Not a GOB puppet

AOL

#62 Sep 29, 2013
Good Ole Girl wrote:
Cloninger has not spent his entire life in Hopewell. He grew up in Prince George and only went to HHS after his house was annexed. Cloninger betrayed Hopewell when he turned his back on Hopewell years ago and left and started his practice in Prince George and lived in Prince George. He has not come back to benefit Hopewell. He has come back to benefit the GOB's. Don't let Cloninger's camp fool you. He is a puppet for the GoB's.
Cloninger has spent most of his life in Hopewell. He has a longterm background with Hopewell, unlike Newman. Cloninger decided on his own, not at the behest of the GOBs, to run for Commonwealth's Attorney because he loves this city and wants to benefit it. Cloninger has been planning to run for a long time. Newman does not care about the citizens of Hopewell. He rarely makes himself available to the public, and most of the citizens would not even know who he is. All he cares about is personal gain.

Cloninger is not a GOB. The GOBs may prefer him to Newman, but that does not mean that he is a puppet for the GOBs. Cloninger is his own person. He worked for Hercules plant for years and will relate to and represent the hard working citizens of Hopewell.

A vote for Cloninger is a vote for the Hopewell citizens. He will represent and deal with ALL persons fairly and equally.
Not a GOB

AOL

#63 Sep 29, 2013
confused wrote:
"Cloninger was not recruited by the Good Ole Boys to run for Commonwealth's Attorney in Hopewell. He has wanted and planned to run for many years"
This was posted above, Cloniger just stated in his speech Thursday night that he had never thought about running and that "people" talked him into it...
He told me that he had thought about running for Commonwealth's Attorney for a long time. He probably mentioned that to people, who then encouraged him. That does not mean that those people were the GOBs. Don't put words in his mouth.
Playing games

AOL

#64 Sep 29, 2013
I AM A GOB wrote:
Cloninger has been recruited and bought and paid for by the GOB's. Elder, Eliades, and Buji have been funding his entire campaign.
No GOB would say they had "bought" someone.
Good Ole Girl

Hopewell, VA

#65 Sep 29, 2013
Newman was never part of the GOB's. They opposed him when he first ran and they oppose him now. Cloninger was recruited by them. The GOB's were the ones who talked Cloninger into running. Go look at his finance reports and you will see who is funding his race. G O B funding!
You dont know that

AOL

#66 Sep 29, 2013
Good Ole Girl wrote:
Newman was never part of the GOB's. They opposed him when he first ran and they oppose him now. Cloninger was recruited by them. The GOB's were the ones who talked Cloninger into running. Go look at his finance reports and you will see who is funding his race. G O B funding!
You do not know who talked him into running. The GOBs may prefer Cloninger to Newman, but that does not mean that Cloninger is a puppet for the GOBs. Cloninger is his own person. He will treat EVERYONE fairly and equally. Furthermore, he worked for Hercules plant for years and is a working man himself. He will relate to and represent the good, hardworking citizens of Hopewell.
Average Joe

Colonial Heights, VA

#67 Sep 29, 2013
I started reading Hopewell Topics to gain insight into the candidates. What I see are posts that are obviously made up and written by the same people over and over! What is the point? I don't know what to believe.
Good Ole Girl

Hopewell, VA

#68 Sep 29, 2013
I know for a fact which GOB recruited him and which ones are funding his campaign. Really, what does working at a plant have to do with anything. If he were running for the general assembly that would be relevant but has nothing to do with the fact and will not make up for the fact that he has no prosecution experience.
grow up

Hopewell, VA

#69 Sep 29, 2013
Are you all grown adults? Because you all sound like children, and clearly the same people rewording things over and over again. This is the problem with hopewell... all the "adults" are no better than the kids in this town. Get a grip.
get a clue

AOL

#70 Sep 29, 2013
Good Ole Girl wrote:
I know for a fact which GOB recruited him and which ones are funding his campaign. Really, what does working at a plant have to do with anything. If he were running for the general assembly that would be relevant but has nothing to do with the fact and will not make up for the fact that he has no prosecution experience.
Working for a plant has a lot to do with the fact that Cloninger will relate to the citizens of Hopewell and have something in common with them. One mistake Newman has made is that he has not made himself available to the public and most Hopewellians would not even know who he is . When you are the Commonwealth's Attorney, you are serving in a public office and dealing with and making a rapport with the people has everything to do with the job. Furthermore, im addition to having this quality, Cloninger has also worked both the prosecution and criminal defense sides of the courtroom.
Parepidemos

Arlington, VA

#71 Sep 30, 2013
The fact of the matter is that Rick Newman spends most of his time at his office playing games like Solitaire on his city-owned computer. Joseph Waymack, who isn't a lawyer, calls many of the shots, and they openly talk about how they need to go easy on "supporters" charged with crimes. I have talked to several attorneys who practice in Hopewell and have been inside the Comm. Atty's office when it happened. These include attorneys who supported Newman when he ran against Sylvester.

I've also heard from several Hopewell attorneys that both Newman and Waymack spend time on this Topix board, reading and posting replies. It wouldn't surprise me at all if both of them had already posted here.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#72 Sep 30, 2013
Who cares who posts on here? You are on here aren't you? It's a free world. At least it WAS free 'till Obama and his cronies took over the country, and the GOBs are trying to take total control of Hopewell for their own profit. Many of them are attorneys here.
I agree

Hopewell, VA

#73 Oct 1, 2013
Parepidemos wrote:
The fact of the matter is that Rick Newman spends most of his time at his office playing games like Solitaire on his city-owned computer. Joseph Waymack, who isn't a lawyer, calls many of the shots, and they openly talk about how they need to go easy on "supporters" charged with crimes. I have talked to several attorneys who practice in Hopewell and have been inside the Comm. Atty's office when it happened. These include attorneys who supported Newman when he ran against Sylvester.
I've also heard from several Hopewell attorneys that both Newman and Waymack spend time on this Topix board, reading and posting replies. It wouldn't surprise me at all if both of them had already posted here.
I agree with you that Newman's manager Waymack, who is not a lawyer, has way too much authority over legal matters in the Commonwealth's Attorney's office. Newman should not let this happen, but he does. As it is, an individual without a law license is running the Commonwealth's Attorney's office.
Unbelievable

Hopewell, VA

#74 Oct 1, 2013
Petersburg Lawyer wrote:
Working girl, if it were true, you would be correct since truth is a defense to slander. I, however, have not slandered Cloninger, since nothing has been said that would harm his reputation nor have I said anything that is untrue. If you continue to insist that Newman or Waymack engages in criminal misconduct you will learn a hard lesson in life when you have to defend a law suit. Believe me when I tell you I am a lawyer and that I already know who you are.
Newman's campaign threatens people when you don't agree with them. This shows us how they conduct themselves in public office. Do you want that as your Commonwealth's Attorney? Power corrupts, and they need to be taken out of power.
Mantra

Hopewell, VA

#75 Oct 1, 2013
Newman's mantra has always been: "The Good Ole Boys are corrupt. Keep them out of power!" But threatening people with law suits when they disagree with you is as corrupt as I have ever seen.
Power

Hopewell, VA

#76 Oct 1, 2013
When people abuse their power, they need to be taken out of it.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#77 Oct 1, 2013
Power, I agree with that statement. The city manager was just fired for abuse of power, and at least 2 councilors need to go. The sheriff will go on his own, and the GOBs need to just take the money they have now and retire from the human race. I just wish Obama and the rest of the jerks in D.C. would just crawl in a hole and die.
GI Joe

Baltimore, MD

#78 Oct 2, 2013
I can't really blame Newman for not meeting with any of Hopewell's citizens... Have you people ever talked to someone from Hopewell? They're morons.

The fact that Newman doesn't meet with anyone really proves how smart he is. And if Waymack is as powerful as you say he is, then give him his props. It's not his fault he's smarter than everybody else.
Really

Smithfield, RI

#79 Oct 11, 2013
HWS wrote:
VOTE CATHIE MITCHELL.... Not Sodat the yes man...
Yep because if you vote Cathy it only took her 24 years to learn to be a patrolman! Wonder how many years it would take her to learn to be Sheriff?
background

Petersburg, VA

#80 Oct 11, 2013
Really if you think Sodat is so great why has he been only a deputy for 24 years!!! why is it that Anderson stepped in with no experience and knew that he needed to go elsewhere to find his 2nd in command rather than trusting in Sodat to perform duties when he's not there???
HWS

Hopewell, VA

#81 Oct 11, 2013
If Sodat is so great why has he only been promoted ONCE in 24 years!!! Really 24 years at the same place and promoted ONCE. The change from Sergeant to Lieutenant was simply a positional name change. So how is it that after 18 years of service, he was not ready to move into second in command and Anderson had to Hire from PG County to fill that spot, is he now ready to leapfrog second in command and be Sheriff? What kind of magical training did he receive all of a sudden???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donna Howlett Tue Mansion Hiller 18
Review: Speedy Cars Inc (Apr '14) Dec 16 happywithspeedy 3
Report bad work from Kenny Amos here. Dec 16 JJJ 12
Is Edwina Daniel a good Realtor? (Dec '13) Dec 12 Cramaz 27
City Attorney Resigns Dec 6 Mansion Hiller 3
Why Are Petersburg Students so darn Stupid, wor... (Oct '12) Dec 5 Zipperhead 46
Prince George Missing Man (Sep '08) Dec 1 anonymous 56
Fort Lee Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fort Lee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fort Lee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort Lee

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:59 am PST