Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Nov 5, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Woman

Troy, VA

#1 Nov 2, 2013
Is Newman being investigated for sexual harassment of two former employees?
Interested

Hopewell, VA

#2 Nov 2, 2013
I have always heard the rumors that he is a womanizer and considers himself a ladies man but that is an interesting statement.
Concerned Woman

Troy, VA

#3 Nov 2, 2013
I don't know it to be true, but I would like to know if it is. That's a serious thing to be investigated for if it's true. Not sure I want a womanizer in office either
Concerned

Colonial Heights, VA

#4 Nov 2, 2013
Boy, Cloninger must be really running scared that he has to dig this low.

Be careful what you post here as it may come back to bite you in the backside.
Concerned Woman

Mechanicsville, VA

#5 Nov 2, 2013
All I did was ask a question. Sounds like you may have an answer to it. Would you be wiling to share with us? I just want to know if he really has been questioned about sexual harassment.
Interested

Hopewell, VA

#6 Nov 2, 2013
Concerned wrote:
I think a question was asked and rumors were stated. No made an actual accusation. Sounds like you are running scared C.C.
Disgusted

Colonial Heights, VA

#7 Nov 2, 2013
Concerned wrote:
If he did I don't think Cloninger had to dig very deep. It is common knowledge. I know some of the girls. Not everyone female wants comments about her boobs.
Dumb

Hopewell, VA

#8 Nov 2, 2013
So if these accusations are true, why weren't charges filed against him ?
If they are true why didn't u open your mouth and say something to him ? Your a big girl or girls !
Looks to me the other camp is desperate, saw both cards Cloninger put out in the mail, if that's all he has he needs to get back to the drawing board.
I would be very cautious when voting for a man who doesn't pay his employee taxes.
Decide is something the CA can't be !
Concerned Woman

Mechanicsville, VA

#9 Nov 2, 2013
As a woman, if you're the victim or witness of sexual harassment, it's not always as easy to tell authorities or "speak up". It's insensitive of you to think because a woman has not confronted the harassment it is not true. My question was whether he truly has been or is being questioned for sexual harassment. From the comments I see, it seems there may be some substance to that rumor. Would someone from Newman's campaign address this? I think it can clarify things with this serious matter.
Concered

Colonial Heights, VA

#10 Nov 2, 2013
Concerned Woman wrote:
As a woman, if you're the victim or witness of sexual harassment, it's not always as easy to tell authorities or "speak up". It's insensitive of you to think because a woman has not confronted the harassment it is not true. My question was whether he truly has been or is being questioned for sexual harassment. From the comments I see, it seems there may be some substance to that rumor. Would someone from Newman's campaign address this? I think it can clarify things with this serious matter.
Why don't you call Newman and ASK him? Then IF it IS true, you can come back here and let all of us know before Tuesday. Until that time, it is just a rumor.
Jury Duty

Hopewell, VA

#11 Nov 2, 2013
Concered wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you call Newman and ASK him? Then IF it IS true, you can come back here and let all of us know before Tuesday. Until that time, it is just a rumor.
Great idea. As we all know politicians and lawyers always tell the truth-NOT
HaHa

Hopewell, VA

#12 Nov 2, 2013
Concerned Woman wrote:
We also know women at times accuse men of sexual misconduct because they are mad for one reason or another and want to hurt them or ruin them.
Innocent Bystander

Capitol Heights, MD

#13 Nov 2, 2013
Woaaaa! And Newman is a womanizer? If you don't respect a woman like you respect your mother, you can't respect anyone. Way to be a leader to the youth of our city Rick! Teach them to impose your will on women! I would like to hear more about this questioning!!!!
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#14 Nov 2, 2013
WOW, after Slick-Willy Clinton, and Sheriff Anderson, and C.L-B. sleazing through the voters, you have to be kidding. Newman stays home with his wife, Linda, on Ramsey Ave. Only the sleaze-bag GOBs could come up with slime lies like this to slander someone.
CMC

Hopewell, VA

#15 Nov 2, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
WOW, after Slick-Willy Clinton, and Sheriff Anderson, and C.L-B. sleazing through the voters, you have to be kidding. Newman stays home with his wife, Linda, on Ramsey Ave. Only the sleaze-bag GOBs could come up with slime lies like this to slander someone.
How do you know he stays at home with his wife? Are you there in bed with them you old fool. Alzheimers is an ugly disease.
HaHa

Hopewell, VA

#16 Nov 3, 2013
CMC wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know he stays at home with his wife? Are you there in bed with them you old fool. Alzheimers is an ugly disease.
you are a ugly person.
Concerned Woman

Troy, VA

#17 Nov 3, 2013
So, all I hear is that Newman folks say prove it, not that he has not been questioned about it. Sexual harassment of employees could take place while he is at work so it wouldn't matter if he is home with his wife. Sounds like Newman supporters are using everything negative as a "GOB" attack. That's an excuse, not an explanation. I want an explanation!
Sleepless in City Point

Troy, VA

#18 Nov 3, 2013
What a sleaze!
Chuck

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Nov 3, 2013
Used to call my sister a lot.
Get Real

Mechanicsville, VA

#20 Nov 3, 2013
I have personally asked Newman about this and of course he said no. However, I know him and his wife and I do NOT believe this to be true. There are a couple of "ladies" out there making these accusations without any proof or backup. Defamation of character and/or slander are not very nice things to use in an election. Now, if you have proof, that's a different matter. So far haven't seen any or that. Now.....do you want someone in the CA's office that knows what he's doing or not? Personally, I want someone in there that knows the position and has experience. And that would be Rick Newman!!! Make sure to vote on Tuesday!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Would you hire an unlicensed, uninsured contra... 6 hr Buddy Mitchell 35
SOL scores a mixed bag for area schools 15 hr Rife 1
Question Aug 25 Really 2
Transgender woman says guard ordered her out of... Aug 23 Samantha 1
Smell Aug 23 jkkk 5
See what Hopewell Contractor does not stand beh... Aug 21 uh oh 24
Dozens to be rounded up in record-breaking drug... (Mar '13) Aug 20 jason jones 16
•••
•••
•••

Fort Lee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fort Lee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Fort Lee News, Events & Info