well as tracking all invoices and correspondence; wife of a combat veteran and Hopewell police officer.
Political/community experience: no political experience.
THE FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!LET IT GO THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN. SUPPORT ALL WINNING CANDIDATES TO MOVE HOPEWELL FORWARD! THIS IS THE REASON WHYYYYYYYY HOPEWELL IS STUCK!PEOPLE LIKE YOU!
The Numbers and Facts?
Facts- She has worked with Brenda on projects before, Why would you think she will not do it now. GOB?
Numbers-Gore won with a 38% margin in Ward 4. Would does that tell you? That 62% or 1,046 people did not vote for her- That is fact! Is that a good thing?
Facts-The 2012 Census states Ward 4 is 30.96% African-American.....It is impossible for anyone to state that "the only reason why she won is because all of the black people voted for her",the math doesn't add up. The math? Let's see, 62% of the other votes was between the other two people running, so the math would add-up,there again- 62% of the people did NOT vote for this. But,I will support her.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Ward 4 has her, #3 has Buji, #6 has Porker Pelham, and #1 has the number 1 A-hole, C.L-B. We as a city are still stuck.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fort Lee Discussions

Search the Fort Lee Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is Buddy Mitchell not a liar anymore??? 8 min Buddy Mitchell 2
What happened to VN Vet? Miss the comments. 42 min Buddy Mitchell 3
Hotel Fun?? 6 hr racerxguy 1
Kenny Amos not licensed or insured - Poor workm... 7 hr subcontractor 3
Kenny Amos not licensed or insured / poor workm... 20 hr Buddy Mitchell 4
Kenny Amos not licensed or insured / Poor workm... Thu Buddy Mitchell 1
Calico female Wed Lena 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fort Lee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fort Lee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Fort Lee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort Lee
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••