Your Hopewell Youth Cheerleading and Football League HQL

Posted in the Fort Lee Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
needs auditing

Colonial Heights, VA

#1 Nov 23, 2010
My question is: Is there anyone checks to see where the money actually goes that is paid to Hopewell Quarterback League. This is the League that runs youth football and Cheerleading in the city and seems to me that no one checks to see if the money goes in the league. I think somebody needs to audit them. its not that hard to see how many kids are in the league and how much money you should have.
fundraisers and fundraisers does the money go in the bank and for the kids? People that have been in charge for many years and no one is checking to see where the money is. Parents have talked about this for years and nothing is done. Its not being seen on the kids I can tell you that. and the city gives them everything for free. Familys and friends running it.
The City of Hopewell needs to step up and audit and see where the communities money is going. Its a problem that is allowed to go on and on. wheres the money going?
i agree

Colonial Heights, VA

#2 Nov 23, 2010
yes it does
HQL Past President

Staunton, VA

#3 Nov 24, 2010
Being a past president of the HQL back around 2005 or so, I can assure you that we had a report regarding money at every monthly meeting. Our meetings were open to everyone! We reported how much money was taken in and how much was going out for things like equipment, referees, etc. A youth football and cheerleading league takes alot of money to run!! The last time I checked the HQL is a lot cheaper to join than the youth league in Chesterfield. Everyone on the HQL board, coaches, etc. are volunteers and work their butts off for the children! I can also assure you that all the money goes towards the children! Other than providing the practice and game facilities the City of Hopewell has nothing to do with the Hopewell Quarterback League. You need to volunteer to help the HQL or go to one of their meetings and I am sure they would show you where "all the money goes"!
problem

Colonial Heights, VA

#4 Nov 24, 2010
you got families running it now. Don't think its the same.
HQL Past President

Staunton, VA

#5 Nov 24, 2010
Get involved and stop complaining!
bystander

Colonial Heights, VA

#6 Nov 24, 2010
Who's in charge of the League now? Who are the people on the council for Football and Cheerleading?
wondering

Colonial Heights, VA

#7 Nov 24, 2010
HQL Past President wrote:
Being a past president of the HQL back around 2005 or so, I can assure you that we had a report regarding money at every monthly meeting. Our meetings were open to everyone! We reported how much money was taken in and how much was going out for things like equipment, referees, etc. A youth football and cheerleading league takes alot of money to run!! The last time I checked the HQL is a lot cheaper to join than the youth league in Chesterfield. Everyone on the HQL board, coaches, etc. are volunteers and work their butts off for the children! I can also assure you that all the money goes towards the children! Other than providing the practice and game facilities the City of Hopewell has nothing to do with the Hopewell Quarterback League. You need to volunteer to help the HQL or go to one of their meetings and I am sure they would show you where "all the money goes"!
when you were president? who checked your books? Didn't you have treasurer problems?
see

Colonial Heights, VA

#8 Dec 2, 2010
Got Read needs auditing discussion in Reference to the League also.
meeting

Colonial Heights, VA

#9 Dec 2, 2010
meeting December 13 at 7:00 pm at Hopewell community center. Please everyone come. Its a matter of urgent need to address who running your league
hi all

Colonial Heights, VA

#10 Dec 3, 2010
Subject "needs Auditing" is about this meeting?
Sonny

Chicago, IL

#11 Dec 3, 2010
No pictures?
BE THERE

Colonial Heights, VA

#13 Dec 7, 2010
December 13th at 7:oo pm Hopewell Community Center.
Please everyone come and make sure your league is what it should be.
Most of posts on matter are on the "needs Auditing" listing I see.
JAN meeting

Colonial Heights, VA

#15 Dec 16, 2010
Please post dates
when

Newburg, MD

#17 Jan 7, 2011
When's jan. Meeting?
get involved

Greenbackville, VA

#18 Jun 1, 2011
I hope somebody watching the money this year
Website does say

Colonial Heights, VA

#19 Jun 1, 2011
Read Needs Auditing
marlboro man

Washington, DC

#20 Jun 6, 2011
needs auditing wrote:
My question is: Is there anyone checks to see where the money actually goes that is paid to Hopewell Quarterback League. This is the League that runs youth football and Cheerleading in the city and seems to me that no one checks to see if the money goes in the league. I think somebody needs to audit them. its not that hard to see how many kids are in the league and how much money you should have.
fundraisers and fundraisers does the money go in the bank and for the kids? People that have been in charge for many years and no one is checking to see where the money is. Parents have talked about this for years and nothing is done. Its not being seen on the kids I can tell you that. and the city gives them everything for free. Familys and friends running it.
The City of Hopewell needs to step up and audit and see where the communities money is going. Its a problem that is allowed to go on and on. wheres the money going?
It doesnt really matter does it its cheaper to sign up in prince george 25.00 dollars 4 1 child 40.00 4 two kids 55.00 4 3 kids. alot better than the 120.00 dollars to sign up this year in hopewell that doesnt include jerseys cheer packets nothing. Go to pg.
marlboro man

Washington, DC

#21 Jun 6, 2011
Go to P.G. its cheaper. Prices posted in todays sunday times.
marlboro man

AOL

#22 Jun 6, 2011
needs auditing wrote:
Your totally right about certain people being audited. But not whats currently in place those people in charge now are trying to rebuild this league the way its suppose to be. But it cant happen over night as far as some family being out there it is because of lack of volunteers. If you wanna gripe it should be towards the right people. Those who ran it from about three years back several years up to then. Several board members have been removed over the past 3 years. And yes those people, Read, cherry,crouch,s Should all be audited and answer why there pockets got thicker. And the leagues got thinner.(During a time when hopewell had three times the amount of kids playing where did all that money go) But there not there anymore. Whats in place will work if giving time. And you have to realize that the league lost alot of its funding. So the fund raisers are there to help the league recover. And the equipment is sometimes given to the league but most is old and out dated. Knew equipment is still needed to replace old out dated equipment . Would you want to sweat in shoulder pads that were 20 years old? Or defected eqipment? I wouldnt want my child with old equipment Why are you just griping about football anyway What about baseball Those who have been running it into the ground for years are still there. Nobody has noticed the drop in sign ups volunteers over the past 16 years? Before long kids wont have a summer sport to play. Gripe about that. And try to support what knew board members for HQL. Are trying to rebuild the proper way. So take your pitchforks and toraches and put them away or go after the right group of people. Why dont you look at the rec department with all thats happening there. I wont point fingers because every one knows who Im talking about.
Coach D

Richmond, VA

#23 Jun 30, 2011
Funny that people not in Hopewell or have a kid in the football program are worried and spread things about it. I played, coached , and was on the board for a short while. I coached for 9 years up to 2008. We had got all new equipment for the kids had real refs. I think the people in the program and see where the money is going. I do know the people in it now and yes it has changed but they are still honest good people. And just a note the HQL has not been part of the city since I played in the mid 80's. So it has taken care of itself for a while and doing pretty good at it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News I am a gay Yankee teacher in the South (Aug '15) 2 hr Wondering 17
Local sluts May 23 Fedup 1
Anchors? May 20 pipe 15
Can The City of Petersburg get any worse? May 13 PReZ 5
Preacher Little is yet another Scoundrel To rap... May 13 Zeka the Pinhead 1
News Woman gets life for cab driver's murder May 12 foundation94 1
City council May 10 VN Vet 90
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Lee Mortgages